Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
target rich environment
View Quote

If the looters only knew how much money was held within the IRS office

Cool helo over downtown right now: https://www.flightradar24.com/N4035S/24a4b59e
Must be construction going on.  Or maybe sling load of commies.

Daily list:  (bike rally is at 11AM, not PM)
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]

In the last one apparently a brick delivery was rejected by the police.

Clearly this is being escalated and targeted by certain people.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]
We saw some a U-Haul around creeping around town square last night. Might have been just loaded up with merchandise from a store (a few removed everything from the shelves) or not...either way, we tailed them very obviously for a while until they left, lol. I've got no problem making people feel uncomfortable and welcome here.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
There's not going to be any looting or rioting in Southlake whatsoever. None.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In the last one apparently a brick delivery was rejected by the police.

Clearly this is being escalated and targeted by certain people.
View Quote

It's time these thugs get their asses handed to them in a big way.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#6]

In the interest of accurate information the bricks were actually being removed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In the interest of accurate information the bricks were actually being removed.
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification.  So they were already there for construction related purposes and didn't just appear in the last few days?

ETA: Nevermind, in the tweet...
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Dallas curfew is lifted.  Looks like the thing at KWP is busy.

Another DPS snooper fixed-wing: N215TX https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n215tx
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting observations about the Southlake protest. It was mostly dumbass SJW kids and their parents, but I saw several black people in cars with out of state tags. Ended when it was supposed to and a few of the trouble makers tried to start marching down 1709.

The cops were just following them. It looked pathetic a couple of protesters with a couple of cops following them- even when they were on the sidewalk. I'm pretty sure it made them uncomfortable enough that they gave up pretty quickly. The largest group of people trying to block the street with their little march was maybe 10- pretty clearly non Southlake residents Saw several of them flipping off drivers who were annoyed by the traffic.

Lots of very anti white and deliberately provocative signs carried by both black and white folks (my favorite was the "your daughter loves me why don't you?" carried by a young black kid...I doubt that would win many hearts and minds) The Twitter SJWs said it was a huge protest well over 1000. The only estimate I saw from the PD was around 400. Pretty much an epic fail for as much as they tried to build it up. I live very close and couldn't hear them. I can hear the crowd and the bands at football games and that's about 3 times as far from me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Good to hear things just got stupid, and not retarded.

Clearly their tactics only work when there is little to no warning.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Today's list.  I sleep in too much to be a good protestor apparently.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#12]
More for the week.  Anna!  Every suburban and exurban high school has to have a protest so everyone can brag in the fall. "Yeah, I was totes in the middle of fighting the pigs!"

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Interesting observations about the Southlake protest. It was mostly dumbass SJW kids and their parents, but I saw several black people in cars with out of state tags. Ended when it was supposed to and a few of the trouble makers tried to start marching down 1709.

The cops were just following them. It looked pathetic a couple of protesters with a couple of cops following them- even when they were on the sidewalk. I'm pretty sure it made them uncomfortable enough that they gave up pretty quickly. The largest group of people trying to block the street with their little march was maybe 10- pretty clearly non Southlake residents Saw several of them flipping off drivers who were annoyed by the traffic.

Lots of very anti white and deliberately provocative signs carried by both black and white folks (my favorite was the "your daughter loves me why don't you?" carried by a young black kid...I doubt that would win many hearts and minds) The Twitter SJWs said it was a huge protest well over 1000. The only estimate I saw from the PD was around 400. Pretty much an epic fail for as much as they tried to build it up. I live very close and couldn't hear them. I can hear the crowd and the bands at football games and that's about 3 times as far from me.
View Quote

Thanks for this rundown. Good to hear all around. Antifa needs to reconsider it's agenda for the conservative suburbs, otherwise they'll going to get their asses handed to them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#14]
This may be the big one for next weekend.  Trying to expand Juneteenth to two weekends too.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
More for the week.  Anna!  Every suburban and exurban high school has to have a protest so everyone can brag in the fall. "Yeah, I was totes in the middle of fighting the pigs!"

https://i.redd.it/uefertmski351.jpg
View Quote

They appear to have given up on Arlington, lol
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This may be the big one for next weekend.  Trying to expand Juneteenth to two weekends too.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13081/613-1_jpg-1451177.JPG
View Quote

I'm a little nauseous to see those two lumped together, especially considering how little BLM gave a damn about Breonna at the time compared to the violent junkie.  Yes, yes, even junkies don't deserve to be killed needlessly (needlelessly?) but it is disheartening how 'pure' our figures have to be to receive any mention while the left scrapes ever deeper into the bilge for it's martyrs.  Perhaps I'm jaded, but it seems BLM identifies more with a stoned, wife-beating felon.

No mention of Atatiana Jefferson, especially considering that happened /here/?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#19]

I'm betting that it will have a very small turnout if Saturday was any indication....I can't even muster up the "give-a-damn" to go and laugh at them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Some live video from today:
https://www.twitch.tv/kingbearstudios
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was this supposed to be from today?

mm
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

mm
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

mm

Should have left the curfew in place...these protesters didn't have the balls to do it when they could be arrested. Lol
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They appear to have given up on Arlington, lol
View Quote
Arlington was arresting people wholesale. An officer told me the were bringing then in on a bus to Tarrent county jail.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Should have left the curfew in place...these protesters didn't have the balls to do it when they could be arrested. Lol
View Quote

I was at City Hall until after 6:00 pm.  There wasn't anyone in the plaza or on the road when I left.

mm
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Are they actually working at city hall? Trying to get anything done with the city during the last 2 months has been a cluster. Most people are “working from home” which seems to mean I’ll get back to you when I feel like it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone know of any protests in San Antonio today or this evening?
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/128807/70C7278F-4274-4361-86E4-7B25E0E27FB1-1453992.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/128807/70C7278F-4274-4361-86E4-7B25E0E27FB1-1453992.jpg

Appreciate it. I’ll keep an eye on this as the day goes on. Wanted to go downtown this evening.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was at City Hall until after 6:00 pm.  There wasn't anyone in the plaza or on the road when I left.
mm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
mm

Well they painted the BLM slogan on the plaza overnight.

Quoted:
Are they actually working at city hall? Trying to get anything done with the city during the last 2 months has been a cluster. Most people are “working from home” which seems to mean I’ll get back to you when I feel like it.

It's been hit or miss.  The departments I've been working with are on something of a rotation, they will be up in the office 2-3 days a week.  I haven't seen much difference in WFH, really, they have been picking up the phone easier when called.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not in regards to the specific place you mentioned, but every single entity that I've had to deal with that has had people working from home has been faster than ever to pick up the phone.  I suppose supervision can be lacking everywhere, but, in general, this working from home thing seems to be an improvement.

Oh, I guess digitization matters, too.  Whether or not records have been switched over to electronic instead of paper would play an enormous role in whether they're helpful.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I just had to cancel and reissue bunch checks that were never "received". Also had a misplaced signed contract, so I had to send over copies that we had. Starting to make me wonder if Barnum and Bailey really went out of business.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's the new list for downtown Dallas.  I've highlighted the one I think might be a real mess.

(NEW) Dallas City Hall – Not My Son – The Solution: The Rally Part Three
Tuesday, June 9
4:00pm – 8:00pm
1500 Marilla St.

(NEW) Dallas City Hall – Protest
Tuesday, June 9
6:00pm
1500 Marilla St.

Dallas City Hall – White Coats for Black Lives
Wednesday, June 10
5:30pm – 6:30pm
1500 Marilla St.

(NEW) Dallas City Hall – Prayer Meeting – Pastor Larry Thompson of Connect Unity Fellowship Church
Wednesday, June 10
6:00pm – 7:00pm
1500 Marilla St.

(NEW) Dallas City Hall – Protest
Thursday, June 11
10:30am – 1:30pm
1500 Marilla St.

(NEW) Dallas City Hall – We are One: Rallying for Justice and Sustainable Change
Friday, June 12
3:00pm – 4:00pm
1500 Marilla St.

(NEW) Reverchon Park – Standing Up for Black Lives – George Floyd & Breonna Taylor
Saturday, June 13
1:00pm
3505 Maple Ave.

(NEW) Confederate War Memorial – Dallas Day of Action to Stop Police Crimes
Saturday, June 13
4:30pm – 7:30pm
1201 Marilla St.

(NEW) People and Police United for Change March
Sunday, June 14
2:00pm – 4:00pm
Klyde Warren Park to Dallas City Hall

(NEW) JFK Memorial – Mothers and Fathers Against Police Brutality
Thursday, June 21
8:00am – 10:00am
646 Main Street
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#33]
LOL Highland Park
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's been hit or miss.  The departments I've been working with are on something of a rotation, they will be up in the office 2-3 days a week.  I haven't seen much difference in WFH, really, they have been picking up the phone easier when called.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
mm

Quoted:

I saw that they had painted the plaza.  The security guard said they came about 1 hour after I had left for the evening.  

Water does a lot of the person to person things....contracts, permits, and other payments for the rest of the City.  The phone thing is from 2 reasons...first is that we can commit a lot more people to the phones since walk-ins and person to person appointments are down to a couple dozen a day (from many dozens) and we're expecting them, second is the volume of calls routed to us by 311 has had a significant decrease.  We've had "work from home" for different parts of the department for at least a decade, the employee has specified performance requirements (time with customer, number of customers based on volume, and daily performance goals).  Now that we've experienced large scale WFH, we're taking a serious look to see where we can save money if we continue: supporting infrastructure, worker's comp claims, leasing office space, absenteeism, etc...

mm

Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Trump in town will be the big deal today.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#39]
I think there is a protest in Whitesettlement on friday.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think there is a protest in Whitesettlement on friday.
View Quote

"Get out, this is /our/ town, not yours!  Read the sign, you got no right bein' here!"

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"Get out, this is /our/ town, not yours!  Read the sign, you got no right bein' here!"

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Report from the Trump visit:
https://old.reddit.com/r/DallasProtests/comments/h12dpe/todays_gateway_church_protest/

Anyone have a report from Riverchon?
Other interesting graphics:

"Umbrella Collective"

Let's differentiate senseless violence from regular
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Saturday and Sunday lists, plus posters for the bigger events: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBVjADEH2KP/?igshid=1ln2sf51wou21

Frisco 2PM Saturday car protest: https://www.facebook.com/events/s/black-lives-matter-accessible-/723021691599701/
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Saturday
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Considering that we are nearing 100 degree temperatures now, you'd think they would decide to start researching actual statistics from the comfort of their air conditioned homes and decide that there really isn't a police brutality problem....seems a hell of a lot better than marching around sweating....just sayin'.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Videos from today, including protestor entry into Target.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Apparently there are still pro- and anti- people out at the Confederate Monument at Pioneer Park in Downtown Dallas.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#49]
No protest listing yet this morning, I will post when available.

Advertisers are getting into the act.  I got a card today from a fence company, with the headline "Fortify and Beautify Your Home".
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Had to go up to McKinney this weekend, we went around downtown going up. Coming back down, I had a trailer and a load, and decidedd to chance taking 75. We were checking google maps and waze trying to make sure traffic wasn't backed up due to anything. What a pain in the ass. Last thing I'd want is to be trapped in a car with a trailer and cargo and have my kids in the car.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top