Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m planning to attend in Carson. Anyother Northies going to make it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m planning to attend in Carson. Anyother Northies going to make it?
View Quote
Debating between earning money to pay bills or go defend my rights.  
Pissed that I have to make that choice.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Debating between earning money to pay bills or go defend my rights.  
Pissed that I have to make that choice.
View Quote
I understand, it’s such bullshit. I’m really pissed they’re trying to shove this through. Hell there isn’t even a bill or draft of anything to review.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#4]
From the NRA alert, "On Tuesday, February 12th, at 8:00AM a special joint judiciary hearing will be held to discuss a gun proposal".
Special joint hearing equals an attempt to "Fast Track" this secretive bill before we have time to get organized to oppose it.
Hoping we are ALREADY organized even if the only "real" organization we have is NVFAC.

I'm hoping all the members here who related attempts by the twits petitioning for "Universal background checks" will repeat their experiences of being essentially mugged for signatures in parking lots and at polling stations!
Weather permitting I intend to be at this "Hearing" and will try to bring up some of the illegal activity that occurred in Douglas county.
If they get away with "Suspending the rules" to ram-rod this through THIS early in the session they will also get away with doing the same for every one of their other pet projects!
The results would be catastrophic for this state and everyone in it, even the fools pushing the legislation, with the likely exception of the legislators themselves.
Suspend the rules is common, but MUST be delayed as long as possible!

I want one of "Our" legislators to demand a show of hands to expose how many in attendance will be bussed in from other states.
Then I want them ordered OUT!
This is supposed to be the NEVADA legislature, not Kali, NY, NJ, WA, or other.
Folk from other states have NO business attempting to impose their agenda on us, which is also exactly what the BC bill was about to begin with!
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 2:16:49 AM EDT
[#5]
It is normally against the rules to contact legislators outside your own district, but IS acceptable to address your concerns to committee members when YOUR rep is not a member of the committee.
Contact email for all legislators is available on the Lexis site.
Links below for your convenience.

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Legislator/A/Assembly/80th2019
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Legislator/A/Senate/80th2019

Judicial comittee names and phone numbers,

Senate Judiciary Committee
Chair: Nicole Cannizzaro (D-6), (775) 684-1475
Vice Chair: Dallas Harris (D-11), (775) 684-6502
James Ohrenschall (D-21), (775) 684-6503
Marilyn Dondero Loop (D-8), (775) 684-1445
Melanie Scheible (D-9), (775) 684-1421
Scott Hammond (R-18), (775) 684-1442
Ira Hansen (R-14), (775) 684-1480
Keith Pickard (R-20), (775) 684-1481

Assembly Judiciary Committee
Chair: Steve Yeager (D-9), (775) 684-8549
Vice Chair: Lesley Cohen (D-29), (775) 684-8855
Shea Backus (D-37), (775) 684-8505
Skip Daly (D-31), (775) 684-8563
Ozzie Fumo (D-21), (775) 684-8839
Brittney Miller (D-5), (775) 684-8833
Rochelle Nguyen (D-10), (775) 684-8541
Sarah Peters (D-24), (775) 684-8559
Selena Torres (D-3), (775) 684-8599
Howard Watts (D-15), (775) 684-8835
Chris Edwards (R-19), (775) 684-8857
Alexis Hansen (R-32), (775) 684-8851
Lisa Krasner (R-26),  (775) 684-8848
Tom Roberts (R-13), (775) 684-8853
Jill Tolles (R-25), (775) 684-8837

Just sent the following to each of my Reps and to an R Judiciary committee member in each house.
Based off my prior post above.

The honorable XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Tuesday, February 12th, at 8:00AM a special joint judiciary hearing will be held to discuss "a gun proposal".
Special joint hearing equals an attempt to "Fast Track" this secretive bill before we Nevada citizens have time to get organized to oppose it.

The "Universal background checks" petition circulation effort I expect this to be related to was rife with fraud and other illegal activity.
Several Douglas County central committee members related their experiences of being essentially mugged for signatures at the Fish Springs fire station primary election polling station!
They were blocked from entering the fire station by circulators, who told them that they "Had to" sign the petition before they could enter to vote.
I did not see this for myself as I had already early voted.
If I had I would have performed a citizens arrest on the spot for election interference.
I know there was a report made and a Sheriff's office response, but no charges were levied as they should have been.
I did attempt to get copies of the report from the sheriff's office and county offices but was stone-walled by both.
Perhaps as an elected official You can get that report?
I heard of similar incidents taking place at several locations in Clark County, one victim was an off-duty officer who had to show his badge to get the "circulators" to move aside and allow his family to reach their car.
I may be able to contact him if it would help.

I want one of "Our" legislators in each house to demand a show of hands to expose how many in attendance will be bussed in from other states.
Then I want the interlopers ordered OUT!
This is supposed to be the NEVADA legislature, not Kali, NY, NJ, WA, or other.
Folk from other states have NO business attempting to impose their agenda on us, which is also exactly what the UBC bill was about to begin with!

As I recall it is also too early for the legislature to revisit and revise that legislation per the Nevada constitution.
So I want that point made ASAP, and to hear "I move for no further consideration" and enforcement of our state constitution at the first opportunity.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Background check act

Here is the bill as introduced today.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Background check act

View Quote
I just read it. I really like how Constitutionally they may not amend or repeal the voter initiative until after  Nov. 2019 so they will just makbe the changes and it goes into effect Jan 2020. That’s some shady work on the part of the Dems. It sure looks like they are amending it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just read it. I really like how Constitutionally they may not amend or repeal the voter initiative until after  Nov. 2019 so they will just makbe the changes and it goes into effect Jan 2020. That’s some shady work on the part of the Dems. It sure looks like they are amending it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Background check act

No fee or background exemptions for CCW holders - Only the usual LE in the course of duty crap.

NICS checks or the phone call to the Nevada Department of Publc Safety or to Metro ?  Long guns , pistolas, receivers ?

How is this enforceable without registration (not the 4473 - even though that is registration IMHO) - we just got rid of the stupid blue cards a few years ago.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#9]
1) Without registration this will create a new class of firearm in Nevada, the "pre-2020" model. There will be no way to prove ownership of any firearm manufactured before the date of enacting this bill. Pre-2020 firearms can be freely bought and sold as long both parties winkwink agree to it.

2) If firearms are bought as sold as if they came from the FFLs own inventory, then the FFL MUST charge sales tax on... what? The MSRP? The agreed upon price (a lot of $1 firearms will be bought/sold privately)?

3) I assume that CCW permit holders will be processed as normal, meaning no fees and no actual check conducted? If not, is the CCW exemption going away?
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I intend to ask the D's. "Do you REALLY want to set a precedent of ignoring the Nevada Constitution regards limits on amending initiatives just because you think you have the votes to get away with it, are you SURE?"
"No party remains in power indefinately, the precedent you set NOW may come back to haunt you in the future".

And do they really want to hand the R's the gift of beiong able to cite this move at the next election?
This ploy reminds me of Blow Job Clinton and his "Depends on the meaning of 'Is'!"
It's a slimy tactic and deserves all the derision we can muster.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#11]
GUN RIGHTS ALERT from the NEVADA FIREARMS COALITION

YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED!

Hearing Scheduled - SB143

Joint Judiciary Committee Meeting

Tuesday, February 12th

Starts at 8:00 A.M.

CLICK HERE TO CONTACT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
http://engage.nvfac.org/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=496594

(We have updated the letter, so even if you have already contacted the committee, you can do so again now that we have bill text)

POST YOUR OPINION ON-LINE AT:
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/80th2019/

If you're planning to attend the hearing, we are expecting a full house, so arrive early to save your seat! Be sure to sign in as opposed to this bill on the sheet at the back of the room whether or not you wish to (or are not able to) speak.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
GUN RIGHTS ALERT from the NEVADA FIREARMS COALITION

YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED!

Hearing Scheduled - SB143

Joint Judiciary Committee Meeting

Tuesday, February 12th

Starts at 8:00 A.M.

CLICK HERE TO CONTACT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
http://engage.nvfac.org/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=496594

(We have updated the letter, so even if you have already contacted the committee, you can do so again now that we have bill text)

POST YOUR OPINION ON-LINE AT:
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/80th2019/

If you're planning to attend the hearing, we are expecting a full house, so arrive early to save your seat! Be sure to sign in as opposed to this bill on the sheet at the back of the room whether or not you wish to (or are not able to) speak.
View Quote
How early. I was planning 0730 or so
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:53:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Typically when the crowd is VERY large they will open another room at the legislature.
But it is best to be in the main room, particularly if you plan to speak.
Probably will not open it before 7:30.
Good to be there early so that the room is not stacked with anti's who I suspect might be given early seating.
LV and Elko should have remote access and time to speak as well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:30:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I know some LV attendees (including the NRA-ILA rep) plan to be there around 7a.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 2:56:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Grrrrr, I should be in bed already!

Waded through this $#!*%$ bill, probably too quickly.

Here are some of my notes/thoughts.

Page 3, item 4. "Loophole" is a pejorative term with no real relation to reality, it is abused to manipulate emotion, not to state fact.

5. I question the assertion that "Most" Nevadans live within 10 miles of an FFL.
At best this is misleading, and another example of LV rules, so all of us must live under LV rules!

7. An outright lie.
It only reflects the wishes of am egocentric billionaire who used his vast wealth to foist this on Nevada citizens with the help of paid out of state help.
Despite his wealth the initiative only passed in a single county, and even that by a miniscule margin.

Page 4, item 7. And just who decides what a "reasonable fee" is?
In neighboring states the "reasonable fee" typically exceeds $150.00
My local dealer currently charges $35.00, when the NICS check was mandated we the people of Nevada were promised the fee would only be $15.00

Sec. 6, No equality under the law, LE exemptions.

Sections 2 - 7 are CLEARLY amendments which are prohibited at this time by the Nevada constitution.
Even the bill summary acknowledges this, "The Background Check Act is not subject to legislative amendment or repeal until after November 22, 2019. (Nev. Const. Art. 19, § 2)"
The blatant chicanery of this bill as it attempts to skirt our state constitution is morally reprehensible.
I feel it is on par with the rapist who claims innocence as he wore a condom and so claims he technically "Never touched her"!

The "Fiscal Note" is very misleading.
If this bill is enacted DPS will of course have to add several additional staff members to handle the increased load.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 3:25:35 AM EDT
[#16]
One more thought.

The best way I can see to resist this if it is passed is to boycott ANY dealer who is willing to do the priveate party background checks.
Unenforcable and inarguably an infringment of our RKBA if there are no dealers available to do the NICS.
The NV legislature does not have the power to compel FFL dealers to do these NICS checks, that would be involuntary servitude!
Also outs the "Most Nevadans live within ten miles of an FFL" claim as the lie I'm fairly certain it already is if LV is left out of the calculation.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I’m here at Grant Sawyer. I’ll be checking my PMs every 10 mins or so, let me know if you’re here.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Here as well. Bald guy with glasses and a beard.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Good luck guys. I am curious if they will read my comments into the record.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I’m the younger guy up front in a black coat, blue shirt and glasses.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#21]
So far, seems like the progun turnout is a fair bit greater than the antigun.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#22]
The comments on Nelis shows about 90% against, now to see if they follow the law or not.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Live feed for SB-143

SB-143
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Live feed for SB-143

SB-143
View Quote
I watched two minutes of "our" elected AG (his words) prostitute himself at the altar of Bloomberg and had to turn it off. This is going to be railroaded right through, opposition be damned.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#25]
This hearing is nothing more than a show to make people think they actually have a voice. The votes are there, they know it. This is just the beginning, they're going to ram through every bill they want.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Glad I got my comments in before the break. Thank you to anyone who stopped me afterwards with kind words.

I really encourage anyone who can wait, to stay and speak up. We need everyone’s voice on this!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Glad I got my comments in before the break. Thank you to anyone who stopped me afterwards with kind words.

I really encourage anyone who can wait, to stay and speak up. We need everyone’s voice on this!!
View Quote
Which one were you Rig? I spoke after last lunch. Sadly, I still think it’s going to pass but I felt good to speak up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Which one were you Rig? I spoke after last lunch. Sadly, I still think it’s going to pass but I felt good to speak up.
View Quote
I was actually the third opposition speaker to talk.  Got there early, sat close to the front.  Once I had the chance to speak, I took the chance to head to the bathroom and the Associated Press reporter was chasing me down the hall to get an interview - I declined.  Later, I also declined channels 2 and 8.  I don't trust the press.  Unfortunately, the RGJ quoted a portion of my comments to the committee for their article already:

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/12/nevada-lawmakers-open-hearing-plan-expand-gun-background-checks/2847178002/

At least they got the quotes fairly accurate.  I did not however, use the word "weapon" when bringing up campus carry.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I was actually the third opposition speaker to talk.  Got there early, sat close to the front.  Once I had the chance to speak, I took the chance to head to the bathroom and the Associated Press reporter was chasing me down the hall to get an interview - I declined.  Later, I also declined channels 2 and 8.  I don't trust the press.  Unfortunately, the RGJ quoted a portion of my comments to the committee for their article already:

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/12/nevada-lawmakers-open-hearing-plan-expand-gun-background-checks/2847178002/

At least they got the quotes fairly accurate.  I did not however, use the word "weapon" when bringing up campus carry.
View Quote
Now I recall. Loved the reduce DUI by make it harder for sober people to get cars.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#30]
And.....it was passed out of the Judicary along Party lines.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#31]
This is only the tip. Democratic Assemblywoman Sandra Jauregu stated she plans to introduce a bill banning bump stocks (already illegal) and a comprehensive assault weapon ban. With this legislature you can read that as a AR15 and semi auto ban. I have been writing ALL legislatures since their email addresses became available.
The Only ones to reply to me have been: Ira Hanson, Robin Titus and James Settelmeyer.
I also see a magazine ban and red flag laws in our future. I cannot attend hearings due to work,but I sure as hell can call and write letters.
we all need to fight this or Nevada is lost forever.

Larry Karlberg
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This hearing is nothing more than a show to make people think they actually have a voice. The votes are there, they know it. This is just the beginning, they're going to ram through every bill they want.
View Quote
The entire thing is a show. Doesn’t matter they’re just taking a sample of the bull and editing every part of it. They need common sense laws passed based on one vote. They don’t need to hassle with putting it to another vote because it might not pass and they can’t have that. Pass the laws and they’ll never go away.

Thanks to everyone who showed up. I ran through there around lunch and it looked like a ghost town.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Got my bit in about 3:30, had to rush it and probably looked spastic.

We outnumbered the Bloom-turd folk about 8 - 1 but the rail-road-it-through committee did not care.

I intend to organize my notes for another of my rants.
Also researching a few words before using them.

Only passed senate committee today, assembly tomorrow at 8:00 am.
I cannot return but do encourage anyone who can to do so, if only to prevent them claiming we did not really care as no one was there the second day.

This is not the end of it as the whole legislature has to vote on it before it can go to Sissy.
They are trying to cram it through in time to celebrate one of the past massacres, on Thursday.

NOW is the time to contact your own reps, no matter what party they may be, tie up the phone lines, jam the FAX machine, crash the email servers!
Also not too late to submit comments on-line which will become a permanent record of opposition.

Legal challenges are being explored.
Some that were already submitted but delayed may come back to life as soon as Sissy illegally signs the bill into an alleged "Law"!

Legislators count on constituents having short memories.
The seditionist supporting this crap need to be remembered and we have to work to oust them at the next election.
Any R voting in favor of this needs to be primearied or recalled, whichever has the best chance of succeeding.

This legislative stunt is clearly unconstitutional under NRS, so illegal.
The pretext they are relying on is pretty transparent and should be easily challenged in court, the question at the moment is mostly which court to file in.
And yes, that means we will be paying lawyers.

On a happier note I got to meet several old soldiers of these battles and a few new recruits as well.
Going to work on networking more.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:11:45 AM EDT
[#34]
OK, I double checked the meaning of "Conspiracy".
Have to be careful using that word as it has been overused and applied too loosely in the past so lost impact.

According to https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conspiracy

conspiracy noun
con·?spir·?a·?cy | \ k?n-'spir-?-se  
plural conspiracies
Definition of conspiracy
1 : the act of conspiring together
They were accused of conspiracy to commit murder.
2a : an agreement among conspirators
uncovered a conspiracy against the government
b : a group of conspirators
a conspiracy made up of disgruntled aristocrats

"CONSPIRACY" implies a secret agreement among several people usually involving treason or great treachery.

So it is very obvious that yes, todays S.B. 143 "Hearing" and the manner in which the bill was manipulated to prevent amendment while also avoiding compliance with Nev. Const. Art. 19, § 2 DOES in fact meet the classic definition of a Conspiracy.
Other definitions I have read in the past required that there be three or more conspirators, that definition also applies.
And today was certainly "Great treachery"!
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Scheduled for a vote today in full Senate according to the Review Journal!
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Sadly, SB 143 will pass today with little opposition. More importantly, the laws they will pass after SB 143 will infringe on our gun rights even more...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Is there an organization set up that is set to fight the upcoming onslaught? Who/Where/? do we join and send money to, and please don't say NRA.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sadly, SB 143 will pass today with little opposition. More importantly, the laws they will pass after SB 143 will infringe on our gun rights even more...
View Quote
Gun registration won’t be hard to pass since you’re already doing a background and they have the serial number. Bye bye CCW exemption to purchase without a background check because you still file the paperwork. It’s been fun and I expect ads to reflect the urgency to purchase a firearm private party before laws change. We don’t have enough power in the elected officials to fight this even though every shooting they refer to for passage wouldn’t have been prevented. ‘It’s time for common sense gun control’ and not common sense traffic control when a kid could run over people in the parking lot just a few miles from where these officials meet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#39]
NVFAC is pretty much all we have as an RKBA organization.
There is also Stillwater?

NVFAC and our own reps/action are what we have to depend on.
NVFAC are still somewhat NRA but they are OUR local NRA and so should be more accessible for participation and guidance.
I was very happy with the number of us who turned out yesterday, we outnumber the Bloomey scum about 8 - 1.
The hearing required THREE overflow rooms before they interrupted the hearing about 11:50!
Yes, the "Fix" is in on this one and no mere facts will be allowed to change a bill that is fueled by emotion, lies, and out of state money.

I did meet up with some folk who want to help, networking is needed.
There were people from the R party there taking notes as well.
Some genuinely want to preserve our RKBA, some are interested in harvesting sound bites and video to ensure the D's behind this to lose their next election.
The D's and the Bloomberg shill are obliging them!
The shill actually instructed one of the committee members on how to do a straw man transaction, you can review the video!

From here the battle moves to stopping the next attack.
My question to my reps is now how do we do that?
The next attack cannot be a surprise and there should certainly be a means to prevent this conspiracy tactic being used again this session!

And, unlike the D anti's who are ignoring the state constitution to do this, we get a legitimate chance to repeal this garbage in 2021.
But only if we turn the tables and get an R majority again.
Repeals are hard, but not impossible.
And by that time there will be proof of how little this does to prevent crime and how badly it affects law abiding NV citizens.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I got an email about this from Nevada GOP today, they are asking for money too but I don't know enough about them or that they will even use the money to help defend our 2nd Amendment rights.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I got an email about this from Nevada GOP today, they are asking for money too but I don't know enough about them or that they will even use the money to help defend our 2nd Amendment rights.
View Quote
I can get into that later today.
I will find the CORRECT way to make an EFFECTIVE donation!
I emailed a trustworthy NVGOP officer, waiting for an answer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#43]
sb143 passed
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
sb143 passed
View Quote
Of course, democrats are gonna democrat no matter what.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Between the gun grabbing and the Raiders coming, it's time to leave this state that I no longer recognize.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
sb143 passed
View Quote
Totally not surprised. We’ll be lucky if that’s the only shenanigans those rats pass this session. I’ve said it before and I will say it again. Nevada is changing and not for the better. The dems won’t be happy till we are East LA.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#47]
It will get signed Thursday. As one elected official said it’s a dog and pony show. Governor will sign it thursday and mark the anniversary of a school shooting of a guy who stole guns and a guard who was too scared to do his job by signing it. Florida just armed that school with rifles.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Totally not surprised. We'll be lucky if that's the only shenanigans those rats pass this session. I've said it before and I will say it again. Nevada is changing and not for the better. The dems won't be happy till we are East LA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sb143 passed
Totally not surprised. We'll be lucky if that's the only shenanigans those rats pass this session. I've said it before and I will say it again. Nevada is changing and not for the better. The dems won't be happy till we are East LA.
Brace yourself for the huge influx of Californians who file their taxes this year and realize they can't write off most of their super high state taxes due to the new tax law passed by this administration. They will look to move to more tax friendly states, only to arrive and try to make the laws mirror the state they just left, never connecting the dots of why they left in the first place.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Between the gun grabbing and the Raiders coming, it's time to leave this state that I no longer recognize.
View Quote
And go WHERE?
Folk I know in AZ are trying to come HERE!
CA is screwing up ALL states, even TX is not immune.
I've called CA a CAncer on this nation for years, no one seemed to believe me.

Our only likely path to recovery is to either attract 500,000 more politically active pro-RKBA folk to this state, or get 500,000 folk already here to become very politically active and voteing.
Either we begin winning elections or learn to polish our slave collars.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Brace yourself for the huge influx of Californians who file their taxes this year and realize they can't write off most of their super high state taxes due to the new tax law passed by this administration. They will look to move to more tax friendly states, only to arrive and try to make the laws mirror the state they just left, never connecting the dots of why they left in the first place.  
View Quote
I’ve got myself a place in Parker Arizona. Once I’m done working I’m going there as fast as I can. Hopefully it won’t get californicated like Nevada.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top