Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't say dealer and I don't need to buy any mags.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:51:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I got there at 7:45 ish and we were about 120th in line. Show was crazy. I'm glad i went to be a part of the action as I think this will be the last good gun show with AR's available.  Went right to a good table and was lucky to pick up and Armalite AR10 with NM 2 stage for $2200. Armalite Mags cost me like $70 with tax but hey what can you do. This or the MR762 was on my list and I'm thankful I got one of the last guns on my list at a decent price.  Same guy had a 6920 SOCOM for $1700. He was the only one with lowers and I am sure he sold out. His table was empty in 20 min.  Not sure what next weekend will look like but Id bet its not even worth going. Glock 17-17 mags were $40 and I got a few as well. I bet you can go there today and sell a stripped lower for $500-1k.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I got there at 7:45 ish and we were about 120th in line. Show was crazy. I'm glad i went to be a part of the action as I think this will be the last good gun show with AR's available.  Went right to a good table and was lucky to pick up and Armalite AR10 with NM 2 stage for $2200. Armalite Mags cost me like $70 with tax but hey what can you do. This or the MR762 was on my list and I'm thankful I got one of the last guns on my list at a decent price.  Same guy had a 6920 SOCOM for $1700. He was the only one with lowers and I am sure he sold out. His table was empty in 20 min.  Not sure what next weekend will look like but Id bet its not even worth going. Glock 17-17 mags were $40 and I got a few as well. I bet you can go there today and sell a stripped lower for $500-1k.

Was that an AR10T?  That was a dream gun ifs be the past couple of years.  I was pissed at $1700, my bad, should have got one when I could
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes Sir. Last I saw them a few months ago they were like $1800 from a few places online. I was expecting to pay upwards of $3k for one if I could even find it. the trigger is sooooo nice.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The manufacturers are still building and shipping guns, there will be more next week. They will keep building rifles and mags right up until any new laws ( if any ) go into affect.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The manufacturers are still building and shipping guns, there will be more next week. They will keep building rifles and mags right up until any new laws ( if any ) go into affect.

Thats the key. All this panic and there isn't even a bill on the table. Whats it gonna be like if they do make up a bill that has mag cap. limits or something wierd. I get stocking up but damn this isn't new to anyone .......... is it?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Once a bill is on the floor, with the momentum as it is now, something will get banned.  After that all bets are off.

I know people who have more than adequate supply for several lifetimes, panic buying.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Remember, any bill has to get out of committee before it gets to the floor. Unlikely, unless all Repubs go spineless.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe people were paying the prices they were for the AR's and stuff. Academy gets new stock in at least once a week, they are still selling them at regular pre-panic prices.

I am a bit disappointed in the dealers at the gunshow saying, "well, this AR is going for $2500 on gunbroker.com"... seriously? that is how you price your inventory? by looking at gunbroker.com...   how about you set a price based on either MSRP or below but where you can still make your profit. But I can't blame you entirely, there are dumbasses out there buying from you, so.... I guess someone was happy to pay that price.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#10]
There will be a nice glut, again, after the production catches up with the kneejerk panic insanity. Folks will be dumping a lot of the extra stuff they didn't really need, yet again.

Harry Reid is already backtracking. These little lessons in preparedness are useful, from time to time. The more of everything that is out in the market & in the hands of consumers who will likely sell some/most of it at some point in the secondary market, the better.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Pelosis' new proposed language is pretty scary. It has an awful long way to go before it is the law of the land ! She has to find someone on the House side willing to introduce it into committee. If it gets that far it would still have to get out of committee for a floor vote. Not likely to happen with the new House makeup.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top