Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, GG has been great to me over the years, I wish they sold reloading supplies.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I went in today just to put a few down range ,had some ejecting issues with one of my pistols despite the crowd Rob actually took the time to show me how to adjust my ejector whilehewas choking down a sandwich and still answering other people's questions .Gun Gallery has my vote!thanks again Rob
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
About two weeks ago my wife's cousin called me and wanted to buy an AR and since he knew I already had one he started picking my brain for information.  He asked me to come along and help him and he wanted to go to Shooters.  When we arrived there we asked about an entire gun and was told that an entry level AR was, 'starting at $3000.'   I then asked about a stripped lower (thinking then I would show him how to install the LPK etc.) and then I was told, 'all stripped lowers are $700.'  Personally I would have turned around and walked out after telling them they were price gouging (someone did walk out though saying they were going to call News4Jax).  I expected an increase but that was ridiculous especially considering not one stripped lower, complete upper, or complete rifle sold the entire two hours we were there (my wife's cousin bought two handguns while he was there, his first two actually).  Magpul Pmags were listed at 35.99 when I was there.

I was also turned off by the AWB ban discussion I heard two different employees say to two different customers.  I don't remember exactly what was said but I do remember that the gist of the discussion was that the AWB was on its way and it had not even been proposed yet!

I bought a couple of hand guns from Shooters several years before at the old store and they really did give a GREAT price.  After my latest experience I am not going to buy anything from them again.  Though I after thinking about it I have not bought anything from them since those two hand guns since Gun  Gallery has MUCH better CS and another gun shop closer to me has lower transfer charges, $25 per gun.  Any questions or AR stuff I need/want I always head to Gun Gallery.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
GG is so much better all the way around, it isn't even close.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I called Shooters at 3pm to see if they had a SR25 in stock.  They said yes, and it is $3800.

I go up there shortly thereafter, and talk to the same guy.  He said they just had a meeting about pricing and the gun is now $5500.

This was on Dec 19 or so. Over the next 3 days, it climbs to $7000.

I have been in Gun Gallery almost daily, and been buying a wide range of items.  No price gauging at all.

Until shooters pulled their bs, I hadnt really been to gun gallery.  Now i wont go anywhere else.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to hear. I've always supported GG.  After hearing the horror stories and ridiculous price gouging going on at Shooter's, I was afraid to even think about purchasing any firearms lately, but after reading this thread, I'll may just have to stop in and support my local gun shop...

Thanks Neil, Tuna, and the rest of the crew

Sincerely,

Troy and Casey Loftus
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This might explain some of the turmoil going on right now. This was copied from The Truth About guns.com

We’ve already seen some blatant, public-facing price increases on things like Magpul magazines. The “Now We Sell Firearms Now We Don’t Now We Do” folks at CheaperThanDirt raised their prices from around $15 to $60 per magazine. According to our industry sources, considering the simple law of supply and demand, firearms and magazine prices will remain sky high for the foreseeable future. Distributors for brands such as Glock, Ruger, S&W and Magpul have begun eliminating ALL dealer discounts. They’ve also begun rationing entire brands of firearms and accessories, in some cases raising prices as much as 60 percent . . .

Dealers don’t pay market prices. If they did there would be no profit for them and no reason to stay in business. Dealer pricing has historically been done based on the quantity of firearms a gun store buys. And depending on how well a retailer moves product, the distributors will cut them a better rate.

According to one source in the industry, at least one distributor is completely removing that process from their pricing of firearms and accessories. From the email that the distributor’s customers received on Wednesday:

We have removed all pricing discounts from items in select categories. This will allow for all high-demand products to hit the marketplace at the same price.

Which is doublespeak for “screw you, we’re charging what the market will bear no matter how much you sell.” Higher prices for dealers means higher prices for consumers, with items like Colt firearms seeing the market price going up as much as 60 percent due to the removal of dealer pricing. And that’s before they tack on any additional pricing element.

What makes it even harder for gun stores to get firearms and magazines in stock: in some cases, entire brands of firearms have been “allocated.” Translation: they’re being rationed out to the various gun dealers. This used to be done only with extremely high-demand firearms, but it now appears to be happening to entire brands. According to my source:

Set the time machine to a week ago. Allocated item – S&W Shield. Allocated item – Ruger SR1911. Allocated item – 10/22 Takedown. Allocated item – Springfield TRP.

This week? Allocated brand – Glock. Allocated brand – Magpul. Allocated brand – S&W.

This means that gun stores can’t re-stock. And since they can’t re-stock, the prices for existing items in inventory go sky-high. The reason for the rationing isn’t necessarily that distributors are looking to hike the prices. It’s more likely they’re simply out of stock. Period.

Firearm makers in this country have been going 24/7 to keep up with demand ahead of Obama’s re-election. Rifles that might be banned under a renewed AWB were already in short supply following a massive buying spree that happened around election day. Those rifles had only just started re-appearing in distributors’ stocks when the shooting in Connecticut took place.

Now, after Dianne Feinstein outlined her bill, the entire supply chain is barren. The usual cushion of rifles that adorn distributor’s warehouses are gone and they’re shipping guns out as soon as they come in the door. Thanks to the potential of a new Assault Weapons Ban, manufacturers are going to be very hesitant to increase their production capabilities to meet demand for products that may be made illegal in the short to medium term.

That’s bad news for consumers looking to buy a new gun in the coming month or two. The shortages won’t end anytime soon. Current events will only push prices up higher as whatever is left in the pipeline dries up. It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. And the only thing that will improve the situation is when all of the looming threats to the gun industry are resolved. One way or another.

Neil from the Gun Gallery here.

Larry, I'm sure this may be the case with some firearms distributors. But not with any of the ones we deal with. None of the distributors we deal with on a regular basis, which are also, as I understand it, some of the largest firearms distributors in the country, have raised there prices at all. Most everything is allocated, which means it will be harder to get. But prices are the same, which is why our prices have not changed. We continue to sell at retail, or when possible, below retail.

Here's to hoping that 2013 is a banner year for you guys Neil.  Looking forward to picking up my R-15 and SA58 some time in the next 1-2 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got say that I had one great experience at Shooters.  I was trying to get to the Sonny's Bar B Q on University one day and the parking lot was packed.  I guess they had a big church group in for lunch for something.  Anyway, the Shooters parking lot was located next store and it couldn't have been more convenient.  I was able to store my car there for 45 minutes while enjoying my lunch.  Thank you Shooters!
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Well having a some time to kill - I dropped by shooters yesterday afternoon.

When I asked what the price was for a stripped AR-15 lower.....

Drum rollllllllll

$800.00 dollars

To me they are just a bunch of clouns (wish I could get that cloun face to work).

Of course YMMV

Red

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well having a some time to kill - I dropped by shooters yesterday afternoon.

When I asked what the price was for a stripped AR-15 lower.....

Drum rollllllllll

$800.00 dollars

To me they are just a bunch of clouns (wish I could get that cloun face to work).

Of course YMMV

Red

I think you are required to know how to spell "clown" first.

Ah yes, there it is.

All the area shops have their pros and cons. I won't bash anyone, and will certainly not be kissing anyone's ass, though the old man at Bullseye got into it with me over revolver brass (44 Mag and 45ACP...on full moon clips!). I've haven't set foot in there since.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to be in JAX area tomorrow. Going to see if I can disappear an hour or so from the wife.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I figured out what shooters is doing I think...

I bought 2 glock mags today...they didn't come in packaging.  I surmise that shooters is taking mags out of boxes of new pistols and selling them separately.  They sell the pistols with 1 or 2 mags and take the excess to sell and double their profits.  My dad bought a sig there the other day as well and while it should have come with 2 mags at least, and even had a cutout for where an extra should have gone in the case, it only came with 1.  So they're marking up the prices on new weapons, taking the accessories to sell to other buyers, and getting away with it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#14]
There's a lot of guns out there with an extra mag slot or two in the box.

Most Glock mags come in bulk with no individual packaging, unless a plastic bag counts.

I don't think it's a magazine conspiracy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There's a lot of guns out there with an extra mag slot or two in the box.

Most Glock mags come in bulk with no individual packaging, unless a plastic bag counts.

I don't think it's a magazine conspiracy.

You know, I would tend to agree, except I just don't trust Shooters.  I've had so many bad experiences buying firearms and accessories there that I don't understand why I go back honestly.  Collectively, between me and family members and friends, we've spent over $20,000 in Shooters.  And honestly, I've never really thought I've gotten a deal and I've always been treated as a member of herded cattle.

No pistol I have ever bought, ever, has come with one mag only.  Every Glock I've bought has had 2-3 mags, every Sig at least 2, 2 with my HK, 2 with my used P22, etc.  So the fact that the Sig my father bought only came with one mag raised a red flag for me.  Flag number two was the mags I bought today.  Almost every Glock mag I've ever bought new has either been in a plastic bag or in Glock plastic packaging.  They don't have the mags out front in the store...they're all mysteriously in the back room.

And another thing...of the number of firearms I've bought in there over the years, at least 2 of them (both of which were over $900) didn't come in the original box they came in from the factory.  Small thing some may say, odd to me.

As I say, I just don't trust shooters at all.  They've even tried to sell me something at x price, said there was no room for negotiation because that's what they had in an item, and then moved on the price once I was prepared to pay.  Not just standard bargaining stuff either.  Too many weird experiences.  That and the fact that they are gouging the shit out of their customers at the moment with $3000+ ARs, $.80-$1/round bulk 5.56, exponential markups on magazines, and price increases across the board on virtually every other semi-auto firearm in the store just adds fuel to my fire.  There are plenty of other people like me that have had horrible experiences and just don't trust them either.

At this point, I'm not going to discuss it anymore, at least for now.  A few hours ago, I received a PM from an employee or manager at shooters asking me to come in and talk about the situation and my allegations.  Quite frankly, I don't have time to do so and I'm no-longer in town.  I also have no desire to discuss anything with any manager there, period.  I've had discussions with managers there before that yielded no results and who belittled me while they held a $2000 weapon I had already purchased.  The only reason I go in now is a) out of total necessity, b) to have a look at stuff they have in stock and then buy elsewhere, and c) most recently, to laugh at the hilarious prices they've implemented.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I have always had good service from Gun Gallery.

The last time in was in Shooters they treated me like I was trash, I had to wait a long time while the employees seemed to be just milling around and then the counter guy was downright rude. I don't think I look like an undesirable customer, I am 66, well groomed and was wearing a golf shit and dress slacks - hell, I was dressed better than any of the employees. I always treat everyone with courtesy, and only rude if someone is very, very, rude to me. I was ready to spend up to $2k that day.  They lost a customer that day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Wanna hear a funny one,now at Shooters you have to buy a gun to buy two boxes of ammo,no more just buying ammo seperate
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wanna hear a funny one,now at Shooters you have to buy a gun to buy two boxes of ammo,no more just buying ammo seperate

Wait, really?  Last time I was in, they had a 2 box limit, but now you have to buy a gun to get it?  And they still charge those ridiculous prices?

Shooters gets more and more laughable every second...
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The last time in was in Shooters they treated me like I was trash, I had to wait a long time while the employees seemed to be just milling around and then the counter guy was downright rude. I don't think I look like an undesirable customer, I am 66, well groomed and was wearing a golf shit and dress slacks - hell, I was dressed better than any of the employees. I always treat everyone with courtesy, and only rude if someone is very, very, rude to me. I was ready to spend up to $2k that day.  They lost a customer that day.

I think that's pretty undesireable if you ask me!!

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's pretty undesireable if you ask me!!

It's usually a Hawaiin shirt and shorts, but I had meeting in Jax that day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#21]
GG is on TV....thats another reason why they beat Shooters.  FOX 30 news tonight.

Hopefully this will bring GG more business.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 3:15:28 AM EDT
[#22]
didn't no you dressing up got you head of the line service. LOL, I'll make sure to do that next time i go up there
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You had to wait and are taking that personally because you were wearing a golf shit?

Hell, I woulda stayed away, too!

Don't they have facilities at the golf course?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#24]
You guys are a riot, I only mention appearance to indicate that I wasn't standing there holding up my pants with one hand while wearing a "Che" tee shirt and asking about a "deagle".
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#25]
One of the guys from Gun Gallery brought me a sight tool to borrow before a match to install a new front sight on my Glock since I didn't have one at the time. I wish I lived closer because I'd be happy to spend money there, good group of people.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You guys are a riot, I only mention appearance to indicate that I wasn't standing there holding up my pants with one hand while wearing a "Che" tee shirt and asking about a "deagle".

The 'ol lookin' at a Deagle while buying a Hi-Point trick...classic.

I've been to Gun Gallery a few times. They are a decent shop but I certainly won't sing their praises. Maybe I've been there on off days, but the guys act like they are on downers, the selection sucks, a lot of the AR's are unnecessarily blinged out, the prices are all close to MSRP, and the range is only 15 yards.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 'ol lookin' at a Deagle while buying a Hi-Point trick...classic.

I've been to Gun Gallery a few times. They are a decent shop but I certainly won't sing their praises. Maybe I've been there on off days, but the guys act like they are on downers, the selection sucks, a lot of the AR's are unnecessarily blinged out, the prices are all close to MSRP, and the range is only 15 yards.

They have a small selection, but a high quality one.  Before this madness, they had the best selection of uppers and lowers in Florida and they weren't so jammed.  I've found their prices to be competitive with higher volume shops and certainly in an area where I feel comfortable to spend.  The range, I'll admit, could use some work.  Better lighting and an upgraded backstop so you could shoot rifles would be a big step forward.  That being said, they have made improvements to it lately; new carpet was put down not too long ago and I think they made adjustments to the target holders.

Lately, they've been slammed like everyone else.  I've had trouble getting in contact with them on stuff I've already paid for, but I know they're slammed and try to do their best so I cut them slack.  Trust me, I've had times when I've gone in there and felt like they couldn't be bothered either, but that's nothing to how I've felt in other places like shooters.  But, I've also had them come through in the clutch for me on more than one occasion and I've sat for hours just shooting the shit with them; they're all good guys in there.  I just wish they'd get back to me about my upper I ordered...
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#28]
I stopped by Gun Gallery Friday morning. They appeared to be very busy, the guy behind the counter was extremely helpful- I forgot to get his name. He took care of my suppressor/trust questions while helping another customer fill out a 4473.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I stopped by Gun Gallery Friday morning. They appeared to be very busy, the guy behind the counter was extremely helpful- I forgot to get his name. He took care of my suppressor/trust questions while helping another customer fill out a 4473.

that would be ROB....
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

that would be ROB....

I was told that Rob would be in at noon, if I wanted more info.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I made the mistake of returning there (Looters) last week since I knew they had .22 ammo in stock and I would pay a couple bucks more than normal to add to the stockpile.  Wow, 2 box limit.  OK, it's in stock, I'll pay an extra $5.  Grabbed my 2 box limit of CCI mini mags and headed to the counter.  After waiting in LINE for 15 minutes behind the sheeple, thugboy scans my ammo and announces something to the tune of $40 (which should have been about $16).  Cue Blackhawk Down.  I didn't say a goddamned word. They wouldn't Understand.  About face, forward march, Fuck Shooters forever.  It no longer exists in my world.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I trolled ar15.com from time to time and came here to specifically see if anyone else has noticed Shooters price's.  What you're not seeing is there is a lot of word on the street in the last 2 weeks about them.  I heard friends comment about it at this last gun show, and at my range.  One friend called last night and told me about the cost of AR platforms at Shooters.

Shame, in the end we don't need them here.  Nothing they sell is exotic or hard to find elsewhere.  I have bought several guns from them over the years, however I will never walk into their store again and will share my personal opinion with any buyer that brings them up.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Why go anywhere else, I mean Alan brought sexy back and nobody is hotter chewing a 1/4 piece of nicoret gum than rob!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why go anywhere else, I mean Alan brought sexy back and nobody is hotter chewing a 1/4 piece of nicoret gum than rob!

HAHAHA..Rob sometimes even breaks out the Emerson from time to time to quarter the gum equally and if Alan is the definition of bringing sexy back, I don't want to see where it originated from

Edit: Spelling
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top