Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
kpel,
You coming or not dude

Seriously though, I got a couple of questions-

What's the fishing like there?

For all you guys bringing loaners out, is soft point ammo ok?  I ain't got no AR15 still, so I was gonna grab a couple of boxes from Wally.

Are there any stands out there for paper killin'?

Do we need to bring paper for, well, you know?

What's the weather gonna be like?

Are you gettin' tired of my questions?

Can you tell this is gonna be my first shoot?

Link Posted: 4/12/2003 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#2]
1:  Unless someone else gets killed, yes.
2:  Good.  Bring your license
3:  SP is probably OK, but ball is generally cheaper and better on the weapons.
4:  Yes.
5:  Definitely.
6:  Your guess is as good as mine, but if past experience is a clue, bring SCUBA gear...
7:  Not really.
8:  You don't say!  Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Gonna try and make it at least for the early part, but have Easter stuff later on in the day.  How early are some of you guys showing up.  Didn't want to be leaving the same time everyone else was showing up.  Also may have a line on some tannerite targets by then.  Local gun dealer is showing me how to make my own.
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I drew oncall for this week so I can't make it.
But I asked off for BF
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
So who all is showing???

You all better be there, because I spent a good part of tonight loading mags...
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Que hora es el shootout?

Link Posted: 4/15/2003 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Had to work and missed the Texas Shoot - go to Hometown - Texas to see pictures of those crazy dudes...

That said, I will definitely be at the Pat Day Shoot...

Pick up my AR15 this Thursday night...

ShakyJake, you can shoot my AR, just bring some extra ammo...

Link Posted: 4/15/2003 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
So what time do folks plan on showing up?

I've got an idea, since the gunshows in MO suck so bad (outside of KC) how about if folks have anything they might want to trade or sell, list what they got to offer here on this thread.  That way if someone is interested, they can reply and the seller and bring it with them.  Sort of a mini swap meet, but you don't have to haul all your 'junk' out with you unless someone expresses an interest.

Just a thought.  I don't have anything to trade or sell at this moment, but if something interesting came along to buy...
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Similarly, if someone is looking for a particular item, post it here, perhaps you'll get lucky and someone will have a spare.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I will be there for sure. Is everyone planning on BBQing as well? Wondering if I should bring along some grub.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a gas grill that wouldn't be hard for me to bring, so I'll plan on doing that. Just outside that parking lot I think they also have hibatchis, but I could be wrong. Better to be safe, so I'll bring mine.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to bring some grub for BBQ as well but we do need to try to get an approximate head count. I will have 3-5 people in my party.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#14]
As far as stuff for sale, I haven't posted about this but the old Porsche 944 threw a rod last Saturday, so I've been thinning the herd a bit already to pay for another car.  I have a "Traditions" replica model 1860 Colt black powder revolver that I'll part with for $125.  Got the original box and a nice case for it and everything.  For $200 I'll throw in everything needed to actually shoot the thing including balls, powder, two powder measures, wonder wads, cleaning kit, etc. etc.  Anyone seriously interested can shoot the pistol on Saturday to see if they like it.

Also, I need to part with my Romanian M44 Mosin-Nagant, which I posted about after I refinished the stock.  You won't find a nicer example anywhere.  I'm not sure what I should ask for it... the price is not how much effort I put into it, its what the market will bear.  Maybe someone will want to make an offer on it?  Of course we can shoot that too, it shoots straight provided the bayo is retracted.

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=7916

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=7915
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got an 18 inch Weber grill I'll bring.  The wife and I were planning on just getting any groceries after we got there.  I'm also bringing two coolers to throw drinks in.

kpel, cutter, and all others bringing loaners-
Winchester white box ok?

What else am I forgetting
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Shakey Jake--Winchester is fine, you can shoot my AR all day long if you bring enough, heehee.  I have plenty of 7.62 and half a case of 5.45, I'll be making some 45acp reloads and hopefully some .44 mag reloads if I get the time.

Bring something to keep you dry, the weathermonkeys are predicting thundershowers AGAIN.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Shit.

I think God is trying to tell me to get a new hobby...
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I am leaving St. Louis at about 0630.  As my young lady runs on "Filipino Time", that may be as late as 0800, which would be about the time I -SHOULD- be getting there.

I -DO NOT- have a loaner firearm, other than the .45ACP AR45 done by KKF, but DO have .223 ammo (about 1.75 SA ammo packs) and some .38SPL.  The .38 is my duty weapon, and is for training purposes only.  Budweiser and paper label San Miguel, and some meat are all that I am promising.

DAMN!  Am -I- the new Imbroglio?  "AR45 and a .38SPL!  THAT'S ALL!"
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I am doing my best to get off work, but since I am employed by The Honey Baked Ham Co., and Easter is on Sunday, it's an uphill battle. So count me as a possible.
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#21]
So Kpel have we decided on a day yet???
May 31st???

After Vermont died I sure want to shoot off a few rounds...
hell hundreds of rounds...

I'll bring some ribs, my new Bushmaster (Shaky as Duke said you can help me break it in)...

Above all else let's have LOTS of fun...

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok, I've been testing my new targets(homemade tannerites) and these things are the bomb, lol pardon the pun.  Man, I wish I had learned about these things earlier.  Do you all think it would be ok to bring and shoot these things at Finger Lakes, I've never been shooting there before(just four wheeling), but man I'd love to show these things off.  I can make them so cheap (Hell of a lot cheaper than $5 a target anyway) that everyone could probably shoot one off, (depending on the number of people of course)  Anyway, you guys that frequent the place might let me know well before the shoot so I can make a bunch of them up.  Maybe that could be my contribution for the day. Cutter you will definitely have fun with these things.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah...

I didn't get to shoot at it, but we had some at the Hun Farm shoot last October...

BOOM!!!

Lots-O-Fun...

Nascar I'll chip in for the fireworks...
IM me when you're putting these together. I'd like to watch if that's OK with you...

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Not a whole lot to it but you're welcome to watch.  I'll get in touch with you when I get ready to do them.  Probably some weekend night.  I'm a bit of a night owl and it might go late if you don't mind that too much.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:11:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I just got off the horn with Cutter75.  According to the rules of the range, fireworks are prohibited, so let's save the Tannerite for another time.  DARN IT!  (I happen to LIKE loud noises!)
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#26]
10-4  I have to say I'm more than just a little disappointed about the "fireworks rule" but I'll still see you guys there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Does the range allow targets other than paper(such as 2-liter bottles,etc.)?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Does the range allow targets other than paper(such as 2-liter bottles,etc.)?

YES...

(2) CONDITIONS

1) Done in safe manner for all... i.e. - coordinated with firing line RO...

2) Clean up mess after shoot is over, or when the firing line "Range is cold" command is given...

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#29]
So when is the next shoot???  And where

Gordon
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Are we shooting this Saturday, the 30th?  Haven't heard from anyone about this in awhile.  Please confirm.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Saturday is the 31st...

Yes...

Be there...

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok, Now i know when.... But no one mentioned Where.  Is it at the State Park, Fingers lake off Hwy 63??

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep.  I'm planning on being there at 0900.  I'm driving from St. Louis, but have to wait on people to meet me here.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Wow, I haven't checked this thread in a while.

So, there's a shoot this Saturday at finger lakes?

Cool, I'm back in Jeff City now.  

Hopefully my CMP M1 is here by then (4 weeks and waiting).

What time are we starting?  I have to hit the gym first (hey, I'm the fitness forum mod.)

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Starting 9am.  You'll have to hit the gym early!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#36]

let's see...9a.m. minus 30 minute drive, minus 30 minutes to shower and change, minus two hours for workout = 6.a.m. start time.   Ouch!  

Reminds me of basic training, early workouts, then shooting and stuff.  Of coarse we didn't get bratwursts and beer afterwords...

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I hope to be there by 10am or so...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top