BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
mirror: ever heard of Meltzer's ??     They've lightened my wallet on more than one
occasion

Sry for the ultra late reply. Yeah that place is pretty cool. I went in there for the first time to see if hey had a Leatherman I wanted to get my dad for X-mas. I spoke to an older guy, and he seemed very stern and not willing to converse much about anything. I didn't expect to be greeted with snacks and beer but it seemed as if I was making this guy go out of his way to answer a few questions.

I recently checked out Ramsey Outdoor, and talked to a guy who was pretty knowledgeable. They have a good selection of firearms and had a few black rifles for sale.

Quoted:

If anyone wants to come on down and shoot on a Sunday, just IM me.

I will take you up on your offer, just need to get cash for ammo and range fees/dues. I'm hoping to be able to shoot a few times a month.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Mirror, no range fees as you will be my guest. Just about any Sunday is fine with me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking of plinking, whats the law on using an airgun in your yard? I live in a suburb, but my yard (as well as my neigbors) are pretty big (200+ft long) and behind my yard is a rarely-used sports field (with a ravine and graveyard behind it).
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Until then, it's only an extra 20min to the range in PA.

What range in PA?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Until then, it's only an extra 20min to the range in PA.

What range in PA?

Sunset Hill.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Speaking of plinking, whats the law on using an airgun in your yard? I live in a suburb, but my yard (as well as my neigbors) are pretty big (200+ft long) and behind my yard is a rarely-used sports field (with a ravine and graveyard behind it).

Check with your town they may have a ordinance on discharging firearms.  Remember in NJ an airgun is a firearem.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mirror, no range fees as you will be my guest. Just about any Sunday is fine with me.

Cool, hopefully with in the next few weeks I can make a trip down.

Quoted:
Check with your town they may have a ordinance on discharging firearms. Remember in NJ an airgun is a firearem.

Definitely check your local regs for this type of activity. Know the laws, before you have to 'prove' your innocence.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
As per the comment the RO made about Double Taps and rapid firing  --- I have no hidden agenda. To be quite honest, I really like Cherry Ridge for its layout, location, facilities.  IMO it offers a first rate club for a very good membership rate.... That being said, I will put the words of THIS Range Officer to the test.  Problem is, the words of one RO doesn't include the standards that another RO may go by --- THATS the problem with Cherry Ridge.  

I've seen different standards applied by different RO's.  My Double tap's are clearly countable, and within the realm of good marksmanshinp for this technique.  But I was absolutely yelled at.  I consider myself a gentileman in my conduct with all who work there,  and respect their rules. I am also in Law Enforcement, that is to say I take proper handling of weapons seriously, and that also reflects in my use of the trigger.

This maybe the last year for me over there if I feel that certain RO's are indeed heavy handed in their criticisms.  I will hold the RO accountable IF it ever happens again.  As in I will take my target to the highest ranking RO and demand what criteria is being used to define reckless when all my rounds find ther mark AND you can clearly count the shots taken.  I hope this will not happen.  

J223...

I just wanted to update since I posted the above paragraphs.  Today I spent the entire day blasting away at Cherry Ridge.  I am happy to report that I had ZERO instances of RO's complaining to me that my double taps and "controlled" rapid firing (rapid, as in faster than the bench rest shooters.) were reckless in any way.  I was by far shooting the quickest at times, and I even shot in a standing position for all to see.  I hope this will be typical of future trips to CR, I enjoyed the day.

J223...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Great to hear, hopefully this indicates new policy at CR.

I was able to get out on Sunday for a Sunset Hill session of punishin' the pins at 30yds w/ the 11.5" barrelled upper w/ 5.5" fake flash hider.  360+ rds of mixed XM193, IMI, and Wolf with zero defects.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As per the comment the RO made about Double Taps and rapid firing  --- I have no hidden agenda. To be quite honest, I really like Cherry Ridge for its layout, location, facilities.  IMO it offers a first rate club for a very good membership rate.... That being said, I will put the words of THIS Range Officer to the test.  Problem is, the words of one RO doesn't include the standards that another RO may go by --- THATS the problem with Cherry Ridge.  

I've seen different standards applied by different RO's.  My Double tap's are clearly countable, and within the realm of good marksmanshinp for this technique.  But I was absolutely yelled at.  I consider myself a gentileman in my conduct with all who work there,  and respect their rules. I am also in Law Enforcement, that is to say I take proper handling of weapons seriously, and that also reflects in my use of the trigger.

This maybe the last year for me over there if I feel that certain RO's are indeed heavy handed in their criticisms.  I will hold the RO accountable IF it ever happens again.  As in I will take my target to the highest ranking RO and demand what criteria is being used to define reckless when all my rounds find ther mark AND you can clearly count the shots taken.  I hope this will not happen.  

J223...

I just wanted to update since I posted the above paragraphs.  Today I spent the entire day blasting away at Cherry Ridge.  I am happy to report that I had ZERO instances of RO's complaining to me that my double taps and "controlled" rapid firing (rapid, as in faster than the bench rest shooters.) were reckless in any way.  I was by far shooting the quickest at times, and I even shot in a standing position for all to see.  I hope this will be typical of future trips to CR, I enjoyed the day.

J223...

I've never, ever had a problem with any shooting I wished to do there.

Then again, I've never given the ROs a reason to ever doubt any aspect of my gun handling, and I think they are pretty bad about making a first impression and not updating it. My gun cases are set up so that I always know the muzzle is pointed downrange before I open the case, and when I open the case, the RO's beloved yellow flags are already in the chambers.

Demonstrating over the top attention to detail seems to make them very happy.

A single missed yellow flag, unremoved mag during a cold range, etc. will put them on edge and they will watch everything that person does for the rest of the day with suspicion.

Not saying anyone here has made a mistake at all, but I've watched them treat people very differently based on one little thing, such as a loaded mag sitting on the bench near a gun during cold range.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J223...

J223...

I've never, ever had a problem with any shooting I wished to do there.

Then again, I've never given the ROs a reason to ever doubt any aspect of my gun handling, and I think they are pretty bad about making a first impression and not updating it. My gun cases are set up so that I always know the muzzle is pointed downrange before I open the case, and when I open the case, the RO's beloved yellow flags are already in the chambers.

Demonstrating over the top attention to detail seems to make them very happy.

A single missed yellow flag, unremoved mag during a cold range, etc. will put them on edge and they will watch everything that person does for the rest of the day with suspicion.

Not saying anyone here has made a mistake at all, but I've watched them treat people very differently based on one little thing, such as a loaded mag sitting on the bench near a gun during cold range.

Did you really mean to say a “loaded mag near a gun”?
I’ve been a member of CR for a long time and so long as there is no ammo in the gun and the chamber is flagged you’re good to go.
On the subject of rapid fire the problem as said by others is a complete lack of consistent enforcement of the rules by the ROs. Shoot today and no problem do the same tomorrow and get reamed for rapid fire.
Has anyone ever asked how you are suppose to practice for the various fast fire gun matches that are sanctioned and held at CR? If you can't practice how the hell do you compete in a CR sponsored match???

Rich V
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#12]
No magazines in any rifle during a ceasefire, IIRC.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top