User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So my question is how do politicians and anti-gun people over there view the evil pistol grip?

Never been an issue, neither have bayonet lugs, folding stocks, flash hiders, 30 round mags, silencers/moderators and other evil 'assault features'…

ANdy

hey ANdy you seem well informed about US gun/anti-gun issues. A sign that you hang out here too much?

You want to try and import stuff into the UK from the States. The UK authority view on firearms and parts is very matter-of-fact, ie it doesn't matter that it's black, or looks like something out of Starship Troopers.

We need an export licence even for an AR stock, if it's for an AR then it's an assault rifle part.
All the parts that made an assault rifle were seen over here as just parts. Threaded muzzles, bayonet lugs, pistol grip, collapsing stocks, 20+ magazines, etc, etc, didn't matter. A rifle was a rifle, no matter how it looked. BTW The Germans have just (in the last few years) removed a 'black' rifle ban. No more need to make ARs with pink furniture.

Then try to export 1903s or P17s back to the States. Impossible, we'd never be allowed an import licence as these nasty weapons were sent here for war use. Doesn't matter that was over 60 years ago.

All sense and reason usually go out the window when talking to the 'man' about firearms issues.

Matt
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So my question is how do politicians and anti-gun people over there view the evil pistol grip?

Never been an issue, neither have bayonet lugs, folding stocks, flash hiders, 30 round mags, silencers/moderators and other evil 'assault features'…

ANdy

hey ANdy you seem well informed about US gun/anti-gun issues. A sign that you hang out here too much?

You want to try and import stuff into the UK from the States. The UK authority view on firearms and parts is very matter-of-fact, ie it doesn't matter that it's black, or looks like something out of Starship Troopers.

We need an export licence even for an AR stock, if it's for an AR then it's an assault rifle part.
All the parts that made an assault rifle were seen over here as just parts. Threaded muzzles, bayonet lugs, pistol grip, collapsing stocks, 20+ magazines, etc, etc, didn't matter. A rifle was a rifle, no matter how it looked. BTW The Germans have just (in the last few years) removed a 'black' rifle ban. No more need to make ARs with pink furniture.

Then try to export 1903s or P17s back to the States. Impossible, we'd never be allowed an import licence as these nasty weapons were sent here for war use. Doesn't matter that was over 60 years ago.

All sense and reason usually go out the window when talking to the 'man' about firearms issues.

Matt

Matt you ARE kidding about the pink furniture?(although pink AR's in France, yes I can see that) I agree that the "man" has had his views about firearms determined by the movies, i.e. Senator Swinestein.

Atleast the dreaded AWB has expired so most of us can now get the evil features previously banned.  The BATF has recently ruled that firearms previous sent(from the US) to other countries can now be re-imported back to the US(someone can correct me here) so perhaps we'll be able to get our little hands on some Garands, M1 carbines and other guns which allow for "more thrusts per squeeze"  
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
HRA Club postings only!
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
unlock
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
New tidied up thread posted.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top