User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Cameras are not a problem.
Some guys brought cameras at the last shoot. Somewhere in ARFCOM, there is a thread with lots of pics from the last shoot.

Yes, I used my digital to shoot 50-100 pics at the last shoot.  I even had great pics of our IL neighbors going into the ditch  .. BUT - I lost most of the pics from the last shoot.  I had a hard drive failure.  .. I think I was hosting most of the ones I took too.  Unless a few of you guys saved them after I posted them ??

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys I went shooting last weekend at Yellowstone Lake State Park Rifle Range and the 4'X4' plywood back stops are destroyed on the pistol/small bore rifle range. Looks like people are hanging targets on a orange plastic snow fence.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't missed one yet
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#4]
i think i can deploy a dig.cam. , i'll see
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
hey vap! no dig's about the IL. thing O.K.?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
hey vap! no dig's about the IL. thing O.K.?

No prob.
I put a post in the Ill, and Minn. forums too.

ETA:
Its on page 3 in the Ill forum.
You should try to get your Lil Bro to bring some LEO toys along.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:51:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Guys I went shooting last weekend at Yellowstone Lake State Park Rifle Range and the 4'X4' plywood back stops are destroyed on the pistol/small bore rifle range. Looks like people are hanging targets on a orange plastic snow fence.

Are you serious!

I was there at the end of November and they were replacing all of the plywood backstops on both ranges!

I can't believe that people would have messed them up that fast. That's ticks me off that people abuse the range like that
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:47:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I always thought it was odd they used plywood and not snow fence in the first place like the other ranges I use.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll see  but he works most wkends
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#10]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:41:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Anybody got directions to the range for those of us who have never been there?  I think it would be awesome to shoot with those of you that I haven't met yet.

ETA Never mind, I found directions on the WDNR website.

If you are traveling from Madison, head west on Highway 18/151 west toward Dodgeville. Near Mount Horeb you will see the exit to State Highway 78. Exit onto 78 and head south to Blanchardville. When you reach Blanchardville, cross the Pecatonica River. At the top of the hill is County Highway F (right hand turn). Take County Highway F about 8 miles to Lake Road. There you will see a sign for Yellowstone Lake State Park. Turn left onto Lake Road. The park office is about one mile down the road on the right side.

Those traveling from Dubuque should take Highway 11 east to Highway 23 north to Darlington. In Darlington, take County F for about 10 miles to Lake Road. Watch for signs for Yellowstone Lake State Park. Turn right onto Lake Road and the park office will be one mile on the right.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#12]
3hrs and 30 mins for a day of fun..... might be worth it
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anybody got directions to the range for those of us who have never been there?  I think it would be awesome to shoot with those of you that I haven't met yet.

ETA Never mind, I found directions on the WDNR website.

If you are traveling from Madison, head west on Highway 18/151 west toward Dodgeville. Near Mount Horeb you will see the exit to State Highway 78. Exit onto 78 and head south to Blanchardville. When you reach Blanchardville, cross the Pecatonica River. At the top of the hill is County Highway F (right hand turn). Take County Highway F about 8 miles to Lake Road. There you will see a sign for Yellowstone Lake State Park. Turn left onto Lake Road. The park office is about one mile down the road on the right side.

Those traveling from Dubuque should take Highway 11 east to Highway 23 north to Darlington. In Darlington, take County F for about 10 miles to Lake Road. Watch for signs for Yellowstone Lake State Park. Turn right onto Lake Road and the park office will be one mile on the right.

Those directions aren't quite accurate. It looks to me like they are giving directions to Yellowstone Lake State Park. The shooting range is not part of the park.

When you are on Hwy F, coming from the north, you will want to drive past the Yellowston State Park entrance and go for another 1-1.5miles. There is a small gravel road on the left that angles north east, so it's easy to miss when you are coming from the north. That is the road you want to take. If you are watching on your left you should be able to see a clearing through the trees and see the range before you get to the road. Just be on the lookout and you shouldn't miss it.

If you have google earth the exact coordinates are: 42 45 57.26 N    90 00 15.71 W.
That should give you a good idea of where it is relative to the park.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#14]
If anyone is relatively close to the range, could we get a confirmation on the condition of the target boards at 25, and 100 yds. If they are totally fubar, I might be able to get some boards, and plywood to fix them up before the shoot.
The idea of fastening targets to a shot up snow fence doesn't sound too appealing to me.

On a side note, has anyone gotten a hold of AJ to let him know about the shoot? Tat said he sees him at shows and stuff, but I haven't heard from him either with his busy work schedule.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#15]
The columbus range does the snow fence thing, and it's not as bad as you might think. We just bring some cardboard boxes along, hang those up with clothespins to the snow fence, then tape our targets on.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If anyone is relatively close to the range, could we get a confirmation on the condition of the target boards at 25, and 100 yds. If they are totally fubar, I might be able to get some boards, and plywood to fix them up before the shoot.
The idea of fastening targets to a shot up snow fence doesn't sound too appealing to me.

On a side note, has anyone gotten a hold of AJ to let him know about the shoot? Tat said he sees him at shows and stuff, but I haven't heard from him either with his busy work schedule.

I just went to the Yellowstone range yesterday. The 25/50 yard range is half snow fence and half plywood. There is some cardboard stapled up to the snowfence, but there could probably be more, so you might want to bring some extra. The other half has plywood that has good cardboard stapled up to it and looked fine.

The 100/200 yard range was all plywood with cardboard stapled to it, so that range is good to go.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the intel.
I can bring some sheets of cardboard from work, no problem.
Should be GTG then.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess I will have to stop down there.  I only live 30 minutes from there.  How many people are coming so far?

Mt. Horeb, WI
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#19]
all i have is a wasr but i wanna come. How much ammo should i bring?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
all i have is a wasr but i wanna come. How much ammo should i bring?

Bring lots of ammo.
Last year, I almost went through 1k. Mostly 5.56, and 9mm.
Worst that can happen is you have to take it back home with you, if you don't shoot it. But it would suck if you ran out early.
I hope the weather cooperates this year.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks like its a go for me. Got the babysitting arrangements made.

Don't think I'll have any ammo for the garand though, unless I get some bullets and start reloading.

John
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Racine is shooting their Iwo Jima Anniversary match on the 18th.  Pulled pit and 200 yd for you that have never been there.  Ill will be there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll try to make the shoot, but my attendance is iffy
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Racine is shooting their Iwo Jima Anniversary match on the 18th.  Pulled pit and 200 yd for you that have never been there.  Ill will be there.

Thats not near as fun as hanging out with the ARFcom crew.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:14:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I can bring my EZ up 10X10 canopy if I come. Would there be any use for that? :D
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Is there any shelter or a burn barrel at the range? Its gonna be COLD! forecast is for a high of 8 degrees F.

I was gonna offer to bring my EZ up too, it has 3 sides that can be covered, although I'm not sure I have all the sides. That plus a propane heater would be a decent warming shelter.

Its not going to be a test of manhood, but a test FOR your manhood!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#27]
An EZ up would be great. It would make a decent windbreak, with or without a propane heater.
I don't know if there is a burning barrel at the range.
I see that we will have snow.
I will be sure to have the chains, and towstraps in case the sloped driveway claims any cars like last year.
Has anyone heard from Tattoo? I was wondering if he had gotten a hold of AJ about the shoot.
Hopefully there is a good turnout this year.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:43:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, I'm ready to go. nearly 1k rounds each of .223 and 7.62x39, 500 rounds of .45ACP. 3 1/2 guns.  Just gotta throw in car and see if I can find the place, and not get stuck in the snow anywhere!

John
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top