BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
No  matter  what  happens  this  will  NOT  head  in  a  direction  that  prince  andy  will  like .

Perhaps but I have this gut feeling we are going to wind up with a Kalchasky type scenario.  The Second Circuit will uphold the entire act and the Supreme Court will look the other way leaving us as we are but other states free.  Perhaps the court wants this county to be a collection of red and blue zones rather than forcing us all to be red or blue.  At least then people have the option to vote with their feet.  Not like the 1994 Federal ban that covered the entire nation.  

This is happening to too many states for SCOTUS to ignore or remand.  It's the next logical step since Heller, McDonald, etc.

Refusing to hear Kalchasky seems like a loss but it really wasn't the strongest case to bring.  This case is strong and carries some significant constitutional implications.  SCOTUS will hear it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
No  matter  what  happens  this  will  NOT  head  in  a  direction  that  prince  andy  will  like .

Perhaps but I have this gut feeling we are going to wind up with a Kalchasky type scenario.  The Second Circuit will uphold the entire act and the Supreme Court will look the other way leaving us as we are but other states free.  Perhaps the court wants this county to be a collection of red and blue zones rather than forcing us all to be red or blue.  At least then people have the option to vote with their feet.  Not like the 1994 Federal ban that covered the entire nation.  

This is happening to too many states for SCOTUS to ignore or remand.  It's the next logical step since Heller, McDonald, etc.

Refusing to hear Kalchasky seems like a loss but it really wasn't the strongest case to bring.  This case is strong and carries some significant constitutional implications.  SCOTUS will hear it.

The concern is not whether or not SCOTUS will hear it. The concern is that they might Roberts it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The concern is not whether or not SCOTUS will hear it. The concern is that they might Roberts it.

Should  that  happen  it  will  be  pretty  obvious  where  the  country  will  be  headed .
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#4]
If you read NYSP Bruen's brief,  it is very clear that he is, intentionally or not, misleading the court.  

On many counts, he understates the impact of NY SAFE.  For example, he says that 50 YO magazines may be kept- but that isn't the full extent of the law.

And, he makes statements in support of his arguement that are factually untrue- e.g., claiming that the TEC-9 is a military weapon.

Reading through is brief (which is available from NYSRPA's website), Bruen is either an idiot or lying.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Bruen is either an idiot or lying.

Perhaps a lying idiot?

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm more concerned that Thomas will have a pork-related heart event.  He's getting up there in age...

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

We'll see, I guess.  In the meantime I'm driving all over S.C. looking for a potential new home.  Just drove to Loris, where PTR is moving to but didn't find the exact spot.

http://news.yahoo.com/conn-gun-maker-celebrates-move-205919931.html

AYNOR, S.C. (AP) -- South Carolina's welcome to Connecticut gun maker PTR Industries on Monday was as much a gathering to celebrate the second amendment as to celebrate more than 100 new jobs coming to the tiny town of Aynor.

PTR Industries decided to move from its home in Bristol, Conn., after that state passed stricter gun laws in April in response to the killings of 20 children and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The firm's CEO and co-owner Josh Fiorini said he had to choose between his home and his business after lawmakers backed him into a corner by choosing to make easy political points. He said his company's entire line of rifles is now illegal under Connecticut's new gun laws.

"God bless America, where a company like ours is free to move to greener pastures," Fiorini said.

PTR Industries plans to double its production, adding about 100 employees to the 50 who already work for the plant in Bristol. Many of those workers plan to move south too, Fiorini said.

The company is moving into an empty building just outside of Aynor, a town of around 650 people about 30 miles from Myrtle Beach. It hopes to open its new facility before the end of the year.

<snip>

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, its aynor not loris.  My bad.  In the carolina htf someone mentioned loris so i got confused.

Sorry for the lack of punctuation and proper capitalization but i am on my phone now at the inlaws (no wifi for my laptop here).

Guys i have to say that i am liking horry county as a whole.  20 minutes from the beach gets you some very cool rural locales.

Driving down to Charleston tomorrow for some tourist stuff with the wife.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#9]
So OK we read Bruen and Five Head's filings, where is NYS response?   Or is that it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#10]
And what happens next?
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Another 6 month wait?
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 2:16:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Some more fuel for the fire.  They are definitely challenging AR-15's, etc. on the "dangerous and unusual" interpretation:
The Second Amendment "does not protect dangerous and unusual
weapons," the chiefs said, "It protects only weapons that are in
common use for lawful purposes."

Sadly there is a wide open field of interpretation on that and I can see it going either way.  Perhaps others see a silver lining but I see nothing in this to excite me.  I certainly expect to see a denial of an injunction.

---

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130624/CITYANDREGION/130629518/1002

New York's sheriffs have been outspoken in their opposition to the
state's new gun-control law.

Now the nation's big-city police chiefs are wading into the legal fight.

And they support the SAFE Act.

"Assault weapons are enablers of violent crime and mass murder," the
Major City Chiefs Association said in a friend-of-the-court brief
filed in U.S. District Court in Buffalo.

The association, which counts Buffalo Police Commissioner Daniel
Derenda and 62 other urban police chiefs as members, views the new
law as an important step in curbing the illegal use of assault weapons.

So does Rochester's police chief, who filed his own brief in support
of the law.

Chief James M. Sheppard pointed to last year's Christmas Eve ambush
that killed two volunteer firefighters, one of them a police officer,
and wounded two others in the Rochester suburb of Webster.

Sheppard said the gunman, who took his own life before he could be
captured, used the same type of Bushmaster assault rifle that was
used to kill 26 people earlier in December at Shady Hook Elementary
School in Newtown, Conn.

"The type of semiautomatic rifle used in Webster ... is now banned as
an assault weapon under the SAFE Act," he said in his brief.

The briefs filed by Sheppard and the police chiefs, who were joined
by two other groups, are the latest developments in a lawsuit
challenging the five-month-old law.

Derenda, a member of the chiefs association, could not be reached to
comment, but a source close to the commissioner said he intends to
enforce the law.

The suit, filed in Buffalo federal court by the New York State Rifle
and Pistol Association, claims the law violates an individual's right
to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment.

It absolutely disgusts me that they have the nerve to use this to push gun control. This guy was released from prison for KILLING HIS GRANDMOTHER WITH A HAMMER!!!      But the gun was at fault in the shooting right ?
This is almost always the case with shootings. It is a repeat offender or someone with a known problem.  
People are not murdered by law abiding citizens with AR-15s....

Link Posted: 6/28/2013 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Another 6 month wait?

As I said earlier, April 16, 2014.  That way unSAFE is fully in force and they can start screwing people all the while taking their time on court cases.  That way, even if it i eventually struck down in seven to ten years, it accomplished its objective by pushing people underground and/or leaving the state altogether.

Link Posted: 6/28/2013 5:43:12 AM EDT
[#14]
This is a public service announcment "Calling all active duty and ex military all MOs particularly communications be advised of future OA. "
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It absolutely disgusts me that they have the nerve to use this to push gun control. This guy was released from prison for KILLING HIS GRANDMOTHER WITH A HAMMER!!!      But the gun was at fault in the shooting right ?

This is almost always the case with shootings. It is a repeat offender or someone with a known problem.  

People are not murdered by law abiding citizens with AR-15s....

It's just business as usual in NYS. In fact I would be surprised if these types of illogical arguments were not made in support of the unSAFE Act.

The justification clause for the AWB II that was passed by the NY Assembly for several years kept repeating the outright lie that two NYC detectives were killed with assault weapons. In fact the detectives were killed with a revolver in a gun buy robbery that went terribly wrong. No assault weapons were involved in the shooting nor were any recovered at any time during the extensive investigation that followed the incident.  As usual all the subjects involved in the murders had extensive prior criminal histories were violating numerous federal, state and local laws prior to the incident.

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Next court date moved back to 9-12. This is supposedly the last postponement.

http://www.nysrpa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=860&Itemid=199

July 26, 2013 Update:  The August date has been moved back.  Both parties are due in court on September 12.

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Pathetic performance by the courts. IMHO these judges are just Cumhole's Stalinist stooges.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]
What if anything can be read from this?  Do we know why it was postponed again?  Could the state be trying to bleed the plaintiff dry?
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What if anything can be read from this?  Do we know why it was postponed again?  Could the state be trying to bleed the plaintiff dry?
View Quote

Supposedly the NYSRPA needed more time to respond to the NY AG response and cross motion to dismiss. Yes, of course the state is hoping to bleed the plaintiff dry.

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Supposedly the NYSRPA needed more time to respond to the NY AG response and cross motion to dismiss. Yes, of course the state is hoping to bleed the plaintiff dry.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty typical in fact in most cases. The more the state obfuscates the more you need to dig for facts to reject the states notion.
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#21]
The NY AG has hundreds of attorneys and para legal staff  as well as unlimited resources to hire private attorneys from the best law forms to  do research, draft motions, memorandums of law and other legal responses to the lawsuit. The state also has unlimited resources to appeal any decision that is not in their favor.
If you're not a NYSRPA member or haven't donated to support the lawsuit
now is the time to do both.  You should also sign-up for legislative
alerts.
NYSRPA Legal action against Cuomo gun law
Donate to the NYSRPA Legal Defense Fund - Mark your donation LDF in the 3rd address line
Join The NYSRPA

Machine gun fundraiser shoot to benefit NYSRPA lawsuit

Link Posted: 8/1/2013 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Next court date moved back to 9-12. This is supposedly the last postponement.

http://www.nysrpa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=860&Itemid=199

July 26, 2013 Update:  The August date has been moved back.  Both parties are due in court on September 12.

View Quote

See above.  I am still betting April 16, 2014.  The state will push this out indefinitely and the courts will go along.

Link Posted: 8/1/2013 7:20:25 AM EDT
[#23]
This is just ridiculous. The whole system is polluted with corruption. Fuck you NY, you anti-American govt!
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

This is just ridiculous. The whole system is polluted with corruption. Fuck you NY, you anti-American govt!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2013 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Are 100% of the proceeds for the machine gun shoot going to the NYSPRA? Are they giving them money as they go because December is a ways away.
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Are 100% of the proceeds for the machine gun shoot going to the NYSPRA? Are they giving them money as they go because December is a ways away.
View Quote

When you purchase a ticket you are doing so at the NYSRPA website, so I assume they get the money instantly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#27]

If you're not a NYSRPA member or haven't donated to support the lawsuit
now is the time to do both.  You should also sign-up for legislative
alerts.
NYSRPA Legal action against Cuomo gun law
Donate to the NYSRPA Legal Defense Fund - Mark your donation LDF in the 3rd address line
Join The NYSRPA

Machine gun fundraiser shoot to benefit NYSRPA lawsuit

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Excellent.

Any chance any of the other pro 2nd Senators/Assembly members will follow her example? Would it be beneficial if they did?

eta: She has it posted on fb https://www.facebook.com/Marchione2012/posts/420065238103745
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Just donated again!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Stop buying ammo, and optics, and other accessories and give to NYSRPA. I haven't bought anything gun related in months and don't intend to. We need to fund THIS fight!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Stop buying ammo, and optics, and other accessories and give to NYSRPA. I haven't bought anything gun related in months and don't intend to. We need to fund THIS fight!
View Quote

And don't buy a NY hunting license this year.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I didn't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't

But don't let that stop you from hunting!

FUAC.  FUNY!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

FUAC.  FUNY!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't

FUAC.  FUNY!!

LOL... with Andy slashing DEC's budget to pay for the SAFE Act, who's going to arrest you for jacking deer?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Advocating people hunt without a license.

Not smart and against the C of C.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't

FUAC.  FUNY!!

Advocating people hunt without a license.

Not smart and against the C of C.

Don't be such a tightass!!!

What CoC violation?  I was talking about hunting out of state.  Jeeeez.... some people!
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Yep... plenty of deer hunting in PA.  But bring your Fudd bolt gun.  No semi for deer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yep... plenty of deer hunting in PA.  But bring your Fudd bolt gun.  No semi for deer.

View Quote

No one needs ten five bullets to kill a deer.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#39]
I only need 1. We should go back to muzzle loaders. Turn in all your weapons
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not "deer".  Dee-UHH.  Which I believe is a subspecies of Cuomolope.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Cuomo and the rest of the nitwits forget that when the BOR and 2nd amendment was ratified by the states  muzzle loaders were the modern assault weapons of the day.  The deadliest and most brutal war in terms of U.S. causalities was fought with muzzle loading assault weapons.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Cuomo and the rest of the nitwits forget that when the BOR and 2nd amendment was ratified by the states  muzzle loaders were the modern assault weapons of the day.  The deadliest and most brutal war in terms of U.S. causalities was fought with muzzle loading assault weapons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think they forgot they either never knew or don't care. FUAC
What boggles my mind is that these people think they will eventually get rid of guns.
There are roughly 300 million guns in the US owned by citizens.
How do they think they will get rid of them. Knock door to door?

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What boggles my mind is that these people think they will eventually get rid of guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The obvious first step is registration.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You think they won't?  It's basically a 100% eventual certainty.

The only question is will it be in our generation, in our childrens' generation or our grandchildrens.

My money is on our childrens' generation.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The only question is will it be in our generation, in our childrens' generation or our grandchildrens.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

unless a deuce happens
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.  I am figuring 25-30 years which I expect will not have an effect on me.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I agree.  I am figuring 25-30 years which I expect will not have an effect on me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My money is on my children going down swinging.... a father couldn't ask for more from his kids
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're dreaming. Good luck with that Constitutional amendment. Will they try? Sure. Will they further infringe? Most definitely. Will they secure an amendment? Not fucking likely. We still need to be ever vigilant.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to poo-poo those old antiques as slow and useless.

Recently, I saw a demonstration at Ft. Henry in Kingston, Canada that impressed me.  They had ten guys with breech loaders who could maintain, as a group, one shot each second and they did it for minutes.   Pretty amazing display of how those old junkers could keep up the volume of shots.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Recently, I saw a demonstration at Ft. Henry in Kingston, Canada that impressed me.  They had ten guys with breech loaders who could maintain, as a group, one shot each second and they did it for minutes.   Pretty amazing display of how those old junkers could keep up the volume of shots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The British are coming! its been the plan all along! They are coming!! That's why they want our guns away. Its a massive socialist plot to bring GB back to power. God save the..... who am I kidding Im as Irish as a Shamrock.... FUCK THE LIMEY'S!

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top