Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
it must be a "revocable living trust"
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#2]
FLRICH, thats what I used a "revocable living trust".
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#3]
As a note...  I spoke with Sheriff Gee's Attorney (Hillsborough) last week about my C&R permit.  As a side topic I asked her if/when the Sheriff was going to make good on his campaign promises to support gun owners and sign Class-3 requests.

She said she would take the question to him and let me know the answer.

I will post here if/when I ever get one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
My FFL told me he heard that the COP in Cape Coral would sign for residents.....of which I will soon no longer be be.

jj
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thinking of getting a supressor for my AR.

Anyone know how Broward is?

I have a14.5" Bushie with perm Izzy. I think it will be a bit long even at 14.5" and a supressor. I wonder what a good length would be. I guess I will need 2 stamps. SBR and Supressor. Would having a 16" + supressor be stupid? I can avoid $200, but that not really a big issue/

I think I will IM SteyrAug once I decide if I wan to do this.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Is steyrAug a class III dealer?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FLRICH, thats what I used a "revocable living trust".

"revocable living trust it is....thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Because somebody asked, approved Form 1's filed by corporations are now taking only around 60 days to return stamped.  Who knows, maybe that'll keep getting shorter as they work their way through whatever backlog the DC workers handed over to the new people in WV.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have a14.5" Bushie with perm Izzy. I think it will be a bit long even at 14.5" and a supressor. I wonder what a good length would be. I guess I will need 2 stamps. SBR and Supressor. Would having a 16" + supressor be stupid? I can avoid $200, but that not really a big issue/

16" would not be stubid it would be just long. I have a 24" barrel I will have a suppressor for that one  day. IF I was going the SBR way I would go down to 11.5"
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Boyz,Boyz,Boyz,
                           I may be swimming upstream on this but....

You may have a collection of firearms and will be spending good, hard-earned money on a class III Can or subgun.

Don't jeopardize your collection, your investments and your freedom by relying on Keyboard Lawyers for legal information.

Even if it's coming from well-intentioned, well-educated sources, consider getting LOCAL legal advice about all the subtle details from a real, live LOCAL lawyer.

The $$$ shouldn't be too bad, and the legal advice and follow-up from the rlationship is well worth the investment.
Hate to say it, but they have to eat too. Guess wrong on Class III matters and the consequences can be very, very bad come range time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone got the skinny on the easy way to do this?

Local PD? is it possible? I may be able to get the police chief to sign or does it have to be the Sherrif?
Start an LLC?
Living trust? i that really valid?
anything else?

I want to SBR my AR and silence it. I am wondering what the fastest method is.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Anyone got the skinny on the easy way to do this?

Local PD? is it possible? I may be able to get the police chief to sign or does it have to be the Sherrif?

Local PD is ok.  It's chief LEO.  People go to the sheriff when:

1) they live outside city limits
2) the Chief says "NO".  (like running to dad when mom says 'no cookies'.)

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#13]
TAG
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Getting the sheriff to sign off on class III items should not be much of a problem. He does sign off. I live in Broward county but choose to create a Trust anyhow. I want the flexibilty to transfer class III items no matter which county/city i live in. My transfers have taken 2 months on average for supressors and auto sears and almost 3 months for sbr's. Either way. only the best firearms in Pompano can take care of you with reference to the transfers and recommended the attorney i initially used for the trust. good luck.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Can someone explain this living trust thing to me? Do we still need the floor-mounted safe, or will just a regular gun safe do?

I dont quite understand how the trust keeps you from needing the Head LEO signature.

BTW I heard Ken Jeanne was a PITA in broward, heard he is very anti 2A.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#17]
The LEO signature is only on the fingerprint/photo card, he only signs off on your prints. A corporation or a living revocable trust is it's own entity, you can't fingerprint or photograph a corp or a trust so you do not need a signature.

The state of FL allows NFA arms and there are no local or state statutes that I know of that require special permission. Since the state is OK with it, and a trust or corp does not have fingerprints then the Chief LEO is not needed. He does not approve a request of any kind, he just approves of your prints.

Never heard of the floor mounted safe thing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#18]
so all I would need is a revocable living trust and I can get a SBR or can? Thats awesome.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top