Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
+1 for Gun Dr. in Roselle...though still a bit high ($38) for each firearm, they do not care what kind of firearm it is or resembles. They will not however accept a firearm from a private party. They claim it's too risky. I also agree that the guy Arlington Heights Sporting Goods is a bit "different". Had a DW 1911 I bought from GB and he clearly would have rather I'd a bought it through him. Pretty easy 40 bucks I figure but I guess some of the FFL's would rather sell the firearm than just do the transfer.

Oh, so now Gun Dr. says it's too "risky".

The guy claimed that what I wanted to do was not legal. (I have the emails)

I think he is full of shit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Just look at it this way.  They're providing us a service.  If they don't want to provide the highest level of service, find someone else!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
bump,

I won't take sides...lots of nice FFLs out there, for sure as I've dealt with them and  My aunt/uncle r FFLs in New Orleans, or were FFLs...store looted out and smashed up hey  

So this is a really nice post cause now i know who to go to and who to avoid...(I've been demeaned and humiliated on the phone and in stores for asking simple questions about FFL transfers of a bolt gun from a dealer mind you).  i chalk it up to being behind the hick

Anyways... "not_so_clever" you posted that you live in the little diktator's he  

last thing you want is to be a poster boy for this little diktator, especially when their special squad checks on your purchase when you register your stuff...

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks man, I got a pretty good handle on the "guidelines" to the supression of my inalienables.

I think the third to last word in your post is the kicker.  

Just because I buy it, don't mean it lives there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 for Gun Dr. in Roselle...though still a bit high ($38) for each firearm, they do not care what kind of firearm it is or resembles. They will not however accept a firearm from a private party. They claim it's too risky. I also agree that the guy Arlington Heights Sporting Goods is a bit "different". Had a DW 1911 I bought from GB and he clearly would have rather I'd a bought it through him. Pretty easy 40 bucks I figure but I guess some of the FFL's would rather sell the firearm than just do the transfer.

Oh, so now Gun Dr. says it's too "risky".

The guy claimed that what I wanted to do was not legal. (I have the emails)

I think he is full of shit.

That or he wanted to business with other FFL's only. That's his right.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Never said otherwise. It's pretty well established that a lot will not.

However,  his claim to me that the sender had to ship through an FFL to my FFL here is not correct.

You the guy from Maxon?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top