BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You are a moron if you think anything but neglect caused that.

I guess I'm a moron then
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are a moron if you think anything but neglect caused that.

I guess I'm a moron then

Well I wasn't going to say it but......
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I expect the name calling to come to an end.

Oh hell

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Uh oh....... He's here everyone hide.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

doo doo head.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that barrel done? Or it needs a good cleaning?

God i hope that's not a pof LOL. Cause i own one. The barrel design does look like a pof.

FYI i do clean my piston almost every time i shot. I do check inside the hg area as well. So far nothing. I haven't taken off the hg yet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#8]
So, how are you guys doing maintenance on rifles with non-removable FF handguards?
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, how are you guys doing maintenance on rifles with non-removable FF handguards?

Well, I plan on having mine coated. It just makes it easier on me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:26:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Little brushes, lots of squirts out of the CLP bottle and some cussing.

Mark

I was afraid you were going to say that.  I have a DD M4v3.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I plan on having mine coated. It just makes it easier on me.

I was thinking a bit of really good paint would stop this pretty easily.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:33:05 AM EDT
[#14]
The HG is removable.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:59:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  Problem is the owner was never educated about removing the guards to perform maintenance in that area of the barrel.

I see the problem as being a poor design that not only vents gas inside the forend, but on top of another component as well. Everything else seems more like a symptom of that problem...that's just my opinion of course
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Six Flathead screws and 4 allen screws and that rail is off no problem. Less than 3 minutes.

Also, you have a DI gun there so it's not venting like a piston so you should be good.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Six Flathead screws and 4 allen screws and that rail is off no problem. Less than 3 minutes.

Also, you have a DI gun there so it's not venting like a piston so you should be good.

The v3 has the Omega X rail which is secured by the barrel nut.  The bottom rail is removeable, though.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess a quick redneck fix would be to wrap some aluminum foil around the barrel under the piston.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I guess a quick redneck fix would be to wrap some aluminum foil around the barrel under the piston.

Then what would we use as a hat?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#21]
double cross post.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

The v3 has the Omega X rail which is secured by the barrel nut.  The bottom rail is removeable, though.  

http://i51.tinypic.com/52dlx5.jpg

Yup. I've put on about a hundred of them. They use the LITE barrel nut. You'll remove the 6 flatheads that I mentioned before [I think middies have 6 screws] and then loosen the four screws that hold the rail to the LITE nut and then the entire rail comes off like a prom dress after a case of keystone lite.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Yup. I've put on about a hundred of them. They use the LITE barrel nut. You'll remove the 6 flatheads that I mentioned before [I think middies have 6 screws] and then loosen the four screws that hold the rail to the LITE nut and then the entire rail comes off like a prom dress after a case of keystone lite.

that would just make the girl wearing the prom  dress throw up because its so gross....go tequila. you get more bang for the buck, because an entire bottle can take off multiple dresses.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Actually, the rail isn't secured to the nut via screws.  It is held in place by the nut similar to the KAC URX.  If you want to remove the rail, you have to remove the nut.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Actually, the rail isn't secured to the nut via screws.  It is held in place by the nut similar to the KAC URX.  If you want to remove the rail, you have to remove the nut.

Actually yeah it is.

Behold, the Daniel Defense LITE Nut [used on all Omega X Rails]:

Then the top rail is placed on top of the LITE Nut:

Bottom rail placed in from the bottom and those flathead screws I was talking about are installed:

Note the allen screws that hold the rail against the LITE nut?

Link to Original Thread [yeah, I know it's a Omega X 12 FSP, but they all attach the same] :
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/530388__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Budget_Build_Adventure__Update_4_28_Build_is_FINISHED.html&page=2

I'm really not trying to get into an argument here. If you truly do not believe that your rail can be removed then that's your prerogative. I am just trying to stop the spread of bad info. I can strip the Omega X rail off any Daniel Defense V1, V2, V3, V4, or V5 in 3 minutes with an allen wrench and a flathead screwdriver.

On an honest basis it really doesn't matter anyway because you have a DI gun and it's not really going to require any kind of cleaning under the handguards.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like that clears up any questions
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Youre a friggin moron if you think that answered anything

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This made me laugh

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This made me laugh

+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Actually yeah it is.

Behold, the Daniel Defense LITE Nut [used on all Omega X Rails]:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q217/machinegun74/IMG_0048.jpg

Then the top rail is placed on top of the LITE Nut:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q217/machinegun74/IMG_0051-1.jpg

Bottom rail placed in from the bottom and those flathead screws I was talking about are installed:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q217/machinegun74/IMG_0052.jpg

Note the allen screws that hold the rail against the LITE nut?
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q217/machinegun74/IMG_0053.jpg

Link to Original Thread [yeah, I know it's a Omega X 12 FSP, but they all attach the same] :
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/530388__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Budget_Build_Adventure__Update_4_28_Build_is_FINISHED.html&page=2

I'm really not trying to get into an argument here. If you truly do not believe that your rail can be removed then that's your prerogative. I am just trying to stop the spread of bad info. I can strip the Omega X rail off any Daniel Defense V1, V2, V3, V4, or V5 in 3 minutes with an allen wrench and a flathead screwdriver.

On an honest basis it really doesn't matter anyway because you have a DI gun and it's not really going to require any kind of cleaning under the handguards.

My mistake.  I thought the Omega X was secured by the barrel nut similar to the back plate on the Lite rail.  I hadn't noticed those set screws before and I don't have my rifle with me at the moment.  I'm kind of disappointed in this arrangement as I'm not a big fan of set screws.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top