Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I went there to buy a 1911. Walked out with NOTHING!
So, I'm gonna meet kentley up there tomorrow and try to buy something again......

I don't know what it is, I just can't seem to spend money anymore.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
GAcop,

Does your store carry Kimber? If so, can you get me a price on the Tactical Pro II.  Thanks.

Scot
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So, I'm gonna meet kentley up there tomorrow and try to buy something again......

~ s0ulzer0

Me too, glad I wasn't the only one...

Scot
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:06:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
GAcop,

Does your store carry Kimber? If so, can you get me a price on the Tactical Pro II.  Thanks.

Scot

We are a Kimber Dealer. I'll check the price and IM you Monday.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Guys I didn't make the show. I wanted to but Im over spent for a couple of months. I need good ammo and would like a few of them Brit mags.Ive seen them for $15 NIW .Is there anyone I can order them from rather than a gunshow.I seen Classic pawn have them for that. I know the show is my best bet but its hard for me to get out ( Children) and I work every other weekend.WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GAcop,

Scot

We are a Kimber Dealer. I'll check the price and IM you Monday.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Guys I didn't make the show. I wanted to but Im over spent for a couple of months. I need good ammo and would like a few of them Brit mags.Ive seen them for $15 NIW .Is there anyone I can order them from rather than a gunshow.I seen Classic pawn have them for that. I know the show is my best bet but its hard for me to get out ( Children) and I work every other weekend.WarDawg

Wardawg,
Best bet is to be patient and buy USGI 30 rdrs for $12 on EE.  I just missed out on a deal for 30 rdrs for $10.  The deals are getting better.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

I didn't see any great deals on 1911's either, but did finally break down and buy a Glock. I must have been the last person in the world who didn't own one. I found it like I do everything else, by checking the tables in the corners, in the dead end aisles without a lot of traffic, and in the back. The guys in the "prime" locations usually are too hard to deal with and too expensive.

Saw a LOT of Kimber's for sale--all seemed really expensive--both those on the tables and those being carried in the door.

I did see a guy all in black, wearing a Quality Parts hat. You?

I'd describe myself but, considering the lady who was with me, you wouldn't remember me if I had been 8 feet tall and wearing a grizzly bear suit....

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

I didn't see any great deals on 1911's either, but did finally break down and buy a Glock. I must have been the last person in the world who didn't own one. I found it like I do everything else, by checking the tables in the corners, in the dead end aisles without a lot of traffic, and in the back. The guys in the "prime" locations usually are too hard to deal with and too expensive.

Saw a LOT of Kimber's for sale--all seemed really expensive--both those on the tables and those being carried in the door.

I'd describe myself but, considering the lady who was with me, you wouldn't remember me if I had been 8 feet tall and wearing a grizzly bear suit....

So describe the lady then...
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

if the hat was on backwards - that was me.

Got a pic of the chick?

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if the hat was on backwards - that was me.

Got a pic of the chick?

~ s0ulzer0

Yep, it was you. I'll say hello next time.

Pic? No deal. But if they were to use her pic on the Eastman gun show billboards, the attendance would definitely go up.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Pic? No deal. But if they were to use her pic on the Eastman gun show billboards, the attendance would definitely go up.

So, is your sister seeing anyone?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, is your sister seeing anyone?  

Maybe I can talk "her" into cruising the next Marietta show with me on Saturday. Guess you'll just have to show up and see.

This show--Norcross--didn't seem to have as much buying or trading going on as usual. At least I didn't see it. Didn't see many people walking in with stuff to sell or trade either. Is it the Atlanta economy, or everybody just strapped with vacation and school expenses, or what?

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:34:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Yea, I noticed that too.  Actually, when I pulled into the parking lot at 09:45 I was worried.  The parking lot was nearly empty.  Plus there were no signs (at least none I noticed) advertising the show en route to the show like they normally have out.  For a minute there I thought they might not be having a show.

Another weird thing.  No dealers were willing to come down on any prices.  Not on ammo, guns or other gear.  Two dealers across the aisle from each other had the same SA 1911 for the same price.  Neither would budge even $5.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Two dealers across the aisle from each other had the same SA 1911 for the same price.  Neither would budge even $5.  Go figure.

They did when I went back on Sunday.
The SA WWII Milspec 1911 that was $399, the other dealer dropped it to $389.

The Defender I picked up that Sunday, everyone else was asking $699 (one guy wanted $800), I got it from Dixie for $655.

Sunday seems to be the day to go for the deals.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I think you're right.  Saturday seems to be the day for testing the waters.  Sunday they want to move product, especially ammo, because they don't want to move all that crap out.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#17]

You may be right. However, I've noticed dealers are more chatty on Saturday, and if they haven't done well on Saturday they're more grouchy and harder to deal with on Sunday.
Ammo and heavy stuff is definitely more negotiable on Sunday afternoon.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top