Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you can get there, I’ll have a rifle you can use. I’ve got some ammo, but it does decent with ADI 69gr ammo.

Most ppl come for the comradery, but I think I read above that there will be thigh rubs too! Not sure if that costs extra, but definitely worth investigating further.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the remote chance we do get there I'm not worried, I doubt anyone could post a better worse score than me

If you can get there, I’ll have a rifle you can use. I’ve got some ammo, but it does decent with ADI 69gr ammo.

Most ppl come for the comradery, but I think I read above that there will be thigh rubs too! Not sure if that costs extra, but definitely worth investigating further.

Thanks, we may end up going that route if we cant get other stuff going.  I don't think my Colt LE6920 with an ACOG and greentips will cut the mustard.  I'll pass on the thigh rubs LOL.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#2]
B&T / Atlas is providing a certificate again for the one shot challenge....

MDT is sending a long box rather than an envelope
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I bring excuses.  Lots of excuses.  

I’ve made MOA with gas and bolt guns, but not lately.   I can’t find the owners manual, so I’m not sure if I am supposed to clean them or not.  That can’t have anything to do with decreased accuracy though.   I think it’s because the ammo is now a few years older.   The bullets haven’t been rotated, so I bet they are getting a flat side on them.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don’t do it @Brandi !

First he loans a rifle then suddenly you’re blowing $300 a weekend on match fees and ammo!

Well, you hope it’s only $300 anyway.

However someone’s first group with a bolt action…that happened to belong to SuperJ
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@sea2summit

Let the kids know I’ll be bringing the .22 trainers with me.

Just in time to ask for one for Christmas!
View Quote

I was at an auction last night where I saw plain Jane .22 go for insane money…I’m thinking of moving to .17 HMR
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Don’t do it @Brandi !

First he loans a rifle then suddenly you’re blowing $300 a weekend on match fees and ammo!

Well, you hope it’s only $300 anyway.

However someone’s first group with a bolt action…that happened to belong to SuperJ
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326526/E46F39AD-0FC0-47C2-BB25-3F1E6A30DCBA_jpe-2139793.JPG
View Quote

That's nice shooting!
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Vortex Optics is on board for the second year in a row.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#8]
That's pretty cool, I'm a fan of both those sponsors.  Both mine and my sister's rifles sports a Vortex scope in a LaRue mount.  

Thanks LaRue and Vortex!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Roll call.  Page 1.  

3 1/2 weeks to get ready.  

Want to donate? (Not required, but appreciated)…

Cash on site
PP… @GAHTFMOA
Venmo or others…. Send me a message

(Backstop expenses, gifts for sponsors, targets and staples for the shoot.)

Food?  We’ve always done a potluck luncheon with bbq pork.  If y’all want to do that, chime in.  

Otherwise… I bought a bag of fun sized snickers and I’m thinking about bringing out Jolt colas and double strength coffee for all the shooters.  Bang energy drinks for the kids.   Some 5 hour energy shots as well.  Lol
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In!

I remember discussion about a magnetic surface for the score board; were you able to find one?  I can make up a bunch of magnetic name bars if you want to go that route.
View Quote

I have made zero progress on that front.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not certain I've shot even a single time since the last moa shoot, but Josh and I are in again this year.

Besides, between now and then I'll think up a bunch of good excuses.

-bob
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm in.  Bringing my own SCUBA gear this time.
View Quote

Speaking from experience in the pond....scuba gear won't work. I couldn't see 2" in front of my face.

The only way was to feel around with my feet in 6" of mud....

Might want to invest in one of these:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08MT7MR7C/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_PW5MWZ939YXD6ESAR0S2
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Speaking from experience in the pond....scuba gear won't work. I couldn't see 2" in front of my face.

The only way was to feel around with my feet in 6" of mud....

Might want to invest in one of these:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08MT7MR7C/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_PW5MWZ939YXD6ESAR0S2
View Quote

Titanium cans are all the rage. I think we need a metal detector.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#15]
We’ll bring a dessert. Think we’re also gonna try camping this year…so much for me getting any sleep

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We'll bring a dessert. Think we're also gonna try camping this yearso much for me getting any sleep

View Quote
Yeahhhhh not much sleeping going on when camping. I'll be camping as well...I didn't catch it - someone already bringing meat?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeahhhhh not much sleeping going on when camping. I'll be camping as well...I didn't catch it - someone already bringing meat?
View Quote

That’s a stretch to call what you do “camping”  

I’ll get some pork butts and we can get the smoker going Friday evening.   Saturday campers byo or enjoy leftovers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's a stretch to call what you do "camping"  

I'll get some pork butts and we can get the smoker going Friday evening.   Saturday campers byo or enjoy leftovers.
View Quote
Ok ok ok...more like passing out in my truck I'll bring something for the Saturday night campers if we can get a solid head count by Friday.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll have a brand new G super duty and I think 20rds of SSA 77g. closest thing I have to match ammo. otherwise its steel case and wolf gold.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll have a brand new G super duty and I think 20rds of SSA 77g. closest thing I have to match ammo. otherwise its steel case and wolf gold.
View Quote
I can tell you from personal experience that the wolf will make you look and feel like an ass...it's good for getting on paper, but not much after that
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Taking place after rut?

Confirmed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Wow, that deer grew a hay rake on his head! Those are some long tines, congrats!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Normally the horns shrink once on the ground vs through the scope. Obviously this one had the opposite effect. Congrats!! That’s a great buck.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow! Congrats!
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wow, that deer grew a hay rake on his head! Those are some long tines, congrats!
View Quote
@Brandi
SGAmmo has 6.5G match in stock. I think you were looking for match fodder?

Link Posted: 11/4/2021 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@Brandi

View Quote

I'll restate that I have "spare capacity" to provide a setup for anyone that wants to shoot but can't find ammo. I'd insist they not shoot my reloads in their gun but I have enough loaded for folks that want to shoot a string with one of my rifles.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@Brandi

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Brandi

Mucho gracias senior! Ordered the max...4 boxes.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make the 20th
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Mucho gracias senior! Ordered the max...4 boxes.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make the 20th
View Quote
No problemo...sorry to hear y'all can't make it. It's a great group of people and the "competition" is light hearted and informal. Bragging rights are a thing for sure though - even if it's the same 2 people that win every time
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, I really just wanted to see how the new rifle was going perform.  Got the chance to do a rough sight in but that was right as covid first hit and I haven't had a chance to shoot it since.  Took me several years of saving up and buying parts when they came on sale plus parts I got for birthdays and Christmas's.  Finally finished it just in time for everything to come to a grinding halt lol.  

At least with the ammo ordered today I'll be able to take it to the Angry Emu and finally find out if it's going to be a shooter or a pooper.  If I can't get at least a little under MOA I'll be pretty disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah, I really just wanted to see how the new rifle was going perform.  Got the chance to do a rough sight in but that was right as covid first hit and I haven't had a chance to shoot it since.  Took me several years of saving up and buying parts when they came on sale plus parts I got for birthdays and Christmas's.  Finally finished it just in time for everything to come to a grinding halt lol.  

At least with the ammo ordered today I'll be able to take it to the Angry Emu and finally find out if it's going to be a shooter or a pooper.  If I can't get at least a little under MOA I'll be pretty disappointed.
View Quote
Understood. I found out to my horror that shooting is a perishable skill I've been to the range a LOT more since CWSE and MOA. Even if it means dealing with the fuddtastic WMA crowd. I leave when the guy next to me breaks out a bow on a rifle range.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, had we been able to make it I was going to ask one of the experts to shoot a group with it to see how it would go.  I'm not so confident in my own skills to wring out it's full potential.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah, had we been able to make it I was going to ask one of the experts to shoot a group with it to see how it would go.  I'm not so confident in my own skills to wring out it's full potential.
View Quote

How far are you from Cherokee county? I know a guy that may be able to give it a go and offer some feedback.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#34]
2 more weeks to fine tune your excuses. Lol
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
2 more weeks to fine tune your excuses. Lol
View Quote
No excuses this time! If I suck, I suck. Gear is sorted out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#36]
It’s not too late to sign up.  Come on out and have a good time.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How far are you from Cherokee county? I know a guy that may be able to give it a go and offer some feedback.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not too familiar with the area but just looking at the map I'm guessing over an hour at least.  

Once I get the ammo we'll take it to the AE range and see how it goes.  If I get too frustrated I may search out a better shooter to give it a try.  It's not a high end build by any means.  More of a solid mid budget build with a Faxon Gunner barrel.  I don't expect match grade accuracy but very close to MOA.  Our Loki 6.5 Grendel will shoot that well with its Liberty barrel.  I gave that rifle away to my sister to build this one.  If the new one doesn't shoot at least as well I'm going to cry lol.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Any chance to check zero before the shoot?  I’ve recently moved to GA and don’t have a range yet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Any chance to check zero before the shoot?  I’ve recently moved to GA and don’t have a range yet.
View Quote

If the Madison area is not too far for you, then you could come out to the Angry Emu Range. There is a sticky up above in the main GA htf page. For more info IM me.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I’m in. Just got my rifle back together.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If the Madison area is not too far for you, then you could come out to the Angry Emu Range. There is a sticky up above in the main GA htf page. For more info IM me.
View Quote

I appreciate it, that's about 2 hours from me in zero traffic.

Quoted:

We'll likely have a sight in/zero check session before the first official round. We typically do.
View Quote

Excellent!  How much longer are signups open?
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I appreciate it, that's about 2 hours from me in zero traffic.

Excellent!  How much longer are signups open?
View Quote

Signups close about noon on the day of the shoot.  Lol

But I’m going out there on Friday, and cell service really sucks, so idk if I would be able to send you directions.   So to be safe…. Thursday before the shoot.   Or someone else could be nice and forward you the gps coords.  Probably.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

But I’m going out there on Friday, and cell service really sucks, so idk if I would be able to send you directions.   So to be safe…. Thursday before the shoot.   Or someone else could be nice and forward you the gps coords.  Probably.  
View Quote

Fffffft.

I’ll post directions right here.

Find the most desolate north south running paved road on north central GA.

Head north on that road.

Look for the M&M.

Don’t turn at the M&M, that will wake everyone up from the bender.

Take the next left.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, I’m in.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That is surprisingly accurate. Now if we could just get you to show up for Cola Warrior...
View Quote

By the time I found out about it this spring it was full. Drac got me a spot to shoot the pre shoot thingy but I had to drop at the last minute for work issues.  Really wanted to get to one to meet some of that crowd. You know, for reasons.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I’m in. Just got my rifle back together.
View Quote

The 223, not the 6creed, correct?
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Any chance to check zero before the shoot?  I've recently moved to GA and don't have a range yet.
View Quote
Whatpart of GA you in?

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top