Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My bad, I didn't realize that you were part of the TR group and do see that you posted three times in the last three weeks. I'm two hours north and would need to find a cheap hotel nearby if I was to attend. I'll start looking around, but don't want to get charged a nites stay and then have the class cx'd.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
No problem.

I'll be in the office on Wednesday or Thursday and will get an update on class size and the cutoff date so everyone will know where we stand.

Seriously folks, if you want these classes try to get your buddies to go, post the announcement at the local PD or shooting range. I know NJ has interested shooters - they come to the PA classes all the time. If you signed up you are part of the recruiting team, don't leave it all to Tosser.

Parallel thread on courses HERE:
getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/107107591/m/1301055314
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks like this may be a no go! I can't believe we can't even fill 2 classes! Oh well. I will hang in for a couple of weeks but I'm going to look for alternatives.   gd

this is a definitive answer or assumption?

It is neither! It is just how things are looking look to me. gd
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Tactical Response will be teaching these classes on the scheduled dates. The pistol class is pretty full but we may be able to fit a few more, the rifle class has available slots but is going to happen regardless. Pass the word - classes are always more enjoyable with more students so tell your friends.

There it is - definitive and official. Pistol guys, bring your rifles - pistol students always get amped up on the training and want to stay for the rifle class. Come prepared...

Tim Mulverhill
Instructor
Tactical Response
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the update, and I look forward to both classes!
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#6]
great news! c u there! It will be good to see you Joel. Bringing the G-30?

Things are looking good now!  gd
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#7]
noticed 3 hotels in the area of winslow, nj as listed on the tactical response site.

anyone recommend the 'best' one?
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
great news! c u there! It will be good to see you Joel. Bringing the G-30?

Things are looking good now!  gd

I am going to shoot a 21, but I will bring the 30 too if you want
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 1:23:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Current Totals:

Pistol 13

Rifle 5

Good job guys this is happening.  Any questions as far as directions, local accommodation, or whatever feel free to PM me.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 3:03:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
noticed 3 hotels in the area of winslow, nj as listed on the tactical response site.

anyone recommend the 'best' one?

You should bring a black light with you for most in this area.

I'd reccommend the Ramada in Hammonton, which is 6 miles away
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You should bring a black light with you for most in this area.

I'd reccommend the Ramada in Hammonton, which is 6 miles away

thanks... looks like the ramada is all booked up around those dates.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#12]
anyone registered for pistol bringing more than one handgun with them?
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
anyone registered for pistol bringing more than one handgun with them?

I normally bring a spare handgun and/or rifle whenever I take a class just in case I have a problem.  However I have never needed to use it
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Based on my experience as a student and from what I've witnessed as an instructor I would recommend bringing a spare gun for each class. Even spare support gear to see what works best for you.

Remember, no Serpa holsters in Tactical Response classes. Camelbaks highly recommended as well as electronic ear pro, but not required. Knee/elbow pads too as you will be on the ground and I doubt the range is manicured golf course turf.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 3:38:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Remember, no Serpa holsters in Tactical Response classes.

is there a holster you'd recommend for an hk p30? the only one i've been able to find is a blackhawk cqc (which is a serpa)... any suggestions? this is my most likely secondary pistol...

unless i bring my mk23 w/ safariland thigh rig. i'm set to use my glock (which i have a blade tech holster for).
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
is there a holster you'd recommend for an hk p30? the only one i've been able to find is a blackhawk cqc (which is a serpa)... any suggestions? this is my most likely secondary pistol...

Comp-Tac has all their holsters available for the P30 and they work great.

http://comp-tac.com/
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#17]
actually just ordered a belt holster from them... hopefully it'll be in my hands well before the course.

thanks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I will be shooting a Sig 226! I will bring ab XD-9 SC abd an XD-45 Compact for backup. Will probably throw the AR and AKM in the truck too. C U there!  Thanks Joel! Bring the G-30!     gd
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#19]
is there anywhere near the range to purchase ammo at reasonable prices? or, is it possible to have ammo shipped there?

i should have plenty but just curious if i'd want more while i'm there.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Ammoman's warehouse is actually like 20 miles from there.  For his walk in purchasing you can be there at like 700 am or earlier i would call first.  Everywhere else that is walk in ammo purchasing is an arm and a leg to buy anything.

IM me for more details.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ammoman's warehouse is actually like 20 miles from there.  For his walk in purchasing you can be there at like 700 am or earlier i would call first.  Everywhere else that is walk in ammo purchasing is an arm and a leg to buy anything.

IM me for more details.

thanks. i may be in touch before then... how many people attending are from that area? i'm coming down from the north and will just be staying at a local hotel.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:45:40 AM EDT
[#22]
IM sent with my contact info.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Pistol is full, waiting list is available.  Still some spots left for rifle!

Link Posted: 7/24/2008 6:43:13 AM EDT
[#24]
BTT with update.  

Pistol Full

Rifle at 7 students
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Whoda Thought. Tactical Response right here in the Peoples Republik of New Jersey. Better keep this on the QT. They have eyes everywhere!  gd
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Bump...can't wait.  Going for the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Was at the range and everything is squared away!  Hope to see you all there!
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 4:56:19 AM EDT
[#28]
are most of the people attending ar15.com members?

(curious)
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Unknown if most are ar15.com members.  Ask when we get there!
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 2:01:41 AM EDT
[#30]
It's Training Day. Headin South!  C U there!    Doc
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#31]
thanks for putting this together Tosser...

well worth the money and i definitely plan to train with Tactical Response again.

nice to meet some fellow ar15.com members there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks to Tosser for making these classes happen!

Thanks to James and Kyle for giving a couple of great classes, and particularly for leaving TN and coming here to do so!

I will post reviews soon, but right now I need a good night's sleep.

Edited to add: For my review of Fighting Rifle, with pics, go HERE
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#33]
i don't think i've seen a single negative review for any of the Tactical Response courses.

looking forward to them hopefully coming back next spring... are they planning to offer 'advanced fighting pistol' next time around?
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#34]
also, as an added note, they also run a great gear shop, Tactical Response Gear.

very fast to ship, usually same day from my experiences... and i've placed 5 orders from them so far.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Yeah! and no backorder nonsense! 48 hour delivery to NJ. Not bad! Just bought a t-shirt and some plastic bullets! doc

Thanks to Nick and the guys at the south Jersey Shooting Range in Wislow.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top