Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I was there from 8:30 to 11.. shot at the 200 and at the 300 for the first time. I had fun.... I picked up something in my front left tire and had to change it in the parking lot.  Found out it was in the side wall so a new tire it is in the am..  I only saw 2 others with AR's
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was there from 8:30 to 11.. shot at the 200 and at the 300 for the first time. I had fun.... I picked up something in my front left tire and had to change it in the parking lot.  Found out it was in the side wall so a new tire it is in the am..  I only saw 2 others with AR's

Stan,

Damn, that was you with the small pickup?  Yeah, saw you shooting the AR, I was shooting my bolt gun at the 200 then moved to the 300 at 10:00.  I was the one messing with the wind flags..

Well, next time we have to chat more to the others on the line  

Did you get a piece of brass in the tire?  

Mark
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what caused it... had to  be something downrange....  Had the eggs in my truck.  Liked the 300 yard line..  Might not be the place... but I know you have to qualify at 300 to go to 400-600.  What does qualify mean at ASC?

Thanks

Stan
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not sure what caused it... had to  be something downrange....  Had the eggs in my truck.  Liked the 300 yard line..  Might not be the place... but I know you have to qualify at 300 to go to 400-600.  What does qualify mean at ASC?

Thanks

Stan

Again, damn, sorry we missed shooting together.   I am often concerned about driving down to the 200, just because there is sooo much spent brass down there.  I heard they do some sort of pistol matches down there in the evenings, so that is where it all comes from.   So, normally I will walk to the 200 and drive if only going to the 300+ ranges.  

To "qualify" to shoot at 400 and 600 yards you simply take their 300 yard target, shoot 5 shots all into the center white of the target.  There can be no other holes in the target at all.  The white is 2MOA, so 6" at 300.   Take the target into the office, they give you a card - done.  

Hopefully, we will be back there next weekend as well.  Just look for the gold lexus, thats me.  

Mark  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top