BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the land of milk and honey armpit of WA (Columbia Basin).

fixt

Hows that? As you have all the gayes, liberals, militia and other degenerates?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fixt

Oh, you're going to love this...

We labeled I-90 an EVACUATION ROUTE.

It leads from downtown Seattle - straight to you.

YOU DON"T EVEN HAVE TO COME TO THEM - WE'RE SENDING THEM TO YOU!!!

The militia will know better than to bother you, so we'll just stay.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fixt

It's pretty hard to argue with your logic, but I spent my time in the basin and have been released for time served & bad good behavior. You fellahs can keep that desolate stinkin' desert life to yourselves. Turkeys, Elk, Mule Deer, Pheasant, Geese, Chukar, Quail, Whitetail, Duck, hmm ok more for us. FYI vantage bridge has been designated as TRP#1, nothing will pass.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
FYI vantage bridge has been designated as TRP#1, nothing will pass.

Those are gonna be all of Gregorie's voters, she'll get them through for the political rally at George.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wait for the NG to rescue us. They alone have been properly trained and are qualified to know what is best for us.

Don't wait for us dude...we'll be too busy watching all the pandimonium from that side of the mountians on TV.

Bah, you've already proudly proclaimed how you will mindlessly follow orders from your Commandant Gregoire just like the good little NG drone soldier that you are programmed trained to be.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wait for the NG to rescue us. They alone have been properly trained and are qualified to know what is best for us.

Don't wait for us dude...we'll be too busy watching all the pandimonium from that side of the mountians on TV.

Bah, you've already proudly proclaimed how you will mindlessly follow orders from your Commandant Gregoire just like the good little NG drone soldier that you are programmed trained to be.

Remember, she has the authority to draft you too.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Shit there all comming from the westside to Chelan and the Methow Valley.  Now I have to replan my SHTF plans.  I dont see why they wont just stay on I90 and get off at either Vantage or George? Moses Hole is another good destination
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Shit there all comming from the westside to Chelan and the Methow Valley.  Now I have to replan my SHTF plans.  I dont see why they wont just stay on I90 and get off at either Vantage or George? Moses Hole is another good destination

Im buying property out that direction, and I hope to bring all of my friends.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Your welcome here I figure anyone on this site is ok and a freind.  I still think I90 East to the Vantage bridge take a right and drive due south for about 3 hours and you will be safe
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember, she has the authority to draft you too.

What's truly funny about that, in a sick, dark way, is that some of y'all out there beleive that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

161 and I wre talking about this several months ago.  The only problem I see is that if there were an earthquake or something big enough to cause major problems in the SEATAC area, I-90 would probably become blocked somewhere on or near Snoqualimie.  And if the bridge at Vantage went down access to anything east would be blocked off.  If that were the case E. Wa would'nt be too effected.  We were war gaming scenarios of what might happen if the local towns were swamped with refugees and working them into our own personal preparedness plans .   I really dont think Spokane would see that much effect, but the little towns along the way like E-burg, Moses Lake, and Ritzville would be devistated as would the Tri Cities, Yakima, and Walla walla to a lesser extent.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

161 and I wre talking about this several months ago.  The only problem I see is that if there were an earthquake or something big enough to cause major problems in the SEATAC area, I-90 would probably become blocked somewhere on or near Snoqualimie.  And if the bridge at Vantage went down access to anything east would be blocked off.  If that were the case E. Wa would'nt be too effected.  We were war gaming scenarios of what might happen if the local towns were swamped with refugees and working them into our own personal preparedness plans .   I really dont think Spokane would see that much effect, but the little towns along the way like E-burg, Moses Lake, and Ritzville would be devistated as would the Tri Cities, Yakima, and Walla walla to a lesser extent.

Yup. People would gravitate towards shelter, food and water. Spokane would probably become Olympia East. All the "people who mattered" would wind up there. You would be up to your ass in "authority figures" out investigating and demanding.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. People would gravitate towards shelter, food and water. Spokane would probably become Olympia East. All the "people who mattered" would wind up there. You would be up to your ass in "authority figures" out investigating and demanding.

They will be told to keep going till they hit Denver, there you will be provided with free housing, medical and a $2,000 credit card. Should keep the riff-raff moving along and out of our side of the State.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#16]
This is a great thread.  It really got me thinking more indepth about what I would do.  All of you brought up good points.

What are the scenarios that your preparing for in this area?  Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanic Erruption... Anything else I missed?

Each scenario will be different, but what scenarios are people talking about moving to the hills or out of the cities for?  

Access to Eastern WA might be a problem, so where are you planning on going N, S, W?

Dont flame me, I know we cant predict what SHTF might happen, Im just trying to think things out more...

Food, water, ammo and a good plan are a start, improvise from there when SHTF
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Well we have seen what just normal spring and autumn weather does to the I-90Pass(rock slides), Imagine an Earthquake, nuclear explosion or simply what happens in rush hour traffic, complete and total grid lock. Putting some mountain bikes on your car is probably a good idea or some real compfy shoes, Long walk to Eastside.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#18]
When I taught disaster preparedness in So Cal, one of the senarios was an 8.3 earthquake in Los Angeles. Freeways passes would collapse and routes for aid and emegency services would be severely compromised. If these problems lasted for more than a few days, then food supplies etc, would not get in. Add a lack of water and power and things would get messy real quick.

One of the biggest problems to recovery would be the collapsed freeway system. If a large quake hits Seattle, I would not count on all the freeways being usable. Each CA quake damaged one or more freeways. The SF Quake took out the 880 and the Northridge took out bridges on the I-10, I-5 and I-118.
If Seattle lost the I-5, I-90 or I-405, I would not want to be in town. There would be no easy way in or out.

Spokane would probably not be affected too much by refugees. Most people will want to stay close to home when a disaster strkes. There would also be fuel shortages and with no power, people wouldn't be able to fill their cars with gas. Neaby towns would take the brunt of displaced persons.

A good solution: Call FEMA at 1-800- BE-READY and ask for your free copy of : "Are you Ready? An In-Depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness". It's got some good ideas for what to do in the event of earthquakes and other disasters.
The "Red Cross" also has some good checklists and preparedness tips that can be printed off their website.

Keeping 14 days worth of food, water and other supplies a good thing too!

Right now Mountain House has 40% off their Marine Meals and free shipping over $50.00
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey bud, You need to get some rest and not be up all night on the internet.  I put my copy of Patriots on your desk.  Figured you may need something to pass the time while Gary and Vic pontificate about the gunnery process.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Right now Mountain House has 40% off their Marine Meals and free shipping over $50.00

Linky?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky?

www.mtnhse.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=MCDL
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#22]
No offense to those who live in Yakima but it would be a great west side destination as maybe it would balance out the illegal population, I also heard there is a good place to stay in Walla Walla  Tri Citys glow a little to much for me  Seriously you did forget to mention a dam breach.  I think that would pretty much shut Washington down for a while.  For me I think all the remaining roads would be a mess, hell all roads leading from the west side would be plugged, you would have people trying to leave, releif workers trying to get in.  What a mess.  I think either a earthquake or power disruption are our fears.  Maybe a terrorist strike but there are better citys for that.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Yup, breaching one of the upriver dams would make for a merry old time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Im bugging out to Hat Island...

You dirty bastards will never get me....
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm just going to high ground as the EMS has said I would have 8 hours if Grand Coulee burst before it impacts where I live.  They also informed me that with all of the other dams going through a dray down impact would me minimal.  WTF  how could a 200+ foot wall of water be a minimal impact??  My question is how the f*** will any of the other dams survive?  I mean even with rapid draw downs wouldn't their be flooding?  How the hell could any of the other dams survive the wall of water?   I'm hoping their might be a engineer here who could explain this to me?  Wouldn't say if all the dams on the Columbia drain their reservoir's wheres all that water going to go?  Than you have the original problem GC wouldn't that wall remove everything in its path?  Last I checked dams were designed to hold water but not have it go over the top?  They told us our worst problem would be lack of electricty?  I feel so much better that FEMA came around here a coupla years ago to talk with all of us who live on or around the water.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#26]
For more thoughts on SHTF from a Washington hometown member, read this thread:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=451678
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Gee thanks, we are embarrassed enough as it is
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's good that he is being more widely exposed for what he is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#29]
What a disgrace.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

We have a couple of them around here....

Chairborn is also posting again I see.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

What bugs me most about this guy Torakan is his victim stance.  Any time somebody gets after him for name calling or profanity, he'll bitch and moan and flap his lips about how people were mean to him first, and he's just giving what he's gotten.  

Criminals use their victim stance to justify their doing crime.  Torakan uses his victim stance to justify being a jerk to other people.  I'm not saying Torakan is a criminal.  But he does justify his shitty behavior with the same whacked thought processes.  Ugly damn business all around.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#34]
WTF?

Quoted:
"I'm a senior NCO in the Active Army, and yes I do have a problem with civilian militias."

"I induce from your statement that you don't take your oath seriously about supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I'm also guessing you're also one of those who answered in the affirmative when asked if you would forcilby disarm citizens of the United States."

"Damn fucking right I would if it was under a lawfull order, and I would shoot you dead without a thought if you pointed your weapon at me while I was doing it. Ive proven my allegence to this county and "our" constitution in the sand and dirt of several foreign countries that threatend "your" freedom. What have you done other than talk about how your going to overthrow your government? You need to turn off your computer and get a dose of the real word."

Any of the rest of you find this down right frightening? "Civilian Militia"? There's another kind?

mi·li·tia   Audio pronunciation of "militia" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (m-lsh)
n.

1. An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers.
  2. A military force that is not part of a regular army and is subject to call for service in an emergency.
  3. The whole body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By Thomas Jefferson
For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

"The supremacy of the civil over the military authority I deem [one of] the essential principles of our Government, and consequently [one of] those which ought to shape its administration."

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#36]
A qualifier first-
I'm not looking to re-hash old business, and I truly neither denounce or support anything my comrade-in-arms has to say, but after skimming the first page only, I cam across this-

Quoted:
You also think because you target practice once in a while you will be able to successfully fend off a modern, well equiped, trained, and combat experienced military. While I may empathise with your cause and agree with some of your politics, your grasp of reality wrong.

I have to echo that sentiment. There's a whole lot of folks running around out there who think an SKS, a set of Tiger stripes, stockpile of MRE's, a Maxxon50 radio, and a few of their Bubba's makes for a militia. Most of them think the government we have is "illegal" and has been for nearly 50 years. They also tend to have lives riddled with failure, delusions of granduer, Robin Hood/saviour complexes, and think that watching Tom Hanks make a "Sticky bomb" will enable them to defeat modern armor. (These are alos the same folks who bought AMC Eagles, 'cause it was 4wheel drive, but covertly...)

There's also the same number that think 161, Torakan, and myself are goosestepping, programmed instruments of a police state, who can't wait for, in fact, are chafing for the day, when we get to wipe our ass with the Constitution, rape your dog, and shoot your daughter, Taser your wife and say mean things to your plants.

Whatever-

I don't care to argue how "your" militia is better than that, nor do I care to re-visit previous locked threads. I'll bet though, that 99% of you who are honest with yourselves know of, have met, or had some sort of contact with an individual of that type of weapons grade delusion.

They're out there, they exist, and the more "militant" they espouse to be....the more distasteful I find their exsistance. You abdicate the violent overthrow of my country, well then you deserve to have folks come to your house, and rape your dog, and shoot your daughter, Taser your wife and say mean things to your plants.

Other than that.......
Tweeter's right. Stay out of @#$%^& SF.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Is that like the 3 little fucktards who joined the NG and suddenly think they are Rambo?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:17:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Is that like the 3 little fucktards who joined the NG and suddenly think they are Rambo?

Hey now....

I resembled that remark once.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:44:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

At least they are doing something besides wearing camo to gravel pits, and hanging out at gun shows passing out literature on bullshit conspiracy theory after bullshit conspiracy theory.  Yeah, sometimes Torokan and Matt say things that I find a bit over the top, though I think that both are typing while frustrated, and for some reason I get the impression that Matt is being a bit of a smart ass at times.

I have also seen those with a bent more like Stat in the Guard.  One guy that used to be in my last unit was way beyong Strat.  He was just nuts. Anyone who slept on a cot and used a sleeping bag by choice, at the age of his upper thirties, while living with his mom, and who's spare time was spent reloading, and who's idea of fun was to load up his British WWII vest, and take his SMLE for a walk through the city park and near the University campus at 0300 is a bit nuts IMO.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:24:31 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

There are quite a few people in here (WA hometown) that I have a great deal of respect for.There are a couple that I have no respect for whatsoever regardless of status in the world.No need to be embarrassed of anyone .It'll all shake out in the end.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Rambo? WTF is your Prob? Perhaps you need to take a deep breath there Randy W. You also need to tell the difference when someone is pushing your buttons and when they are actually serious, you seem to be unable to tell.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rambo? WTF is your Prob? Perhaps you need to take a deep breath there Randy W. You also need to tell the difference when someone is pushing your buttons and when they are actually serious, you seem to be unable to tell.

LMAO. Looks like one of the little fucktard's buttons just got pushed. I see you are still trying to project your own issues onto others.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO. Looks like one of the little fucktard's buttons just got pushed. I see you are still trying to project your own issues onto others.

You are a rather foul mouth'd person arnt you? Perhaps with a proper education you can be taught to speak like an intelligent person with something actually to say, that is worthwhile to hear. As for pushing my buttons, No you havent, I rarely get angry, especially at something like you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Holy shit....you are one stupid son-of-a-bitch, ain't ya?

Yeah you are,  I ain't no "Rambo"....no one has given me one of those cool knives.
Where the fuck is that Col. Troutman motherfucker?
Isn't he supposed to issue thise???
....Troutman!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What bugs me most about this guy Torakan is his victim stance.  Any time somebody gets after him for name calling or profanity, he'll bitch and moan and flap his lips about how people were mean to him first, and he's just giving what he's gotten.  

Criminals use their victim stance to justify their doing crime.  Torakan uses his victim stance to justify being a jerk to other people.  I'm not saying Torakan is a criminal.  But he does justify his shitty behavior with the same whacked thought processes.  Ugly damn business all around.

When you get into a shit storm like that, the only way to stop the cycle is to take the last shot on your chin and refuse to retaliate. If you stop fighting, the fight is over. The real man is the guy who refused to retaliate.

I can respect that Torakan has an opinion without supporting it. My interpretation of the Bill of Rights is that NOBODY, from the President down, can legally order law-abiding people to be disarmed. The Founding Fathers meant for us to defend ourselves, and our communities, from all enemies, foreign and domesttic.

The Federalist Papers were written to explain the Founding Father's reasoning for writing the documents the way they did. They should be required reading in high school, along with marksmanship training, gun safety and first aid. They should be reminded that when they turn 18 they are a part of the state militia and may be called upon to serve.

In the case of NOLA, even the police looted, robbed and assaulted people. We should be able to defend ourselves from such people.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#47]

say mean things to your plants.

Man, you so need a spanking! And not from your wife, either.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

say mean things to your plants.

Man, you so need a spanking! And not from your wife, either.

I'm just glad that my #2 Arch-nemesis can still read the humor in between sober rationaliztion.

In the case of NOLA, even the police looted, robbed and assaulted people. We should be able to defend ourselves from such people.

ETA- The NOLA PD has been known as the most corrupt city PD in the nation for many years....must have somehting to do with the Fench influence down there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you get into a shit storm like that, the only way to stop the cycle is to take the last shot on your chin and refuse to retaliate. If you stop fighting, the fight is over. The real man is the guy who refused to retaliate.

I can respect that Torakan has an opinion without supporting it. My interpretation of the Bill of Rights is that NOBODY, from the President down, can legally order law-abiding people to be disarmed. I cant see any need to go to peoples home to do such.The Founding Fathers meant for us to defend ourselves, and our communities, from all enemies, foreign and domesttic.

The Federalist Papers were written to explain the Founding Father's reasoning for writing the documents the way they did. They should be required reading in high school, along with marksmanship training, gun safety and first aid. [Again cant argue with that either.They should be reminded that when they turn 18 they are a part of the state militia and may be called upon to serve.

In the case of NOLA, even the police looted, robbed and assaulted people. We should be able to defend ourselves from such people.cant argue with that.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can respect that Torakan has an opinion without supporting it. My interpretation of the Bill of Rights is that NOBODY, from the President down, can legally order law-abiding people to be disarmed. I cant see any need to go to peoples home to do such.The Founding Fathers meant for us to defend ourselves, and our communities, from all enemies, foreign and domesttic.

The Federalist Papers were written to explain the Founding Father's reasoning for writing the documents the way they did. They should be required reading in high school, along with marksmanship training, gun safety and first aid. [Again cant argue with that either.They should be reminded that when they turn 18 they are a part of the state militia and may be called upon to serve.

In the case of NOLA, even the police looted, robbed and assaulted people. We should be able to defend ourselves from such people.cant argue with that.

Then it's agreed.  We can all finally now get along!

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top