Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The “other” is a legal truck gun, correct?

Loaded?

I understand the locked firearm in vehicle law, got that covered.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like authorization is taking a long thyme
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like authorization is taking a long thyme
View Quote
Double sided sword. Means people are buying up lowers like mad and they're proliferating.

But then the lines are congested.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#4]
So what size barrel are you guys going with on the .308 other builds ?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think noveske made a 12.5 at one time. Not sure if there are many sub 16 out there
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Aero has a 12.5 and I think a 14.5. POFs complete others are also 12.5.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pinned stock too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I want to make a 22lr out of one of the stripped lowers now being offered, am I correct in saying that I’m gtg as long as I don’t have a flash hider or threaded barrel (since the pistol grip counts as the one “evil” feature allowed now)?
Pinned stock too.
Forgot to mention that one.  Thanks for the catch.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I ordered a ballistic advantage 12.5 barrel for my Noveske build, but I already have a 16” sr25 so this is purely a fun build.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Over 3 hours of standing in lines at the gun store today
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard there was a 60 person line at 111
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would believe it,  the gun store had food and drinks but it was a long wait
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like the right time to have a hotdog cart setup outside in the parking lot !! Sales will fund the .308 other build
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#13]
If I were to buy- I will just wait. Its not like they wont be available  later!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If I were to buy- I will just wait. Its not like they wont be available  later!
View Quote
I’d just go on a weekday morning.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I’d just go on a weekday morning.
View Quote
Yup. I’ll be grabbing an aero M4E1 lower and the m5 and put it in my safe until I get an upper I want. If they decide to stop the sales and force registration, I’ll register, and make them into sbr rifles down the road.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup. I’ll be grabbing an aero M4E1 lower and the m5 and put it in my safe until I get an upper I want. If they decide to stop the sales and force registration, I’ll register, and make them into sbr rifles down the road.
View Quote
Don't comply. Registration leads to confiscation.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is the exact models I ordered at Elite, with the same future plans.  I may pick up two Anderson’s while I’m at it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I grabbed an aero m4e1 at greysons today
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
You do know that these are registered as soon as you take ownership.  Right?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ya.

Register register not just sails records
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have registered MGs, AWs registered in 94, and AWs registered in 2013 (along with a boat load of mags).  I also spent my entire adult life in uniform, with a Top Secret clearance.

I am long past being worried about being investigated, or being on anyone’s list.

If things go south, I have a couple of people in different free states who I can send the receivers too, and use the uppers on my other registered ARs.  I can also pick up some Dark Storm fixed mag lowers, and build any configuration rifle/pistol I want.  Yes I know they suck, but I have plenty of guns, and these are just range toys to me.

No matter what, these lowers don’t add up to a significant cash outlay, and I can manage whatever the final outcome is.

My personal opinion is, this buying frenzy will end up getting the Democrats to change the definitions in the laws, and shut the Other exemption down.  I just hope it doesn’t cause anymore damage (Prebans, mags).
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m talking AW...
I’m far from new with this bud.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Deleted
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’m talking AW...
View Quote
The time to register as aw has long gone.  Like. Really long gone.

Unless you have some new work around that no one knows about and would love to enlighten the rest of us?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have registered MGs, AWs registered in 94, and AWs registered in 2013 (along with a boat load of mags).  I also spent my entire adult life in uniform, with a Top Secret clearance.

I am long past being worried about being investigated, or being on anyone’s list.

If things go south, I have a couple of people in different free states who I can send the receivers too, and use the uppers on my other registered ARs.  I can also pick up some Dark Storm fixed mag lowers, and build any configuration rifle/pistol I want.  Yes I know they suck, but I have plenty of guns, and these are just range toys to me.

No matter what, these lowers don’t add up to a significant cash outlay, and I can manage whatever the final outcome is.

My personal opinion is, this buying frenzy will end up getting the Democrats to change the definitions in the laws, and shut the Other exemption down.  I just hope it doesn’t cause anymore damage (Prebans, mags).
View Quote
I’m not to sure what this is in reference to.  But. I’m all for it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Unless you have some new work around that no one knows about and would love to enlighten the rest of us?
View Quote
We are all looking into our crystal balls, and trying to predict what the future might hold.

Unlike the erroneous decision to allow the transfer of Banned-By-Name prebans, the Others have a much stronger legal argument.

So far, no AWB I am aware of required the surrender or confiscation of previously legal firearms.  Yes, registration paves the way for future action, but we are not quite there yet. It’s all about preventing gun owner from obtaining standing for legal action, until they think the time is right.

This all leads me to believe, that the Dems will attack Others by changing the laws so Others are now AWs.  That would likely require they open up a registration window. That is where the concept of registering Others comes into play.

Like I said, we are all guessing.  And my guess is that when they do close the door on Others, you will be able to register them.  If not, plan B
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We are all looking into our crystal balls, and trying to predict what the future might hold.

Unlike the erroneous decision to allow the transfer of Banned-By-Name prebans, the Others have a much stronger legal argument.

So far, no AWB I am aware of required the surrender or confiscation of previously legal firearms.  Yes, registration paves the way for future action, but we are not quite there yet. It’s all about preventing gun owner from obtaining standing for legal action, until they think the time is right.

This all leads me to believe, that the Dems will attack Others by changing the laws so Others are now AWs.  That would likely require they open up a registration window. That is where the concept of registering Others comes into play.

Like I said, we are all guessing.  And my guess is that when they do close the door on Others, you will be able to register them.  If not, plan B
View Quote
Ohhh.  I see. I get it now.  Sorry for the confusion.  Well. Let’s not hope for that outcome.  Guess in this state you never know what’s gonna be the outcome.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I’m not to sure what this is in reference to.  But. I’m all for it.
View Quote
I was simply responding to your comment, that appears to show your concern about registration, assuming you are worried about future actions by the Dems.

I am puzzled by what you are “all for” in my statement.  Not being argumentative, I just trying to understand the point you are making.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ohhh.  I see. I get it now.  Sorry for the confusion.  Well. Let’s not hope for that outcome.  Guess in this state you never know what’s gonna be the outcome.
View Quote
Oops!  We were posting at the same time!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was simply responding to your comment, that appears to show your concern about registration, assuming you are worried about future actions by the Dems.

I am puzzled by what you are “all for” in my statement.  Not being argumentative, I just trying to understand the point you are making.
View Quote
Just a misunderstanding.  I was thinking about past things and you were looking into the future.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Finally a day off. Going to some gun shops tomorrow. Anyone have any idea who still has some in stock?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Finally a day off. Going to some gun shops tomorrow. Anyone have any idea who still has some in stock?
View Quote
Try giving the gun store in waterbury a call tomorrow.... I know Tom's firearms in naugatuck posted on his Facebook he was sold out but stay tuned for this week coming up....
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Live it up boys- buy cheap and stack deep!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm pretty sure everyone has them on order. Not sure if they will get delivered in a Sunday though

I think greysons had 9mm spikes when I was there
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Waterbury has a lot in stock
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Okay you bastards are giving me a woody for a .308, but I don't know what to get.

1.  Inexpensive, but not trash.  Will probably never see more than 2,000 rounds.  Will only be a toy **IF** I ever build it.

2.  Not proprietary (Is Stag's proprietary?)

What should I get?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Okay you bastards are giving me a woody for a .308, but I don't know what to get.

1.  Inexpensive, but not trash.  Will probably never see more than 2,000 rounds.  Will only be a toy **IF** I ever build it.

What should I get?
View Quote
Aero I think has the most compatibility.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What should I get?
View Quote
A lot of the 308 platforms are proprietary from my research. The main thing is to get a matched lower/upper set. Then build off of that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What should I get?
View Quote
Aero is a DPMS pattern which will give you a lot of compatibility choices. Fairfield County will have a ton of them on Tues, my FDE one is in that batch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#40]
What uppers will fit sr25 lower?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Looks like Hoffman’s lowers came in. I may go by there tomorrow to pick up what I ordered.

Haven’t heard anything out of NGX. Are they in the game yet?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What uppers will fit sr25 lower?
View Quote
Sr25

It has the chamfer like armalite but uses dpms pattern barrel I  believe
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sr25

It has the chamfer like armalite but uses dpms pattern barrel I  believe
View Quote
I have an Aero barrel in the sr25 upper- always wanted another upper just to have. So Aero should work? I have heard that Lurue will work but I dont know for sure
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have an Aero barrel in the sr25 upper- always wanted another upper just to have. So Aero should work? I have heard that Lurue will work but I dont know for sure
View Quote
Have to look the receiver
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:46:22 AM EDT
[#45]
With all this lower madness going on why not buy some while in a freer state? Buy them where legal and then bring them home.

You can do this with long guns, why not lowers?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:48:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
With all this lower madness going on why not buy some while in a freer state? Buy them where legal and then bring them home.

View Quote
I guess you could but still need to call it in
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:57:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would you need to call it in?

You don't need to for long guns bought out of state.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:03:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe interstate needs to follow both states laws
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m talking AW...

Why do I feel like a fishing expedition is starting ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you buy a long gun while in another state you only need to follow the laws of the state you are in. You are responsible to make sure it is legal to bring into CT.

Handguns have to be transferred in state. You can't buy it out of state and bring it home.

I would think lowers are ok to buy out of state.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top