Link Posted: 8/16/2010 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
West Monroe
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
West Monroe

What?????

Of all the people who've replied, you're by far the closest! Do you go to the Sheriff's public range off Old Natchitoches?
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
West Monroe

What?????

Of all the people who've replied, you're by far the closest! Do you go to the Sheriff's public range off Old Natchitoches?

Yeah...I live fairly close to it, and try to get out there on a regular basis. Its nice to shoot out there since Sheriff Toney removed all the range nazis the previous sheriff had running the place. However, lately it has been too damn hot! IF the temperature ever gets back under 110 degrees I'll be heading back out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Vivian

Link Posted: 8/17/2010 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
West Monroe

What?????

Yeah...I live fairly close to it, and try to get out there on a regular basis. Its nice to shoot out there since Sheriff Toney removed all the range nazis the previous sheriff had running the place. However, lately it has been too damn hot! IF the temperature ever gets back under 110 degrees I'll be heading back out.

When I get back home on vacation or move that way will have to hook up with ya'll and do some shooting.  Hopefully my dad's range will be done by then.  Private land in union parish.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Sulphur.... just outside of Lake Charles, LA.   It's good to see some people from the LC.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
West Monroe

What?????

You're definitely right. I went out there two weekends ago, and almost slapped myself for not bringing Gatorade or water.

I've only been going there for about a year, so I don't know who was there before Sheriff Toney. I'll IM you when I have more time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
West Monroe

What?????

When I get back home on vacation or move that way will have to hook up with ya'll and do some shooting.  Hopefully my dad's range will be done by then.  Private land in union parish.

Sounds good.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
West Monroe

What?????

You're definitely right. I went out there two weekends ago, and almost slapped myself for not bringing Gatorade or water.

I've only been going there for about a year, so I don't know who was there before Sheriff Toney. I'll IM you when I have more time.

Sounds like a plan. I usually go there almost every weekend when I'm home and the weather permits. I also go out to the Prince Gun Range near Oak Grove occasionally. They have some type of competitive shooting out there every weekend, and a 750 yard rifle range. Pretty good folks there too. Here's a link for some info about them if you're interested. Howard Prince Gun Range

I'm going to try and make the vintage military rifle shoot there on Aug. 22nd. They are fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
West Monroe

What?????

I get up to Union Parish on occasion. A good friend that I use to work with at Monroe PD lives in Hail (aka: Hell, LA). His dad put together a range out by his house that is not too bad. I don't know if it's open to the public, but his dad lets us shoot on it. I think the S.O. up there uses it. It has a 50 yard pistol range and a 300 yard rifle range.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Man there are more people around me than I thought

if you are who I think you are, We have run calls together...

Link Posted: 8/18/2010 6:37:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are thinking of the flaming homo, he is who you think he is. The ghey is strong with him.

sorry just kidding, I couldnt help myself.

Link Posted: 8/18/2010 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#13]
AASI U2,U3,U4,U5, and U7 Currently . I think you are spot on .I started out behind the subway if ya get me.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/18/2010 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#14]
dmstr, if you would quit picking up brass in the mankini that looks like it belongs in 1980 Id be able to control myself.!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Shreveport but I work in Lafayette so much I probably need to get Lafmedic1 out for a beer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Just moved to Shreveport.  Looking for a good place to shoot.  Already swung by the public range north of Haughton.  Looked pretty good but I didn't have a gun with me.

I've been out to Long Range Alley for work.  There wasn't anyone there to talk to.  Anybody from here shoot there?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I do, next time you want to go pm me and I'll take you and show you around.  

I will second that. Shooting, bars, small hole in the wall resturants.
How long have you been here?

About 2 months.  I have been doing good on food so far.  Superior, Byronz, Pie Works, Herbie K, and lots of little spots in the towns all the way down to Grand Bayou/Zwolle.  Had some drinks at a decent spot called the Cub. Haven't really been to any other bars.

I will shoot you guys a message one weekend to see if yall want to shoot.  Just got a place so my weekends are filled with moving right now.  Appreciate the invites.

The Cub has some pretty good steaks.  Me and a bunch of the people I work with drink out of a bar called Stray Cats the most.
The same bar Josh Brolin got tazed.

Link Posted: 8/19/2010 3:20:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Come to the shoot wilmar. Lots of fun to be had. Dont worry about dmstr we keep him on the other end of the range.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Come to the shoot wilmar. Lots of fun to be had. Dont worry about dmstr we keep him on the other end of the range.

Dont make me stay at the other end of the range again

Link Posted: 8/19/2010 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#19]
What are you birthing Oprahs Kid?
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Thats my snuggie and some stocking stuffers I got for Christmas.

ETA: I was pretending to be a warlock or some shit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#21]
HA ha ha ha hah a ha hha ha ha ha. Wear that to the range please!
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I am in Lafayette.

As for the range, it could be worse...  One of the hunters started shooting while Ron was downrange some time back.  He left after a group of us started yelling at him for opening fire while there was someone downrange.

Edit:  I offered to buy Ron a target t-shirt for his last shoot but he respectfully declined.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
AASI U2,U3,U4,U5, and U7 Currently . I think you are spot on .I started out behind the subway if ya get me.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

SPD 5

Link Posted: 8/20/2010 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#24]
you coming to the shoot. ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Were you at the RPSO range this past Monday?
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I didnt know civilians were allowed there???
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I didnt know civilians were allowed there???

Not sure on complete specifics, but I do know Cenla Shooters set up matches out there now and then.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Thibodaux / Houma
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm going to gather up all you guys' screen names and post them and your locations in the OP. That way, we'll have a Louisiana member directory.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm going to gather up all you guys' screen names and post them and your locations in the OP. That way, we'll have a Louisiana member directory.

You da man
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#31]
OP updated!
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Good Job plinkr
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Good Job plinkr

Thank you.

It actually took a little more doing than I thought it would.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Think there was a cenla thread with some more members.  AlAzAkLa is in Natchitoches parish don't think she posted in this thread
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Think there was a cenla thread with some more members.  AlAzAkLa is in Natchitoches parish don't think she posted in this thread

She's added.

I know there are a few more, but I'm not sure if they want to be listed or not.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Kenner
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#37]
I feel bad I didnt get listed
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wow! I'm sorry lafmedic! When I was writing the names all down, I kinda got confused at one point. I should've remembered you anyways though. I'm off to fix it now!

ETA: Fixed!
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Loser! I got listed twice! HA!

Oh shit I guess I should be nice to you at least untill you come up with a price.

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loser! I got listed twice! HA!

Oh shit I guess I should be nice to you at least untill you come up with a price.

You specified two places.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Gunshow is Shreveport/Bossier this weekend. Any one going?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Gunshow is Shreveport/Bossier this weekend. Any one going?

I'm going. If its half as good as the last one they put it should be pretty good.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Any more members to be added?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#44]
City of Central...............Baton Rouge area
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
City of Central...............Baton Rouge area

Added.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:09:15 AM EDT
[#46]
monroe- swartz area here
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#47]
bossier city
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL Mamou. They got Electricity now?

That aint right dude lol.

LOL, everyone makes fun of Mamou, me and my brother especially.  SometimesI think it's where all the trash ends up.  I could tell you some stories................

LC
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
monroe- swartz area here

I'm from Monroe as well! What high school did you go to, and what year did you graduate?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#50]
I was in monroe sat. ,ate at my father in laws favorite place called grannys, catfish was pretty good.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top