BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello the Camp!
I'm new to this group, but familiar with the Shooting Sports.  As a died-in-the-wool bolt/singleshot gunner I avoided AR-15s like the "plague", now here I am with my hat in my hand a happy owner of. . . some.  Never say never. Gonna try to paste a pic here, my first try. NOW FIRING FOR EFFECT:

http://www.missouri.edu/~osb1e/al/IMG03.jpg
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome aboard Howlin.  

Folks, Howlin is my mentor.  He infected me with Garanditis, and I returned the favor by infecting him with the "mousegun"-itis.  As in the case of the Garand, his "mouse" collection is growing rapidly .... "those stinkin' mousegun!" .... guess where I got my nickname ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My only question Mouse is can he out shoot you? somebody needs to give you a run for your money. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
rmdye, to answer your question, let me use an old sanskerta proverb "Tut Wuri Handayani" ... general translation : "A good teacher always supports his pupil from behind".  Howlin is pretty good at this: I received my NRA qualification in less than 1 year.

Howlin is a bolt gun expert.  He handles a mousegun like ... a mouse, because it kicks so little compared to what he used to shoot.  One thing I remember him saying ...

"If you drop the bullet on your toe, and it doesn't hurt ... then you know it is too small to shoot"

His main enemy in shooting is too much before a match.  Hehehe ...
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the boards, Howlin.  Let me know when your next reenactment is.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, welcome to the Missouri Board, Howlin...

Hope you can set aside the time to join us on Oct 4th at Rocky Forks...

We already had Duke_Nukem run a COF with a Garand, pretty funny stuff, maybe you can show him how to execute that maneuver like they did back in the War...

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome Howlin, hope to see you at the next shoot. Any friend of Mousegun is all right by me.
I was talking to Hkocker last night, even though he gave me no details the October shoot ought to be a blast!
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Folks,
Thanks for the kind welcome.  I enjoyed the last shoot at Fingerlakes.  Plan on attending the Octshutzenfest on the 4th.  

My WW2 unit will be part of a living history event in Mexico, Mo.  This weekend.  We'll have jeeps and a Weapons Carrier on site. We'll have camp set up as well.   All will be in late '44 ETO attire.  Stop by for some spam.
hasta,
howlin
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#9]
howlin, were will you guys be at in Mexico? Mouse was telling me about this, i think i want to stop buy and check it out. Ronald

edit: is it going be at graceland? like normal? didnt know the did ww2 stuff thought it was only cival war. sounds very cool though. hope to see you. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep, WW2 is a best kept secret.  Been going on for the last 30 years or so.  I've been doing it about 3 or so. Belong to two units one in Columbia (84th ID) and one in St. Louis <2>.

Below is a pic from this March at Ft. Gruber in Ok.  We are moving inland toward St. Lo.  AT-6 Texans are coming back from pounding the Kraut.  This was a "tactical event", no civilians permitted.  We also do public events like this coming weekend.  Have USO "hanger dances" and lots of different stuff.  
Parades. . school presentations

http://www.missouri.edu/~osb1e/al/14.jpg

hasta,
howlin
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#11]
This is our convoy this May.  "Herc" the weapons carrier from the rear (has a cute
behind don't you think) and then next, part of the convoy when we were
stopped by road that was flooded out.  I'm the T5 at the wheel of Herc.
We are discussing "Plan B" with our CO.  Our 100 mile convoy route, became
an 130 mile convoy.  WW2 vehicles were made for 19 year-old butts.

http://www.missouri.edu/~osb1e/al/DriversView.jpg

http://www.missouri.edu/~osb1e/al/FloodStop.jpg
hasta,
howlin

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top