User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHO CO-ORDINATED THE PREVIOUS BLASTS THERE??

That Arfcommer is still MIA

Hey Bobby, how the heck are ya, btw, anyone hear from Rob?

He is smart, loving life liberty and his family in PA.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds good to me.

It would be great to get fellow Arfers together again.
Maybe some of the N.Y.er's could come on down this time.

Just as long as we don't get greeted by the powers that
be for a compliance check.
That would put a damper on a great day.

I'll bring a cooler full of cold drinks.

EL

Not trying to hi jack - but I'm not getting anywhere with this...

Hey - I was there with you guys although I'm sure everyone doesn't remember me.  But none the less I'm putting together a nice NJ-vs-PA shoot at Langhorn Rod and Gun Club.  The PA guys have good numbers on their side to choose from, so I need you men to represent NJ.

Check this out...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=315198

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=247814

J223...
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Not that I want to give them a break really, but our range 14 (in GA) which allows class III does not allow 50 BMG even though its an 800yd machine gun range. Has to do with the lack of impact area behind.

We do however, get a hold of a mil range for MG shoots and then we can play with the 50 BMG.

(Even more fun note, you have to go on post to reach the range so ... you guessed it .... Check the ID, random vehicle inspection .... Why yes it is a machine gun and a few thousand rounds of ammunition officer, thanks have a nice day :-)

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
you should try out CJR&PC its in Jackson down the road a few miles, there pretty cool with people,
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I joined this range in April after I was told that .50 was allowed. I went there yesterday with my new .50 Beowulf and was told no, only .50 black powder was allowed. I told him that was nice since I was told otherwise when I went in to join. So I went to a range in Delran and was able to shoot there. I guess you know who is getting my next membership.
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a current member, just renewed in September.  I will be happy to sponsor 2 AR15.com shooters.  LMK if you really want to have this happen.
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
ha nice comments
i havent been there in forever..heck if i get this POF 308 they might think its too much rifle...
that 50 i found was pristine btw and i still have it...
i miss the old days with the other RO
the guy that looked like samuel l jackson
i forgot his name
that lack of 50bmg is what really bums me
i cant believe they dont allow it
i miss having the wicked migraines after shooting it
i did on a lighter note get to try out a post sample mp5
recently...
its the most wicked thing ever
and i need to move to a state that allows civvies to own a fullauto sbr
i want one really badly now
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Those comments about .50 rifles is BS because i see people shooting 50 BMG down there every month. Maybe recently they changed it or something, that or one of the idiots that live there and dont work there told you that.

Ive been shooting down there for years and years. I shoot all kinds of "evil looking" rifles and i have never had any problems with these people. Ive had a few people ask me what i was shooting but all they said was DAMN THAT WAS LOUD.

I shoot down there usually every week, usually wearing an ARFCOM hat
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have been there numerous times and nobody has said a word about AR-15s and AK-47s. I have seen many other guys there with EBRs too. I have a feeling the management talked to the tower guy and he stopped.

We can try it. I would love to see some Arfcommers there. Ft. Dix is the only range that I can get to for rifle shooting.

The issue is not about AR15s and AKs. It's really about  Management Ignorance towards weapons such as the ever popular 1919a, which BTW was completely NJ compliant in this situation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 5:17:03 AM EDT
[#10]
are you sure about that...they recently questioned a friend of mine regarding his .338 lapua, and that is also a thumper of a round

Quoted:
Those comments about .50 rifles is BS because i see people shooting 50 BMG down there every month. Maybe recently they changed it or something, that or one of the idiots that live there and dont work there told you that.

Ive been shooting down there for years and years. I shoot all kinds of "evil looking" rifles and i have never had any problems with these people. Ive had a few people ask me what i was shooting but all they said was DAMN THAT WAS LOUD.

Link Posted: 9/9/2008 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#11]
It's not BS I was just there Sunday. I just shouldn't have asked, but I did and the girl behind the counter said .50 and below is fine and the man behind the couter said no, no, no in .50 only black powder, I argued with him and told him that when I joined the range in April the guy that was there said .50 was ok, and never spoke of black powder. I told him that it wasn't a .50 BMG and he didn't care. So I went to my local range which is smaller and they allowed it with no problem. The other guy at Range 14 kept going on about them being banned soon.

Link Posted: 9/9/2008 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
Sounds good to me.

It would be great to get fellow Arfers together again.
Maybe some of the N.Y.er's could come on down this time.

Just as long as we don't get greeted by the powers that
be for a compliance check.
That would put a damper on a great day.

I'll bring a cooler full of cold drinks.I'm in. I just joined range 14 a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
are you sure about that...they recently questioned a friend of mine regarding his .338 lapua, and that is also a thumper of a round

Quoted:

I really wonder who is doing the questioning because i shoot Contender pistols in 30-30, 357 maximum and other rifle calibers with a 10 inch fucking barrel and it wakes the whole neighborhood up. No one ever says anything, but i guess its because they know me and i shoot there every week
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's not BS I was just there Sunday. I just shouldn't have asked, but I did and the girl behind the counter said .50 and below is fine and the man behind the couter said no, no, no in .50 only black powder, I argued with him and told him that when I joined the range in April the guy that was there said .50 was ok, and never spoke of black powder. I told him that it wasn't a .50 BMG and he didn't care. So I went to my local range which is smaller and they allowed it with no problem. The other guy at Range 14 kept going on about them being banned soon.

That is so fucking stupid, it really is. So they are already planning ahead or something because what if they DONT ban them? They run that damn range so they should know all the laws and restrictions, but of course they dont. And if they DID know their stuff they wouldnt question the 1919s being shot down there because come on......DO YOU REALLY THING THATS A FUCKING FA MACHINE GUN?! Give me a break
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm thinking of getting a 1919 as my next toy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Let me say this:

FUCK RANGE 14!!!

We used to provide them with copious amounts of income when FMJunkie arranged the NJ Blasts there.

At the end, we had upwards of 40-45 people there once a quarter, all shelling out $15-20 a pop to shoot there for the day, not to mention the folks like myself who purchased memberships there @ $50.

The a-hole in the tower that called the cops son Fishpaw KNEW that his 1919 was NJ legal, as he had inquired about it before at previous Blast's. Yet he STILL called the cops on him, and he was damn lucky that he didn't get arrested that day for perfectly NJ legal firearms!

Fishpaw, even if you were willing to return, I could not in good conscience give those folks any of my money again...

The ONE place you would think that we(NJ residents) should be able to feel comfortable shooting is on a range...no less a federal institution!

I know opinions are like assholes, and I just gave you mine but I will never return to that range....ever!

And it appears that they are still screwed up in their policies.

Nope, I'll continue my boycott...even though I made great friends out of some of you and had nothing short of memorable times at the Blast's.
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let me say this:

FUCK RANGE 14!!!

We used to provide them with copious amounts of income when FMJunkie arranged the NJ Blasts there.

At the end, we had upwards of 40-45 people there once a quarter, all shelling out $15-20 a pop to shoot there for the day, not to mention the folks like myself who purchased memberships there @ $50.

The a-hole in the tower that called the cops son Fishpaw KNEW that his 1919 was NJ legal, as he had inquired about it before at previous Blast's. Yet he STILL called the cops on him, and he was damn lucky that he didn't get arrested that day for perfectly NJ legal firearms!

Fishpaw, even if you were willing to return, I could not in good conscience give those folks any of my money again...

The ONE place you would think that we(NJ residents) should be able to feel comfortable shooting is on a range...no less a federal institution!

I know opinions are like assholes, and I just gave you mine but I will never return to that range....ever!

And it appears that they are still screwed up in their policies.

Nope, I'll continue my boycott...even though I made great friends out of some of you and had nothing short of memorable times at the Blast's.

Sing it brother!  

I am half temped to drive out there tomorrow and play dumb and ask them some questions about joining.

And the last time I pulled a trigger was in Feb and I am having bad shakes lol.
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#18]
They won't get any more of my $$$$$
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 6:01:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The real shame is that Dix is the PERFECT(except being in NJ) place to have the Blasts.

It's a fairly central locale in the state and there is a ton of room

You can shoot targets at all different ranges up to 240 at the berm. They even allowed us to shoot junk targets as long as we cleaned up, which we always did.

A crying shame it is...
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The real shame is that Dix is the PERFECT(except being in NJ) place to have the Blasts.

You can shoot targets at all different ranges up to 240 at the berm. They even allowed us to shoot junk targets as long as we cleaned up, which we always did.

A crying shame it is...

+1 BTW, Is the Old Guy still up there or did his bones finally fall off the Tower
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A crying shame it is...

+1 BTW, Is the Old Guy still up there or did his bones finally fall off the Tower

If he is still in the tower, I'm calling it that he is a "Mummy"

You heard it here first....
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#22]
ahh the good ole days
it was fun for those that missed it
not to mention certain people winning raffles all the time
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A crying shame it is...

I prefer " Dummy"
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A crying shame it is...

I prefer " Dummy"

Well I was refering to his age, not his intellect
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah he is still in the tower on some days. Some days he isnt and its that tall skinny girl
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I agree, it’s a good range, centrally located, it's just badly managed, I’ve never been to one of the BLAST, but it sounds great!
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yeah he is still in the tower on some days. Some days he isnt and its that tall skinny girl

Is she HAWT
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#28]
I used to shoot there in the early 80's. After I joined CJRPC 20 years ago I never went back. I know I made the right decision.
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#29]
btt
Link Posted: 9/11/2008 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is she HAWT

decent
Link Posted: 9/11/2008 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I used to shoot there in the early 80's. After I joined CJRPC 20 years ago I never went back. I know I made the right decision.

yeah that place is nice and all but for what i want to do at a range, all that fancy shit i dont really need. I mean i pay 50 bucks a year at Ft Dix to go down, get my table, shoot and go home. No one ever bothers me. At the CJRPC it just seems like everyones always.....there... Seems like there is always somewhat of a crowd with no privacy. I could be wrong though, so dont take my word for that. The only reason why id choose that place of Ft Dix is because of the matches, those are always fun
Link Posted: 9/11/2008 4:25:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah that place is nice and all but for what i want to do at a range, all that fancy shit i dont really need. I mean i pay 50 bucks a year at Ft Dix to go down, get my table, shoot and go home. No one ever bothers me. At the CJRPC it just seems like everyones always.....there... Seems like there is always somewhat of a crowd with no privacy. I could be wrong though, so dont take my word for that. The only reason why id choose that place of Ft Dix is because of the matches, those are always fun

You wrong on so many levels about CJ I don't know where to start.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top