Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dropped a big doe today with the .450BM. I was very pleased with performance, especially sonce I hit her in the shoulder.

Anyone else drop one yet?
View Quote
congrats!  But pics or it didn't happen  How long of a shot?  Were you able to recover the bullet?

I've been stuck at work and unable to go.  I'm calling sick tomorrow and going out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
congrats!  But pics or it didn't happen  How long of a shot?  Were you able to recover the bullet?

I've been stuck at work and unable to go.  I'm calling sick tomorrow and going out.
View Quote
Ha!

I was not able to recover a bullet. I shot her twice. First shot hit her shoulder and she ran about 25-30 yards and dropped. I could see she was suffering so I shot her again (which she just laid over and never moved again). First shot was 50-60 yards. Second was about 30.

Shot from my treestand.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
We'll see if there is a bullet in there when we cut her up. She's hanging right now.

I had a decent sized exit wound as well from at least one of the shots.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I killed 2 does last week in WV , 16 " factory 450 bushmaster upper.
1st one was 130 yards,  entrance was tight behind the shoulder
Exit was 2"  behind shoulder she made it about 60 Yards down hill  easy blood trail .

#2 was was 320 yards  hit in the spine , she was dead by the time I got over to her , no exit .. found the bullet after I skinned
Her . Ammo was Hornady Black 250 Ftx  recovered bullet weighs
217.9  grains.  I'm digging the .450 bushmaster

I'll try to get a picture of the recovered bullet if I can from my phone.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I killed 2 does last week in WV , 16 " factory 450 bushmaster upper.
1st one was 130 yards,  entrance was tight behind the shoulder
Exit was 2"  behind shoulder she made it about 60 Yards down hill  easy blood trail .

#2 was was 320 yards  hit in the spine , she was dead by the time I got over to her , no exit .. found the bullet after I skinned
Her . Ammo was Hornady Black 250 Ftx  recovered bullet weighs
217.9  grains.  I'm digging the .450 bushmaster

I'll try to get a picture of the recovered bullet if I can from my phone.
View Quote
Nice!!

Yes, we'd love to see the recovered bullet. I too am using the Hornady 250gr Black ammo.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a doe I took at 176 yards outside of Upper Sandusky. Using .450 Bushmaster with a 20 inch barrel.  Was shooting the Hornady Black rounds.  She was the biggest of three.  I'm happy with it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here's a doe I took at 176 yards outside of Upper Sandusky. Using .450 Bushmaster with a 20 inch barrel.  Was shooting the Hornady Black rounds.  She was the biggest of three.  I'm happy with it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47512/deer_with_gun_2-379342.JPG
View Quote
Very nice!!  Did she drop right there?

Upper Sandusky is not too far from me. I'm northeast of Tiffin by about 10 miles.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Very nice!!  Did she drop right there?

Upper Sandusky is not too far from me. I'm northeast of Tiffin by about 10 miles.
View Quote
Where at?  I grew up in Fostoria (be nice), and went to college at Tiffin University.

Anyway,  she turn around and ran maybe 20 yards before falling over.  The round went straight thru her liver, so I suppose that helped.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where at?  I grew up in Fostoria (be nice), and went to college at Tiffin University.

Anyway,  she turn around and ran maybe 20 yards before falling over.  The round went straight thru her liver, so I suppose that helped.
View Quote
Good ole Fotown. Haha, I won't hold that against you.

Used to live in Fremont. Now we are south Clyde and Green Springs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone gearing up with the .450BM this weekend? I took today and Monday off. We got about 5-6" of snow on Wednesday, which is a blessing in my eyes. I setup a new feeder in the woods last Saturday. I hope they found it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm excited to be heading back out tomorrow with the 450BM. Hoping the kids get to take a shot at a deer tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be in the stand dark and early with my new build.  Just a 16" factory Bushy upper but I was amazed at how well it shot last weekend.  I put a Vortex SparcAR on it (hopefully it will last a while) and put 3 rounds into one big hole with the Hornady 250 FTX ammo.  Looking to fill some tags tomorrow.   Good luck fella's!    (I shot a few with the Hybrid screwed onto the front of it also and it made me laugh.  Not hunting with it tomorrow though as there was a pretty significant shift in POI from unsupressed)
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I will be in the stand dark and early with my new build.  Just a 16" factory Bushy upper but I was amazed at how well it shot last weekend.  I put a Vortex SparcAR on it (hopefully it will last a while) and put 3 rounds into one big hole with the Hornady 250 FTX ammo.  Looking to fill some tags tomorrow.   Good luck fella's!    (I shot a few with the Hybrid screwed onto the front of it also and it made me laugh.  Not hunting with it tomorrow though as there was a pretty significant shift in POI from unsupressed)
View Quote
Good luck! I need to supress mine. My left ear is still ringing after taking my doe on Thursday of gun week. I bought some of those Impact Sport Electronic Muffs at Rural King today.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing so far.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top