BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Chris,

I have some Army zero target for M16A1.  The target is basically a scaled down version of the mansize silhouette target they used for practice at 250 meters.  The zero target I have is made for zeroing the M16A1 at 25 meters such that it obtains the same zero for 250 meters range.  So, in essence, if you can put it in the black on this target from 25 meters away, you have the skills to place the shots on a silhouette target from 250 meters away.

What we could do is to place this targets at 25 meters to simulate shooting out to 250 meters.  This way get to virtually extend our engagement range beyond 100 yards.  What do you think?

oz
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
that sounds good to me. I can embarrass myself at "simulated 250m" just as much as on the other targets...
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Hot-Lead,

as far as embarassing one-self, you can count me in.

Shooting at this reduced target from 25 yards from the bench or prone is not too bad.  Now, if you try to do it from an off-hand position .... it is a whole different ball game ..  I think this target will give a "humbling" experience for all of us.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I plan on "humbling" myself! Not a real good shot with the AR, but I figgered I'd get a few pointers up there to bring home and practice. The term "getting your ass handed to you" comes to mind...
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I am definitely shooting Saturday!

I would be happy to arrive early to help set up the first COF and anything else... timers table etc...

Who is showing up early and what time could I begin to be useful?

I can bring a card table and a few folding chairs for anyone to sit at while scoring, cueing up shooters etc.

I'll check back here for an update.

See you all Saturday!
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Pitsnipe,

Thanks, we could definitely use your help.  I'm still trying to finalize details, but I will get back to you soon.  I figure about 30min before the shoot should be enough, but I'll let you know.

A card table and chairs would also be nice, as long as you don't mind lugging around the extra stuff.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am definitely shooting Saturday!

I would be happy to arrive early to help set up the first COF and anything else... timers table etc...

Who is showing up early and what time could I begin to be useful?

I can bring a card table and a few folding chairs for anyone to sit at while scoring, cueing up shooters etc.

I'll check back here for an update.

See you all Saturday!

Pitsnipe
I'd like to get to the range early to "warm up"...
I was thinking around 8:30 am...
See you there...

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#8]
0830 it is!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay, guys. This is gonna be close. I had a small issue come up. IF I can get it taken care of on Friday, great! If not, I can't go.

Dammit! I knew everything was going too good...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I am not going to be able to make due to a family obligation.  Take pics and post a full report so those less fortunate can be even more jealous they are not there.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am not going to be able to make due to a family obligation.  Take pics and post a full report so those less fortunate can be even more jealous they are not there.

I won't  be there either.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:58:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Okay, guys. This is gonna be close. I had a small issue come up. IF I can get it taken care of on Friday, great! If not, I can't go.

Yeah! All taken care of! Will be there, baby!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#13]
OKAY.

I will be at the range at 9:30 to start setting up.  Will probably be at Shamusmcoi's house earlier than that to help him load up.

Any last minute questions?  Now's the time to ask!

Shooting starts at 10:00.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be at the range at 9:30 to help out.  Duke-Nukem will be there for a short time and then we will move his stuff to his new place 100 miles from here.  So it will be a short stay for me and Duke, but we will try to catch the early part of the match ....
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm planning on being there around 9:00 or 9:30 depending on how traffic is from KC.  

I'm bringing a digital camera along as well.

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, I'll definitely be there barring some strange cosmic disturbance  I'm gonna try and be there around 9, but that all depends on how late I get out of work tomorrow night.

So, I'll have the two coolers with me for everyone to throw beverages in and the grill.  I'll bring a few brats too.  Depending on how many actually show up, we (read: I'll send the wife )might have to do a road trip for food.

Chris:  I've got quite a few large sheets of cardboard I can bring also if you want- about 4' x 6' in size.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmmmm, if I am able to make it, will everyone promise not to laugh at my Hi-Point (with the BSA red-dot sight)?  My AR is currently without a barreled upper...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#18]
The Hi-Point ain't that bad. My nephew had one, with the factory supplied visible laser on it. Pretty accurate, more reliable than i'd have ever thought for $125!

I sure wouldn't want to have someone shooting at me with one...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#19]
WEATHER REPORT

It looks as if scattered t-storms are being forecast for all day tomorrow.

For the folks that live in that area, what are things looking like right now?  

I never trust the weather reports 100%...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#20]
MidMO Movie:  "The SCUBA Shoot, Part XVII!  Coming to a range not so near you!"
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#21]
No kidding...

No rain all week, and now this.  

I've got no problem shooting in the rain and mud.  However, heavy rain will be a problem on the targets and cardboard.  We'll keep a close eye on the weather and cross our fingers, but for now, we will all plan on shooting tomorrow...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#22]
As of noon today (Friday), we have medium to thick clouds over Columbia, but no rain yet, at least till the time I get back from lunch at 12:30.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#23]
well, looks like im out, broke the news to MouseGun87 elry today, seems like the boss has a thing about me having fun, so i hope it dont rain on you guys. Ronald
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I am in, going to try to get there by 10 if possible.
I have a few large cardboard boxes for obstacles. I plan on having my AR along with a couple of AK types for anyone who would like to try a few rounds with.
Does anyone have one of those pop-up shade things? A bit of shade is always nice.
I will also bring something to drink. I suppose beer is not aloud so it will be soda.
Anything else I can tote along? suggestions anyone?
BTW, anyone need any of that cheap BassPro .223 I can pick it up in the morning and deliver it to your (vehicle) door (at the range).
Anyway, see all of you tomorrow!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I am set for tomorrow except for one thing ...

I have an 8mm handycam, but the battery is shot.  So this is my plan:  I have a DC to AC converter that can plug into the car cigarette lighter.  I plan to run a 150 ft extension cord from the car to the firing line (I hope it is long enough).  Keep the car running when shooting the camera .... and ACTION ....

This way we can have a film documentation, unless I can come up with another battery or camera tonight ....

oz
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, weather has been looking good here. Rained for a few minutes, then sprinkled for a few minutes.

Everything is loaded up and ready to go.

See you guys there!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I had something that came up last minute. So I am not going to make it tomorrow.

Hope evertything goes well and it stays dry for everyone!

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#28]
oz

I've got a 100 footer I'll bring along just to make sure.  It's rated 10a 125V which I would imagine should be enough.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a camcorder I will be bringing too, I also have a 700watt inverter in the truck so we now have two sources of 120AC power. If I can remember I will also throw a box fan in the truck.
Now I have to type all this up and print it out so I won't forget tomorrow AM.
Damn, and I am still a bit tipsy... ;)
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Heading North at 4a.m.; according to The Weather Channel, and the Weather Map above, there is a huge storm cell I'll have to go right thru. If it gets real rough, I'm not gonna be there. I'll turn around.

But I'm gonna try!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Have fun guys!  I gotsa work :(
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:32:24 AM EDT
[#32]
I'll be en route with a Kiwi friend of mine in 20 minutes.  My Army buddy may pu$$y out, though.  Too much recreation and intoxication last night!

Poor fella started drinking iced tea instead of beer at 2000, and is STILL "squeamish"!

Insert evil Marine laugh here!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:59:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Shamusmcoi reports that the weather looks good.  I'm hitting the road in a few minutes.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:30:50 AM EDT
[#34]
7:35 AM, partly cloudy sky, no rain, sufficient light for outdoor activity ... found a battery for the camcorder ..... hopefully it was not the charger that was toasted.

Pressure is raising, 40% chance of precipitation, there is a large system down south whose northern-most front is about 50 miles away from Columbia.  Looks pretty big.  But with the pressure raising, I am hoping that the system will go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Sorry guys, I pussed-out. Heavy rain the whole time up until I got to Springfield, decided to stop and eat, turn around. Kind of concearned I wouldn't be able to get there on time (couldn't see lines on I-44-- 45mph). Having never been to Columbia, and only a general idea where the shoot was, I figured I'd wait 'till fairer weather.

Very angry I missed it. Hope lots of people showed, and you all cleaned the courses! PICS! PICS! PICS!

Time to go rent Class 3 in Oklahoma. That outta tide me over...
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Woohoo! first one back to post!!
The shoot was a hoot. First time I have ever shot a dynamic course, it was lots of fun. No rain but I did get a bit of a burn.
I would write more but I am trying to get the video into a mpg/avi or something to share online/on a cd.
back later...
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#37]
THANK YOU to everyone for coming out.  I had a blast, and was glad everyone was safe (except me!  OOPS!)  This is DEFINITELY something I'd like to keep on doing.

I have GOT to lose some more weight!  Trying to keep up with you guys was going to kill me.  Next time, I'm going to have to draft another timekeeper/RSO to let me recover between runs.

Duke:  1 hit per hostage target is sufficient.  Please refrain from emptying the magazine into the hostages.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#38]
The video capture ain't gonna work but I should have some stills ready in a short while. Can anyone host them? I can email them if anyone has the space.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#39]
GREAT TIME -

Learned a lot about the "mental concentration" required to avoid difficulties...
like any sport, it's not all simply physical exertion...

I shot a hostage too...

Thanks, GaryM for letting me run one course with the AK...
Damned if it isn't a spray and pray...
...just kidding...
It was fun...

Remember!!!
Everyone needs to email Sableco, and thank them...

Might not hurt to email CMMG and thank them for sponsorship also...
next shoot they will most likely provide some "door prize"...

Chris, as a reminder, don't forget we really should add a link to the websites of both of these companies...

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Ok, having a fiance who is a web designer can be quite helpful. For now a few of the pix are at http://simplesitespro.com/MoDCC/
Not very good I know but the only thing I can connect to the video camera is that obsolete laptop and it can not handle high quality transfers.
enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks!  Transferring photos to the MODCC thread in GD.  Let me know if there are any issues with bandwidth use, OK?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top