Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Was the missing item ever found? And does anyone know what it was?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:08:16 AM EDT
[#2]
You talkin' about the M60E3?

I don't know if they found it or not.  That had to be one sick owner...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
i got 3 used mags for my ar's for $20, which I had seen the $5 ones.

I live in Louisville and I always look forward to the show, great fun and not bad shopping as long as you know what you want and how much is right.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Left at 10pm on sat and word was that the M60E was seen by several people as it went down the hill, before it was reported missing.

Pretty much gone I think.

Scum with balls. Had to be several people involved.

I hope they do get caught and fry.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You talkin' about the M60E3?

I don't know if they found it or not.  That had to be one sick owner...
[
A friend went friday and said a sten walked off.  I couldnt imagine having the balls to try and pull something like that./quote]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I noticed the lacadaisical attiutude of some of the dealers when I was there. I remember thinking,  "man in all this confusion and people (and it wasn't even that busy on friday), someone will be lucky not to have one of those walk off real easily", I guess someone else saw the same lax attitude. I mean how much does it take to tie them down.  I hope they had insurance and called the ATF right away. However, would that bode well for the gun show and shoot?? Every year having mulitple class 3's walk away would not be great for publicity or Law enforcement.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Ever consider it may be law enforcement walking off with stuff?  What better way to cause problems for everyone involved than giving the show a bad reputation and possibly charging the owner of the piece with some sort of crime?  

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I noticed most dealers had their machine guns secured with tiny cable locks.  I guess it's better than nothing.  There was one dealer who had his racks of M-16s secured with a small piece of rope through each one.    I also noticed other items like an M203 sitting in a cardboard box right on the edge of the table.  Now I know there are a lot of people around but all it would take is someone to set something down on top of it and then pick up the box and all and walk away.  I can't understand why someone wouldn't secure items like those better.

As for my friends that came to visit me, despite my best advice of telling them to get their early we didn't.  We drove through the bottom and promptly got stuck thanks to the "traction control" in my friends car.  Traction control is designed to prevent your wheels from spinning on wet roads or ice...in mud it shut the engine down right in the middle of deepest mud hole!  We pushed it out and have the pictures to prove it.  Other than being disappointed at the price of the machine gun rentals which they decided not to do then,  they had fun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a great time at the shoot, I worked the front gate checking weapons on Friday and Saturday from 7am-4pm. Everyone I interacted with was awesome, no issues of any kind. We had 2 weapons come up missing that as far as I know never turned up, a Sterling and the M60. It's a damn shame that someone would do something like that to two different people, but it happens.
    I shot in the shotgun match Sunday and had a blast doing it and did everything as well as I could do, so I am happy there. I'll definately be back working it in the fall!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#10]
so my question is when did the flame thrower rental go up to $200 a pop?
last time I was there I thought it was $40, maybe last fall or so.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I went saturday.  I had no idea anything went missing.  That is just insane.  

I thought I'd show up early, I hit the Range Road at 10 till 9.  Wow, the line of cars was long.  Took us a half hour to get to the parking gate.  The lower lot was still taking cars though.  Since I have a 4x4 I was guided right up towards the gate, then left down the road.  My parking lot would be the first one on the right.  Down a little ditch and back up to the parking lot.  Absolute swamp.  Grass over Mud.
Even with 4 wheel drive it was tough to get around.  I was driving sideways the whole time.  Ended up just parking it and I'd worry about when it was time to leave.  Watched a 4x4 Dually get pulled up the slight hill (to get on the road) by a quad (4 Wheeler).  Crazy muddy.

Hmmmmm, the DSA girls. The blonde was nice.  I got caught looking, and not at the parts on the table.  

Awesome gun show, once again.  So much stuff.  I nearly bought the lock pick set from the guy near the center isle.  I didn't, and now I kind of regret it.  

The first time the Howitzer went off, it startled me just a bit.  10 minutes later when he shot it again, I let out a fart in suprise.  Thank got I wasn't holding in a squirt!  I have a very high tolerance to gun fire too!  My buddy flinched so hard his chest hurt.  Too funny.  I just looked around to make sure no one heard MY back blast.  I was in a tent at the time, I just walked out laughing.  

I'll be back next year.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
so my question is when did the flame thrower rental go up to $200 a pop?
last time I was there I thought it was $40, maybe last fall or so.

At the Fall 2005 shoot it was around $165 or so and a bit cheaper for propane.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Flame throwers were $195 rental.

I've been going for four Springs straight.  This year, I did not see many good deals, and much more flea market type stuff.  At those prices, dealers didn't want to sell much.  Junior and the rest of the cornbread mafia need to raise the standards for dealers regarding what is offerred.  KCR was cleaned up more than other years, but it has a long way to go: pave the upper parking areas (I'd pay $10 to park on it to keep out of the swamp; enclose the dealer display areas and put in under HVAC to keep out dust; pedestrians and vehicles should not be sharing the same road; stop the 4-wheelers from racing around tearing up the grass, creating mud pits, and endangering people; and post a schedule of when live shoots and demonstraions will be.  This show is a gold mine and could be turned into a big national attraction with the right management.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Flame throwers were $195 rental.

I've been going for four Springs straight.  This year, I did not see many good deals, and much more flea market type stuff.  At those prices, dealers didn't want to sell much.  Junior and the rest of the cornbread mafia need to raise the standards for dealers regarding what is offerred.  KCR was cleaned up more than other years, but it has a long way to go: pave the upper parking areas (I'd pay $10 to park on it to keep out of the swamp; enclose the dealer display areas and put in under HVAC to keep out dust; pedestrians and vehicles should not be sharing the same road; stop the 4-wheelers from racing around tearing up the grass, creating mud pits, and endangering people; and post a schedule of when live shoots and demonstraions will be.  This show is a gold mine and could be turned into a big national attraction with the right management.

It is a gold mine and it already IS a national event. I haven't missed a shoot in several years and there really has been some improvement. The ATV/Mule traffic is about a 10th of what it was a couple years ago, there is a pedestrian bridge added, the pole barn it twice the size and better lit, more porta potties and hand washing stations, etc.

Improvement is slow in coming but who knows, maybe a wider road and at least gravel parking is in the future.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:41:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been attending the Knob Creek Shoot since 1986, when you could set on the roof of the clubhouse. Yes, the changes are coming, but not as fast as they could. Kenny is making a bundle twice a year and he should put some of the money back into the range.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#16]
It was my first time. I almost got stuck in the muddy 'parking lot' (i drive a buick).  I rented an M4 which was awesome, though I did not like how it was done.  I didn't get to do anything to the weapon accept hold and pull the trigger. Plus I don't like someone handing me a loaded machine gun with the safety off.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top