Link Posted: 12/20/2004 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2 AND A HALF MILES??

Quoted:

Quoted:
How far is this range from charlotte ?

About two and a half miles depending on how fast you drive.  It's about 5 miles off of exit 154 on I-85.

[homersimpon] DOH!!! [homersimpson]  I guess I should have said hours...  

Damn, I was hoping it was 2.5 miles, then I'd be able to go.  haha
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there if you'll have me.

Have we considered collecting a donation to DPRC for use of the range?

Link Posted: 12/21/2004 4:03:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I think Wolfie ment 2.5 minutes depending how fast you drive, but you are going to have to break the speed limit....a little.h.gif
-JR
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Man I am really thinking about coming if it would be ok with everyone.
But I just checked and it's about 165 miles from where I live in Shelby.Close to 3 hours drive. to the place you guys were talking about meeting.
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to go.  I have two AR's that I've had for a good 4-6 months that I haven't even been able to shoot yet.  Transportation is just a no go for me.  Wrecked my ride 2 years back.  Lame.
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 2:35:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Wheelow, where in NC are you? I get around, as do alot of us.

Quoted:
I'd like to go.  I have two AR's that I've had for a good 4-6 months that I haven't even been able to shoot yet.  Transportation is just a no go for me.  Wrecked my ride 2 years back.  Lame.

Link Posted: 12/22/2004 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Do we need to "officially" sign up for this?  I wasn't sure who was taking a head count, but I'd like to tag along.  I have a new AR that I put together (my first actually) that I have yet to shoot.  I am almost ashamed to admit how long it has been in the gun safe unfired...
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 6:11:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Do we need to "officially" sign up for this?  I wasn't sure who was taking a head count, but I'd like to tag along.  I have a new AR that I put together (my first actually) that I have yet to shoot.  I am almost ashamed to admit how long it has been in the gun safe unfired...

I edited the original post of this thread to add a headcount list with member's names.
So far 17 have expressed interest.

If the hosting DRPC members thinks we need to cap the headcount, then let me know what the limit is, then it'll probably be first come first serve.  So far I haven't heard of a headcount cap.  Also if you said you're interested and it turns out you can't make it, let me know and I'll remove you from the headcount list.

Carbine_Man said the Mace Sports parking lot is small.  So I propose making it optional to meet at DRPC at 10:00 and if people want to meet at Mace Sports, maybe do so at 9:30-10:00 or so and have a convoy from Mace to DRPC.
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I can meet right at DPRC since the Mace lot is small.  Count me in!  Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Sigurd down in Jacksonville has also  expressed interest.

Unless any other DPRC members show up I guess we will run shooters in groups of 6. Everyone else can hang out and swap lies.

-JR
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wheelow, where in NC are you? I get around, as do alot of us.

Quoted:

I'm in Charlotte.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Updated with exact mileage

Guys,

I am unable to attend after all.  I have a blasted business trip to attend and my wonderful employer won't let us leave until Saturday afternoon!

Driving directions:
  • Whether driving from east or west, take I-40 exit 154, Mebane Oaks Road.
  • If coming from Greensboro, take a RIGHT at the top of the ramp; if coming from Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, take a LEFT at the top of the ramp.  You should be heading south, away from Mebane center.
  • Travel 4 1/2 miles on Mebane Oaks.  Watch for Jim Minor Road.
  • Turn RIGHT on Jim Minor Road.
  • Travel 1.5 miles.  Watch carefully for a small DPRC sign high on a galvanized pipe post, on the LEFT.  There will be no other marks, so you need to watch carefully.  The drive is plain dirt/gravel, and the gate is 50 feet or so back from the road.  The entrance is on a curve to the left, and there are a lot of bushes, etc. around the drive, so you've got to really watch for it.
  • The gate is padlocked, so you need to make arrangements to get in.
Hope this helps.

C_M (bummed)
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in.

Samuel
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry I have been out of pocket for a bit been sick this week cancer is a bitch anyway i am still in if the date is right my son is trying out for the ncrpa junior team next month so I have to do that and i have one gun show and the shot show so i guess i am saying Feb is a better month for me .
Red
X Ring Precision ifles
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#16]
How long is the outing?  I'm a member of DPRC so I could help with the headcount, but I can probably only do a couple of hours max if that would help.
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How long is the outing? .

Until the ammo runs out?
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How long is the outing? .

Until the ammo runs out?

Heh, except I can't convince the wife and kids to give me an open-ended outing like that
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I am going to do my best to attend I will let you all know by wed of the 5th for sure and list what weapons I will bring.
Red
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Hope you can make it and if you're taking votes on what to bring, that 6.8 gets my vote

Quoted:
I am going to do my best to attend I will let you all know by wed of the 5th for sure and list what weapons I will bring.
Red

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#21]
This is now a week away

Should we have a weather contingency plan?  If it rains/snows/sleets etc we should have a go/no-go decision.  I suggest posting a GO-NO GO decision late Friday night on this thread.

Also in case some non-DRPC members get lost and show up late and the gate is closed, maybe a DRPC member could have their cell phone with them for them to call?  Do cell phones work out there?  I could IM all the attendees with my cell phone number later this week.

Seems like there'll be two groups, one at the DRPC and another meeting at Mace's.  Will a DRPC member be at Maces to lead the convoy?  Or maybe have a DRPC just hang at the gate at DRPC from 10:00-10:15 or something.  

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Wolfie and I are planning on working out the details early this week. I will e-mail everyone details when we get them hammered out.
-JR
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Please email me for I'm interested in going!
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
How long is the outing?  I'm a member of DPRC so I could help with the headcount, but I can probably only do a couple of hours max if that would help.

If you could make it that would be great!  We will likely have more folks than we are allowed to host.  So in order to keep it legal with the club I think we'll just have to limit this to no more than two shooters per member on the firing line at a time.  I doubt anyone would get all bent out of shape over that.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#25]
How much ammo ya'll bringing.
I guess I'll be carrying in the neighborhood of 200-300rds each of...
12gauge
I have some 9mm+p+,I'll trade at the range for some .45's or .223's.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 3:02:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Is it too late to get in on this? Sounds like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 4:52:43 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll know for certain by tonight, but I think I can do a few hours.  I'll confirm via email to JR.

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you could make it that would be great!  We will likely have more folks than we are allowed to host.  So in order to keep it legal with the club I think we'll just have to limit this to no more than two shooters per member on the firing line at a time.  I doubt anyone would get all bent out of shape over that.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#28]
I won't be able to make it Saturday. I need to work

Samuel
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:09:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Boo!  Hiss!  Sorry to hear that.

Quoted:

Samuel

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:26:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Is it too late to get in on this? Sounds like a lot of fun.

You can take Samuel's place
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:28:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Boo!  Hiss!  Sorry to hear that.

Quoted:

Samuel

Me too.   There'll be other range outings, maybe not as big as this one.  I'll be going to SSI at least once a month if not more and will be glad to host some ARFCOM'rs
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Awesome!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Awesome!!

whaccha bringing?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm bringing my Bushy, XD-9 and Glock 17. It's all I got right now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#35]
hey i'm new at this,would i be able to come!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I definately want xring to bring that 6.8. i'll start hounding him.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a 6.8 model 1 sales upper on a colt lower never fired,were can i get ammo?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 5:49:54 AM EDT
[#38]
I think the 6.8 FAQ still shows it as reloaded yourself.  Scarce magazines and no factory ammo still has me sitting on the fence.

Quoted:
I have a 6.8 model 1 sales upper on a colt lower never fired,were can i get ammo?

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#39]
I hope to make it I can still do the range officer stuff if I am able to come and yes I will bring the 6.8 SPC. Oh and I have the ammo.

Red
919-414-3247
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#40]
OK Ladies. I believe I have e-mailed everyone the plan. Slacker ..Your e-mail bounced. If I missed anyone , drop me a line through the board.
-JR

Edited:Me No Spell Goodly
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd be willing to buy a couple of rounds off of you to try out.  I'm curious about the perceived recoil.

Nothing against you being a RO, but I think that duty falls to the DPRC members, hence the rules of how many people on the line, etc.  It's appreciated though

Quoted:
I hope to make it I can still do the range officer stuff if I am able to come and yes I will bring the 6.8 SPC. Oh and I have the ammo.

Red
919-414-3247

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#42]
I didn't see a response to this question (I think).

DPRC rules are no full autos except in semi-auto mode.  Basically, no rapid fire of any sort as a courtesy to the people surrounding the area (and to limit complaints).  Were you planning on bringing something to make me drool over?

Quoted:
What can not shoot full autos.

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#43]
u352, you have mail! I sent two, because the screen kept coming back up before I realized it had been sent.  

Is it too late for a newbie to tag along?  Can someone give me directions?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#44]
u352, you have mail!

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Both replied too.
-JR
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
This is now a week away

Also in case some non-DRPC members get lost and show up late and the gate is closed, maybe a DRPC member could have their cell phone with them for them to call?  Do cell phones work out there?  I could IM all the attendees with my cell phone number later this week.

I IM'd my cell number to everyone I think.  I'll try to make Mace's if not I'll be at the DRPC gate.
Weather for Raleigh which is close is 62/45 maybe some drizzle for Saturday.  Should be ok weatherwise.

Oh yeah, can someone bring a CAR 15 stock nut wrench?  I need to fix my sporter lightweight with loose stock nut.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#48]
How late will everyone be staying?  Is anyone planning lunch/dinner afterward?  I'm always hungry after shooting, and it's a good time to talk with other ARFCOMers without ear pro on.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Samuel

Sorry to hear that Samuel. See you next time.

M-Forgery
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
How late will everyone be staying?  Is anyone planning lunch/dinner afterward?  I'm always hungry after shooting, and it's a good time to talk with other ARFCOMers without ear pro on.  

What, huh, Say again
-JR
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top