Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Another great day!!! Good to finally meet MarkIV!!! And I have to say that M-14 was sweeeet!!! Talk about a straight shooter!!! And MarkIV is a frickin crack shot too!!!!   Typical of my crap to malph with a new person!!! Sorry about the 51 actin up!!! Though I'de figgered it out. Oh well, I'll sit down with it at length some time and try and see whats up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I just found this thread, and would like to join in with my 16 year old son if I can.  We attended a few AR15.com get togethers back in Texas before we moved up here, and would like to make some new acquaintences.

I will be out of town on the 25th, but will watch this thread to see when the next shoots are.  We live out in the country, south of Louisburg.

Bud
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
BUD you are more than welcome. We are now taking all the necessary measures to make the Kansas Defensive Shooters Club (KDSC) a reality. We are drafting a charter, and making sure that everyone has a safe and good time shooting. Right now we are small potatos, but hope to be running COF's as soon as we get the space.

As far as members are concerned, if you show up, you are a member!!

Keep in mind all who attend the shoots; Eye and ear protection are MANDATORY!!!! We are shooting on private property, and hope never to have any incidents!!!!

Just to emphasize this; today we had several pieces of jackets 'come back' to where we were sitting. EYES AND EARS ARE MANDATORY folks!!!!

Hey Coop!!!! Since you started this thread, why dont you post a roster of all existing members?!!!(Granted if they want to be listed; if you do not want to be listed IM me or Coop!)

So heres the list so far!!!

Coopmandu
METALMAN
Slowfire
MarkIV
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey,
If any of you guys are down around the Osawatomie area today, Me and Metalman are gonna be shootin' some steel targets at the gunshop off old K-7.  You can IM me for directions if your interested.

Update:  We'll post updates and shoot dates in this thread for now.  We'll call it the unofficial KDSC thread!  Were trying to make KDSC a reality and we need you Kansas shooters to help.  Remember just show up for a shoot and your a member.  Were at a temporary location right now until we get something permanent in the future.  Hope to see more faces next Saturday!

Members so far:
Coopmandu
Metalman
Slowfire
Mark IV
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#5]
oops double post
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like fun, but a bit of a drive from Wichita.  Maybe once spring is actually here I can make a trip up. On the 25th I'm heading out to Pretty Parrie to do some Pheasnat/quail/chucker shooting at a game perserve there.  Then again if it's as crappy as it is this weekend, I'll pass.  This time of year sux WX wise.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys, I had a great time out there on Saturday, wish that I could have stayed longer, but maybe next weekend.  I may have one of my buddies and another M1A coming out next weekend.  I am thinking that I will bring out some paper targets, maybe we could have a .30 caliber shoot off?  

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey guys, I had a great time out there on Saturday, wish that I could have stayed longer, but maybe next weekend.  I may have one of my buddies and another M1A coming out next weekend.  I am thinking that I will bring out some paper targets, maybe we could have a .30 caliber shoot off?  

Sounds great man!  I kinda think I know who will win the shoot off!  Anyway glad you had a good time and were lookin' forward to next weekend.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I was in St. Louis this weekend, but barring anything unexpected, I'll be there on the 25th.  Also in terms of the land search, I just got a job as a mortgage broker, so if need be, I could see what I could find for rates...

In terms of toys I can bring my RRA middy AR, my SA-85M AK an OLD Winchester model 67 and my XD 40...

Ted
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was in St. Louis this weekend, but barring anything unexpected, I'll be there on the 25th.  Also in terms of the land search, I just got a job as a mortgage broker, so if need be, I could see what I could find for rates...

In terms of toys I can bring my RRA middy AR, my SA-85M AK an OLD Winchester model 67 and my XD 40...

Ted

Sounds good man,  Lookin' forward to meeting you.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey guys, room for another? I got a call from my buddy about this shoot. He's the second guy that Mark IV was referring to. I will try to roll out with him or just drive down myself, either way I would love to come out and put some lead downrange. The shooting group idea is something I would love to be a part of as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Not going to be able to make it this weekend, but would be very interested in coming out and meeting everyone. Especially since I am looking into buying my next house and some acres in Franklin county.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey guys, room for another? I got a call from my buddy about this shoot. He's the second guy that Mark IV was referring to. I will try to roll out with him or just drive down myself, either way I would love to come out and put some lead downrange. The shooting group idea is something I would love to be a part of as well.

Sounds great!  Always room for another.  If you have any questions just IM me or post here.  Lookin' forward to meeting you.

Quoted:
Not going to be able to make it this weekend, but would be very interested in coming out and meeting everyone. Especially since I am looking into buying my next house and some acres in Franklin county.

Just let us know when you want to come out.  For now were gonna try for every Saturday weather permitting.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Any age limit? Thinking of bringing my oldest daughter out (9)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No, because I'll have my 10YO in tow.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy or girl??

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy or girl??

Girl, so no worries!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Coopmandu,

I sent you an IM, not sure if it went through.

I would enjoy making it out there on any Saturday to meet some fellow ARFCOM'rs and to shoot of course!

Can you email me directions, dates and any other info I may need?

[email protected]

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Actually can we just get some good directions on here?  Or an address to mapquest?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Coopmandu,

I sent you an IM, not sure if it went through.

I would enjoy making it out there on any Saturday to meet some fellow ARFCOM'rs and to shoot of course!

Can you email me directions, dates and any other info I may need?

[email protected]

Thanks!

I im'd you back, would be glad to have you and some more new faces.

Quoted:
Actually can we just get some good directions on here?  Or an address to mapquest?

Here's yahoo maps
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#21]
On a side note, I've been in the market for a pistol. If someone had a Sig they would bring out and let me test drive for a few mags, I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:54:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's yahoo maps

Eeeeexcellent...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
On a side note, I've been in the market for a pistol. If someone had a Sig they would bring out and let me test drive for a few mags, I'd appreciate it. hr

I got a 1911 you can test drive, it's not really stock but you can try it out.  I will let you shoot all of the Winchester White Box 230 Gr. FMJ through it that you want.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Coop,

Did you get the e-mail I sent you the other day?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Coop,

Sure did man,  sorry I didn't reply back.  I'm about half way through making up the charter.  Your draft was a bunch of help too.  See you Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's yahoo maps

Eeeeexcellent...

Does that mean your gonna be there this weekend Theodore?  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Coop,

Sure did man,  sorry I didn't reply back.  I'm about half way through making up the charter.  Your draft was a bunch of help too.  See you Saturday.

Good deal, glad that it helped out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
On a side note, I've been in the market for a pistol. If someone had a Sig they would bring out and let me test drive for a few mags, I'd appreciate it.

I got a 1911 you can test drive, it's not really stock but you can try it out.  I will let you shoot all of the Winchester White Box 230 Gr. FMJ through it that you want.

That'll work too! Those are pretty much my options, a 1911 or a Sig. I'm leaning towards the Sig because...well....Its a Sig.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Specop,
I got a bone stock Springer milspec you can try out also.  Just don't compare it too hard to Mark IV's Colt though!  That's one sweet pistola
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey Guys,

I may try to make it out. What time will you be getting started? If I can pull away from my domestic duties I would be bringing out a FN FAL Carbine, a LMT Leitner Wise piston AR, SIG 228, and a 9x23 Caspian 1911 Commander.

Take care,

T
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Tornado,
Coopmandu usually shows before I do. 12 or so. I usually bring all the steel around 1-1:30.

I'll bring a couple of small tables to put our guns on (looks like we might have a crowd!! WHHOOOHOOO!!!) as well!

I have a feeling the KDSC is gonna get bigger this weekend!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#32]
This totally sounds like a classic "If you build it they will come" type of situation. One of my mgr. lives in Osawatomie and SHE has been trying to find a 3gun club for her and her BF to get involved in. she is very excited as well. I love it when a plan comes toghether.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#33]
WHOA!! GUNS!!
No, I think I'll pass. I really dont feel comfortable around a bunch of machine guns with big clips and crazy gun owners.........

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Alright Specop 007, lets not scare the natives. I, nor any of the shooters I know of  in Kansas as of yet, have MG's!!!! God knows I need em, but until I get my SOT, I'll just be happy with semi. As I'm sure all who participate this weekend. Anyway....does Kansas allow anyone other than a class 3 to shoot FA?

Please remember that we are guests of the 'Firearms' gun shop. As Coopmandu and I have stated before, the KDSC is devoted to 'SAFE' shooting. We feel very lucky to have this venue to shoot at, at this time, and would like to keep it that way.

As far as the three gun matches are concerned, plans are in the working. Please wait for the goodies folks, the KDSC is still in its infancy and we would like to feel the waters with the core members (YOU) and what they want, and what we can provide for our members.

Just to double up....EYE and EAR protection are MANDATORYfor anyone at the shoot this weekend, so come prepared please!!!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#35]
METALMAN,

Sounds good. I am in Shawnee so hopefully I will be able to make it. I have been looking for a good group to start shooting with that was close by.

I moved up to Michigan for 6 years and just got back about 2 years ago. Michigan had a large 3 gun and club scene so its nice to see you guys getting the KDSC put together.

I still have some contacts up there that run classes with Pat Rogers, Randy Cain, etc that could help us out on getting started and making contacts.

Regards,

T

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:07:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll try to make it out Saturday, I don't get back to KC until Friday nite (i've been gone all week) so my wife my have other ideas.
If I can make I'll bring an AK, AR and maybe an M1 or two...

Handguns welcome as well?

I finally posted this in the correct thread!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:39:04 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'll try to make it out Saturday, I don't get back to KC until Friday nite (i've been gone all week) so my wife my have other ideas.
If I can make I'll bring an AK, AR and maybe an M1 or two...

Handguns welcome as well?

I finally posted this in the correct thread!

Sounds good, Handguns are welcome of course.  And M-1's are always welcome!

Hope to see you out there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#38]
OK...here I am again sweetening the deal!

In addition to the two racks of steel, that have 8 plates hanging from them, that we can hammer on with all calibers, I just made 12 pistol droppers tonight after work!

I figure if we are going to have this many people show we ought to have some sort of competitions!!!

Here are the tenative competitions:

Rifle class:

Shooters will begin at the RO's command.
Shooters will shoot offhand at the 8 steel targets untill each one has been hit once, then a mandatory magazine change, and shooters will shoot the 8 steel targets kneeling.

All this will be timed.

Pistol class:

Very simple, 12 drop targets (5" circles), placed at incremental distances, drop them all with as many rounds as you need and as many mag changes as you need!

All timed

As this is the first real shoot, there are only bragging rights. Hopefully the KDSC will grow as MODCC did and the shoots will become sponsored!!! Prizes are always nice!!!

I also want to remind AGAIN that we are shooting behind a gun shop. Please, if you can, patronize this fine shop! He has ammo, and all sorts of cool accessories, as well as ...yes....GUNS!!!!!

We also encourage all of you attending to bring digital cameras to the shoot so we can post in this thread! Photobucket.com is an ideal place to host all your digital photos!!!

See you all there!!!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:Does that mean your gonna be there this weekend Theodore?  

Sonufa...!!!!  I was really looking forward to this, but I need to be in KC sat afternoon...  I just got my new job in OP and have an appointment to look at a house to rent that would only work for sat.  Grrr.     I promise I will get down there soon!  Now that basketball is out of the way, I just need to get settled in a new home then its time to play with the boom sticks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:Does that mean your gonna be there this weekend Theodore?  

Sonufa...!!!!  I was really looking forward to this, but I need to be in KC sat afternoon...  I just got my new job in OP and have an appointment to look at a house to rent that would only work for sat.  Grrr.     I promise I will get down there soon!  Now that basketball is out of the way, I just need to get settled in a new home then its time to play with the boom sticks.

No problem man!  Hope to see you at a future shoot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Man, I just cant stop messing with steel.

So my 7 year old and I made another set of targets. This one is for rimfires ONLY!!!

Which now brings the target count up to:

8-   3/4" plate steel targets roughly 10"x10" each, multi caliber capable!

12-  5" drop targets for pistols only

2 sets each of - offhand silhouette chickens, turkeys,boars,and rams (rimfire only)

6- 4" rimfire swingers (rimfire only)

Those of you wanting to shoot your 22's feel free to bring em out. I will be bringing my oldest daughter, and she is still training on the 22.

UPDATE: My daughter is apparently having a friend over, so she will not be attending, sorry Coop!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Leaving shortly. Went and bought some .22 ammo for the kids to shoot up, and guess what?
Cant find my .22
Damn you Murphy. I'll bring the ammo in case someone else has a .22 out there though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm in Michigan for a few weeks but after I get back, I hope to join in on the fun.  KDSC... I assume means Kansas Defensive Shooting Club???

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Well folks...I have to say I was really impressed with today's turnout! As well as being able to put names to faces, shoot, talk guns, and ogle all your awesome weapons!!!! I think that we are all on the same page with safety, and other than the 5 casualties on the first rotation of the pistol competition (including myself) we did learn more that will help the group in the future.

This group has great promise. I want to thank all of you for a great time shooting and hope that we can wrangle you all back in the future!!!

As far as the frequency of the shoots go. I will probably still make it out every saturday at the same time to shoot the 22 with my daughter, but as far as having 'SHOOTS' every weekend, I am becoming a poor man!!! I think what will start to happen is we will move them to bi-weekly. That way we all have some time to gather more ammo, and make more money to gather ammo with!!!LOL!!

Our ranks have grown!!!I'de like to formally welcome to the KDSC:

Specop007
Glockluvinredleg
Deadaim100
Deadaim500
Tornado
Spectre556
Patrick
Sam

Coop will you do a formal addition/addenum to the KDSC ranks in this thread?

I as well want to thank all the support people, kids, wives, and friends who made it to the shoot bringing the total amount of people there to around 20 to 25!!!! Absolutely fantastic!!!!

I will again thank the FIREARMS gunshop for having us out! Hope we were able to add some business!!

Gimme a day or two to compile the times for the 8 plate and pistol competitions! Man they were fun!!!

All of you digital camera people please try and post in this thread!!! Once all the pix are up we will link it in GD!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh, I dont think we need to post the times........

Thanks for letting me know I left my ammo can out there Coop.

Working on the pics now.

I noticed when I got home I had some blood under my lip, looks like I caught some backsplash too.
Wouldnt be any fun without some blood.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes Metalman post the times!!! LOL  I think I did a hell of alot better with the Garand than the AK

Me and my daughter had a great time guys.  And thanks to everyone for showing up.

And thanks again to our friendly local Gunshop  "Firearms" for hosting the event.

And most to Metalman for busting his arse to get all the steel ready and organizing the events.

Don't have a date set for the next shoot............. We will keep everyone posted though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey Metalman, if your going out next Saturday let me know. I might run out for an hour or so to see just where my AR is shooting seeing as I havent papered it out yet.

Theres a very good chance its just my shitty shooting. But, I'd like to verify if its my shooting or the AR thats a bit off.
Probably me knowin my luck.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#48]
So.....drumroll please.....bbbbbbbbbbldldbldlbldlbldlbdlbldlbdlbldbldl...tssssst!!!!!!  (best I could do!)

Here are today's scores!!!!!!!!!

8 plate rifle competition : hit the 8 steel plates once standing offhand, then all 8 again kneeling at 70 yards

OOA indicates Out of Ammo and an unfinished round, still timed, but the plates win!!!

Several rounds were had, so you will notice that many of you have multiple times. These are all the times you shot listed after your name!!

Specop007Bushy A3-          1:27  OOA  
                                              3:18 OOA
GlockluvinredlegGrizzly 15     1:07:09
                                               58:12
Deadaim100CMMG AR15       58:87
                                               1:11:44
Deadaim500                       1:28:25              
                                               1:53:14                    
CoopmanduRomy AK             1:47:56  OOA
                       Garand                2:08:44   and 4 Ka-ching!!S
TornadoLMT AR15               1:17:31
METALMANBushy A3             1:20:03
Spectre556Colt AR               3:56:75
Patrick                              1:25:25

9 plate pistol competition: hit 9 plates to stop the clock

MarkIV-colt 1911-          55:88 And 5 casualties
                                          54:44
Specop007-CZ52            41:05  OOA  and  a ton o' brass on the highway
                         1911 colt     1:05:90
Glockluvinredleg-Glock23  1:32:65 OOA
                          Para14.45    33.63
Deadaim100 Glock 35      1:09
                         S&W 38       3:04:08
          Glock somethinerother   1:05:88
Deadaim500-Glock 19       32:09
                         Glock 35        1:07:45
CoopmanduSprngfld 1911 41  OOA
                                           1:02:03
                        CZ52(Eli's)     1:01   OOA
Tornado-SIG 228            52.25
            Caspian Comm.9mm     38.31
METALMANSprngfld 1911   1:21:22 OOA  (and again...I dont own pistols for a reason)
Spectre556-Glock21        1:19 OOA
                                           1:15   OOA
Sam-1911 colt                2:49  OOA
                 caspian 9mm          39.47   OOA

OUT-FRICKIN-STANDING folks!!!!!!I had a badass time and hope to improve my ass bad times next shoot!!! Keep your eyes on the boards folks, and spread the word!!! With each shoot we will become more organized and more fun!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone again!!!

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey Metalman, those pistol targets you made could be pretty easily fixed I bet. I was thinking, if you cut off the angle iron on the front that kept giving us problems, then drill 2 holes in each leg one in back and one in front you could run a heavy bolt through it. Put a nut on the inside and outside of the bolt to set the distance between legs. The front bolt could also function as the stop for the target when its up as well.
Using bolts instead of the angle iron should eliminate the backsplash problem we had.

Just thinking it over, I spent alot of time working with metal in my younger days too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#50]
that was fun
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top