Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It always moves slow through Daytona from that construction
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Woohoo! Good news for a change. 

Just got free shit at the dump! Someone threw away a perfectly good Overseas Bag and it had a ALICE GI pistol belt, 1 qt canteen, and LC2 Suspenders. Was throwing away some debris. Canteen will be bleached and everything else is going in the wash.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Took the little boat to an evacuee's garage while a go.  Looks like a ghost town out there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#4]
you should go help her friendly neighbor
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeah so.

I watched my moms hot(ish) Polish neighbor board her front door, I presume she thinks she will use the garage door. Not sure if she has a plan if the power goes out.

Also she boarded the garage door widows, from the inside. So I can see glass from the outside still. She made the garage in to a rape dungeon of sorts.  

She has yet to to board of a single window on the main house.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
you should go help her friendly neighbor
View Quote
 Thought about it but.

No good deed goes unpunished, and she is not going to suck me dick so.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well if your driving from palm beach you may not know that.
It's the reason I posted the info.....

I drive it daily ...but when it's backed up to spruce creek and farther south it's worth noting for others. 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought you meant the hurricane!!!!

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Gov. Scott will not counterflow the interstates. Southbound lanes will be Southbound for relief supplies, fuel, and personnel heading to disaster areas. 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well if your driving from palm beach you may not know that.
It's the reason I posted the info.....

I drive it daily ...but when it's backed up to spruce creek and farther south it's worth noting for others. 
View Quote
Exactly where driving from, Palm Beach!

Go through there too many times on the way to Savannah and visit friends in Pelican Bay. Cannot wait for them to be finished with it!

Stay safe!
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I thought you meant the hurricane!!!!

View Quote
Too funny
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just got free shit at the dump! Someone threw away a perfectly good Overseas Bag and it had a ALICE GI pistol belt, 1 qt canteen, and LC2 Suspenders. Was throwing away some debris. Canteen will be bleached and everything else is going in the wash.  

https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View Quote
Bruh.

My left canteen is always a spitter, my right is water.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bruh.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bruh.

Don't ruin my good news bro with your negative ways. 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gov. Scott will not counterflow the interstates. Southbound lanes will be Southbound for relief supplies, fuel, and personnel heading to disaster areas. 
View Quote
I do not think there is enough gas to counterflow the interstate
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Welp. I always poo-poo hurricanes, but it looks like Irma is making a bee line for Ft Myers. Still plenty of time for the track to change.

Gives a new meaning to hookers and blow.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm confused by that.

If Florida is inside the cone why do we have a "watch" while The Bahamas outside the cone are subject to a warning ?

Can anyone explain the reasoning behind this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT11/refresh/AL112017_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind+png/215356_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Great to see we're just under a hurricane watch. As in, we're just not sure if Florida is getting hit yet. 
I'm confused by that.

If Florida is inside the cone why do we have a "watch" while The Bahamas outside the cone are subject to a warning ?

Can anyone explain the reasoning behind this?
I believe the cone in that picture is just the potential path of the center and not the size of the hurricane itself.  You have to remember the size is massive so those under warnings will experience hurricane force wind within a certain amount of time.  They may not be in the path of the center but will experience hurricane force winds (even if cat 1 on the edge).  Its all about timing.

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey all,

Got friends on Fort Myers Beach that are in the process of heading inland a little bit (airport hotel I think), but my BIL and his family are in Melbourne and aren't going anywhere. They aren't on the beach but are about 1.75 miles from the intercoastal (northeast side of the airport). I know Matthew wasn't too hard on them last year. But this one is going to be a bit different.

Anyone down in that Melbourne area hunkering down, prayers/thoughts/good mojo sent your way. We may be attempting to come down to help the family after if it gets too bad, but I know how that goes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Publix at 5th ave shops on US1 in Boca just got water.....Like they put it out 20 minutes ago. They also have plenty of little things like snacks, & soda The garden section & deli are full.  
There's a gas station 1 block south of 5th ave that has gas. Line was 6 cars in. 93 only.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Hurricane Irma v. Hurricane Andrew size comparison.

Andrew is the smaller of the two.

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Swear to God you're Irish, regardless of you pretending to be Latin.  You have the best damn luck with finds. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Swear to God you're Irish, regardless of you pretending to be Latin.  You have the best damn luck with finds. 
I think he's the Cuban version of Fred Sanford.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Christie is sending the New Jersey National Guard here to Florida.  

I wonder how much of our laws they understand or want to understand.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Can we send them back?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Question for genius's and rednecks.

House has 2 roofs and attics.  Each attic has a square attic access.
Outside under eaves are screened vents where air can get into the attic.

Noticed after Wilma that one of the square attic boards had been forced down by the frame. Nails were loosened.

Would it make sense to make a space in the attic access to equalize pressure in the attic?
Or would it make things worse?

Yes, this house has has a roof going N&S and another going E&W. Google maps shows they are a little off 90 degrees, like 95 degrees.
////////////////////////////

Nevermind, wife heard on tv don't do that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Mayor Bucky just called for mandatory evacuation for any red zone Tampa residents. That's around 2/3 of the homes down here on the peninsula. Where the hell does he think their gonna go?

Flood map. http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/wusf/files/201709/hillsborough_evac_zone.pdf
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Satellite Animation Sees Hurricanes Katia, Irma and Jose
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Our son was going to buy us tickets on flight yesterday to Boston. Only problem is we have 2 cats  each of us could take one on the plane but we have 2 55 LB dogs and don't have airline approved cages so what do we do with the dogs? I was going to buy a Ford Transit today and send him the bill. I have 31 gals of gas but dealers are closed today. So we will ride it out. Tree trimmer came this morning and thinned out our big mahogany took over half the tree out hope it is enough so it doesn't crash on our house. Told me if the town complains and want to know who did it tell it was just a crew that was driven the neighborhood. Town has ordnances that limit want you can do to your trees.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, I'm here ocean front in Melbourne (Indialantic) and we are staying.  Power and water outages will probably be widespread.  I'm prepped and ready, the hatches have been secured.  There's not much more I can do at this point.  I should be ok as long as the condo next door doesn't explode and shower me with debris.  

It looks like our #1 bug out location will take the full force down towards Naples, #2 is going to get a very close pass from the eye in the middle of the state.  Hell if I'm driving to Georgia in stop and go traffic, road ragers, etc..
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Looking better for Treasure Coast. Keep going west.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Check you AC drains
Just had to shop vac mine out
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Mayor Bucky just called for mandatory evacuation for any red zone Tampa residents. That's around 2/3 of the homes down here on the peninsula. Where the hell does he think their gonna go?

Flood map. http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/wusf/files/201709/hillsborough_evac_zone.pdf
View Quote
I'm just to the right of those two square spoil islands in the bay...dead nuts in the middle of red...will bug out to help mom out 10 miles inland...been there 30 some years and a few mandatory evacs , no one comes by to check
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Belt doesn't fit me. It is for a 30 inch or under waist.  I'm a fatty, fat, fatty, fat fuck. 

But it does fit the wife!

Now we both have ALICE belts and 1 qt canteens! 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was gonna counter that and realized that you're right. 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Until it makes that turn north, I'm not convinced of anything, but I agree. The path crossed my roof at one point.

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Until it makes that turn north, I'm not convinced of anything, but I agree. The path crossed my roof at one point.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT11/refresh/AL112017_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind+png/214634_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT11/refresh/AL112017_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind+png/214634_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png
It keeps coming closer to my roof. 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine too. I'm just a bit north of Ft. Myers...
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Keeps looking worst for Pinellas County as well...
Boarded up , prayers said & ridin' it out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Keeps looking worst for Pinellas County as well...
Boarded up , prayers said & ridin' it out.
View Quote
With all the swings from one side of the state to the other, it's tough to tell where it's going until it actually turns north.

We're all getting a big part of it, just not convinced yet of where the eye is going to track. We'll see real soon though. 

Enjoy tomorrow while it lasts, enjoy electricity. We're about to go back to the 1800's for a bit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Not looking good for the entire Gulf Coast at this time, but this thing has been back and forth all week so who the hell knows where it ends up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like it maybe creeped west slightly?

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#40]
a lot of eastern broward & palm beach are out of the cone(as of tonight anyway)
That's going to suck for the west coast.  Back up to cat5

I'd like to know which models had it going west.  Cause I remember these 1 or 2 lines that had it going that way the whole time,   I also remember back early in the week, when the models had it curving way before FL & again there were these 2 tracks way off that have been spot on so far.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
a lot of eastern broward & palm beach are out of the cone(as of tonight anyway)
That's going to suck for the west coast.  Back up to cat5

I'd like to know which models had it going west.  Cause I remember these 1 or 2 lines that had it going that way the whole time,   I also remember back early in the week, when the models had it curving way before FL & again there were these 2 tracks way off that have been spot on so far.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#42]
I already ate half my hurricane snacks.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Irma just upgraded to Cat 5.

The Keys are fucked. A real shame.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:03:37 AM EDT
[#46]
....Now I can't get the theme music to "Que Pasa USA" out of my head.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#47]
The 2 AM EDT update just came out.  It creeped a little further west again.  The center of the cone passes right over Summerland Key now.  My sister-in-law and her family live on Big Pine Key, but they safely evacuated to Georgia.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Latest ECMWF model takes the eye right over Tampa Bay.  The storm surge may be catastrophic for a million people.  That is a VERY densely populated area and much of that area is not very high above sea level.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#50]
For those who have HAM radios, here is some info for Pinellas County/Tampa Bay.  If the repeaters have power, you might be able to listen in and talk. There are also two daily nets below.  You just KNOW some of those HAMs out there will have field rigs who can report and pass info

St. Pete Amateur Radio Club repeaters.  Daily net at 1830.
147.060 MHz
224.66 MHz
444.475 MHz (Tone 146.2)

West Central Florida ARRL's Eagle Net repeater.  Daily net at 1930 on the SKYWARN/NI4CE repeaters below.

SKYWARN/NI4CE NETS.  The NI4CE Repeater Network has supported the National Weather Service’s SKYWARN severe weather spotter program since it went on the air in 2001.
Freq       Offset  Tone    Primary Counties Covered
145.430  Minus 100.0    Charlotte, DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Sarasota
442.950  Plus
442.550  Plus   100.0    Hillsborough, Pinellas
443.450  Plus   100.0    Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas
442.825  Plus   100.0    Hardee, Highlands, Polk
443.950  Plus   100.0    Lake Placid

SARnets:
Tampa, 442.850, Tone 146.2
Skyway Bridge (south tip of Pinellas COunty), 442.250, Tone 146.2
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top