Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Missed out this time, hope to meet up in the future.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What a clusterfuck.  Got there a little late due to very shitty directions.  Got left behind, no way to contact the group.

Had food, ice and water for the group.

FUBAR!

Heck, I thought I screwed up and I didn't.  There were probably several of us there at the same time and just didn't know how to recognize each other.  My friend told me I had typed hwy 82 instead of 83, but I just looked and I had typed 83.

Damn guys, I bet we just didn't recognize each other because I was at the store until about 1030 and did the run up to 78, back at about 1100 until 1130 and then back again at 1200 after running over to the property.

It looks like you and dvldog were the only ones that made it and we all just missed each other.  Like I said, next time there will be a sign and I will hang it on the car.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i made a wrong turn at the "T" went about 5 miles out of my way before i turned around and got on the right track. i made it to the country store at 10:05  not one second later than 10:05 and everyone was GONE!!!!!!

had a super-sniper shipped overnight from SWFA

i had loopy Mk 4 rings/base shipped overnight

i bought hotdogs, hamburgers, buns, condiments, charcoal, targets, a steel gong and 2 cases of soda.

and i got left behind for being 5 minutes late. you guys are harsh.

The group was not gone.  I was still at the store at 1005 and no one else had shown up. I was in the dark gray Mazda 929.  What were you in?  I thought I had put down the wrong hwy number because that is what my friend said and I was running around thinking I had put the wrong hwy number.

I stayed until about 1030, then went over to 78 in case some of you might be looking.  I really wasn't sure if I would be able to locate anyone, but I have on an AR15 shirt and I hoped that someone would spot it.  I got back to the store about 1050, stayed around until 1130, went over to the property, came back by the store at 1200, and then came home.  I wasn't gonna shoot without you guys.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Apopogy accepted, sorry I was rude, I was a touch hot.

Larry, I know you have worked for over a month to make this happen, and 9/11 has a special significance now.  I thought it a fitting thing to do today to get together with some like minded citizens.

Larry, thank you for trying, many never make any effort at all.  You are one of the GOOD GUYS.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Apopogy accepted, sorry I was rude, I was a touch hot.

Larry, I know you have worked for over a month to make this happen, and 9/11 has a special significance now.  I thought it a fitting thing to do today to get together with some like minded citizens.

Larry, thank you for trying, many never make any effort at all.  You are one of the GOOD GUYS.

Personally, I would like to try again whenever you guys are willing.  Greg and I are both gonna be on standby for Ivan coming up, so it might be a couple of weeks until we can try again, but I really hope that we can and that you guys can give me another try.

Apparently, dvldog and I were at the store at the same time.  Next time, I am gonna say I will be in the parking lot behind the store and I am gonna make a big-ass sign.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Next time walk around with your ARs. There will be no mistake then.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I know what Larry looks lika and his van, know DRhumbert also, just didn't see anyone.

I thought of asking the guys in the 2 squad cars "If they had seen any heavily armed strangers hanging around", but decided I had better things to do today than have a full body cavity search performed on me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I know what Larry looks lika and his van, know DRhumbert also, just didn't see anyone.

I thought of asking the guys in the 2 squad cars "If they had seen any heavily armed strangers hanging around", but decided I had better things to do today than have a full body cavity search performed on me.

I was sitting right by them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Next time walk around with your ARs. There will be no mistake then.

I'm sure those Walton County Sheriff's deputies that were hanging out there would have loved that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't have a van.  I have a dark gray Mazda 929 and a white RX7 TurboII.  I was in the 929 today.  Maybe that's why we missed each other.  What were you in?

I saw one couple riding around looking lost and I asked them if they were looking for the group to go shooting.  The guy said that he wished they could, but they were about to go shopping.  Yecchh.  Course, as good looking as she was, he probably will do whatever she wants.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't have a van.  I have a dark gray Mazda 929 and a white RX7 TurboII.  I was in the 929 today.  Maybe that's why we missed each other.  What were you in?

Red s-10 pickup with USA flag and "University of Margaritaville" stickers.

Maybe we can get some of those fake bullet hole decals for our cars, easy to spot and a little stealthy

"I am in the truck with a nice bullethole grouping on the left quarter panel"
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Red s-10 pickup with USA flag and "University of Margaritaville" stickers.

Maybe we can get some of those fake bullet hole decals for our cars, easy to spot and a little stealthy

"I am in the truck with a nice bullethole grouping on the left quarter panel"

Damn, I saw you.  Damn, what a mess.  Apparently, only you and DvlDog made it out there.  Maybe the others just haven't gotten home yet to post.

We gotta try this again, hopefully in a few weeks.  I will compile a list of those that say they are coming and IM them my cellphone number.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, sorry to hear it didn't works out well. Larry, did you shoot anyway? IF so, how was it?

I went to the gunshow and was not impressed. There wasn't a lot there. I only saw like two M1A's and they were high. Plenty of AR stuff, but I'm good there. Many Rom. AK's and normal priced stuff.

I think a lot of guys are holding back to see what happens Monday, or just aren't ready to take a hit on the preban stuf or something. It's probably the longest I've stayed at a show for a while. I was there by 9:30 and stayed til after 11am in an effort to see if people came in with stuff to trade and sell.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well, sorry to hear it didn't works out well. Larry, did you shoot anyway? IF so, how was it?

I went to the gunshow and was not impressed. There wasn't a lot there. I only saw like two M1A's and they were high. Plenty of AR stuff, but I'm good there. Many Rom. AK's and normal priced stuff.

I think a lot of guys are holding back to see what happens Monday, or just aren't ready to take a hit on the preban stuf or something. It's probably the longest I've stayed at a show for a while. I was there by 9:30 and stayed til after 11am in an effort to see if people came in with stuff to trade and sell.

Nah, I didn't shoot.  Half the fun is the comraderie, so hopefully we can try again and try to be better organized.

As for gun shows, I haven't gone to one in a while as the last few times I did, I wasn't impressed with what I saw and definitely not impressed with the prices.  My dealer can get me anything I can find at a gun show and get it to me for less.

The main reason I used to go was to buy Georgia Arms ammo and now I just order online from them.

The prices at the gun shows on stuff like Garands, '03s, and M1 Carbines are outrageous.  Again, my dealer can treat me a lot better on those items.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The prices on stuff like Garands, '03s, and M1 Carbines are outrageous.  Again, my dealer can treat me a lot better on those items.

I know you like garands, I wanted to get your opinion on my HRA I just got.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The prices on stuff like Garands, '03s, and M1 Carbines are outrageous.  Again, my dealer can treat me a lot better on those items.

I know you like garands, I wanted to get your opinion on my HRA I just got.

Next we get together, bring it.  I will bring mine.  I brought it today.  For a 60 year old rifle it is damn accurate and reliable.

I gotta get my ass in gear and join a CMP club, go to Anniston for a day and volunteer, then pick my '03A3 and another Garand and take them home with me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Larry,

Go here:  Link To GSSA

Send them a check.  10 days later you will have the member card.  Go to CMP's website, download the orderform.  Your new member card and your DD214 (or CCW license) is all you need.

Send all stuff off with a check or MO, and have the big white truck come for a visit.  Then go and volunteer if you don't get what you want.  You can never have too many C&R's.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#18]
WOW guys...... I bailed the last minuet for reasons posted. The potetail buyers showed up at 11:30 . They stayed till 2:30 . They walked my property and came back to talk about properrty issues.  I was wanting to go and shot down the last minuet. AR Wrench I know. Dr. Humbert I know.. Lets try this again.... I work everyother weekend till I officially get transfered to Winston Salem.    Can yall try to make it Monday or Tuesday to CE for the shoot? AR Wrench I will bring my Guages ..You just say the word...... WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#19]
i was in a green chevy avalanche, had a red haired guy and a dark skinned girl with me. we were sitting in the car eating biscuits...DAMN good biscuits. i got the special and the grits were like buttered soup..mmmmmm
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top