BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, this is where I stand.

I'm looking at the weather map.  I see a LOT of scattered stuff but no massive day long front line and unless we get something come up really fast from the south in the form of a low pressure system, it'll stay that way (weather used to be a hobby).

So, on Friday I will post an official cancellation if it looks like its going to suck.  I agree with Swingset on this one, not because I mind shooting in the rain, but with 20 guys squeezing under a single tarp it simply won't work.

And part of the fun is the bonfire I have planned as well...and the beers following the shoot.

The reschedule date will be either May 22 and 23 OR June 18 and 19.

If it is cancelled but some of you, like Cincylance want to shoot, send me an email at durandal @ fuse.net and let me know who is still in.  Even if its just one of you, I'll still go down.  I scheduled the time off with the girlfriend and might as well make use of it.  :)  In this case Sunday would be a cancellation all around.

So, its not cancelled YET.  Though it may be.

If it is, its rescheduled, check the dates and let me know which is better for you folks.

Friday evening, check your email for confirmation.

If any of you have questions or concerns email me privately or air them here in the forum.
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Swingset, maybe you could pray tonight that God give you rain or snow this weekend. That ought to fix things for sure

You may be right...I'll ask the big guy for hail and sleet. Matter of fact, I'll devise an elaborate excuse for having such weather and rely on it....then it will surely be sunny and warm.
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
There ya go.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 1:14:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I can handle a little nasty weather. I also have an easy up as do Eddie, Lance  and Randy. Maybe even a few others do. So unless it's a total washout I'll be there.
I'd say the May date would be a good choice.  The June date is too close to Bullet Fest.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 3:46:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't do June.  The 18th and 19th are the dates of the Lock, Stock and Barrel machinegun shoot East of Cincinnati.  I have two spots reserved there for the SWOT2 guys, that's "Southwest Ohio Title 2" guys, NFAers, machinegunners, nut-jobs, you get the idea.  
Hopefully most of the people here are going to be at the June Machinegun Shoot, since it's their first year.  It would be nice to get a big shoot going closer to home.

Also, the Indiana subgun match is the week before and Bulletfest is the week after.  

I think we'll be OK this weekend as long as you're above the river level still.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
If you still have room count me in Bill
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#7]
tag.    loveland, oh here
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, I just checked the weather.

We are still on.  Rescheduling as some have pointed out will be a bitch.

Weather is looking better and better compared to yesterday and earlier this week.

I still plan on camping unless its pouring down rain at 8 PM.

So, anyone that is still interested in setting up earlier (tent-wise) or want to help out on some last minute target set-up, I'll be down around 10:30 AM.

Email me if you are planning on coming down early so I know when to expect you.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#9]

I think we'll be OK this weekend as long as you're above the river level still.  

The Miami River has gone down a couple inches actually.  Barring any massive dump North of here like we had at Easter, things will be fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I can handle a little nasty weather. I also have an easy up as do Eddie, Lance  and Randy. Maybe even a few others do. So unless it's a total washout I'll be there.

Feel free to bring them if you like.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feel free to bring them if you like.

I have an EZup too, I'll bring it.

I'm planning on being there around 10:30 or 11, btw. I'll be glad to help out however I can.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
i will bring my easy up and does any one have a 357 I have some ammo i can bring. its 38 +P+.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I do not know if I be there,   but.....

The parts dept fella asked  if we would like a couple trunk lids for targets... they arrived from the parts depot to here at the dealership with some sort of freight damage, so they will not sell them.

Soooo,  somebody with a pick-up truck would need to stop by and get them (across the street from Hara), and I have 2 lids here at the house to donate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]
If its on I'll be there, probably not bring as much as I would if it was dry but not a problem.   twckxbzd I can bring a the 357 if you want to shoot up your ammo, can't honestly remember the last time it was out of lockup, always seem to run out of room in the car and time at the range.

Link Posted: 4/27/2005 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll be there around noon.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i will bring my easy up and does any one have a 357 I have some ammo i can bring. its 38 +P+.

I've got a snub-nosed .357 I'll be bringing.  It's the wfeys new house gun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

i have a 6 inch 357

if im there sunday, it will be with me  

id like to try some 38 +P
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll try for 11.00am, I might try and swipe the in-laws truck.
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#20]
How far off the beaten path are we talking about?  Should I stick to a four wheeled vehicle or will two street wheels get me back there?
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I spread freshly cut wood chips around in the muddy areas today.

Plenty of places to park.  You have a 200 yard long sloped gravel drive.  At the base is parking as well as all along the sides of it.  In the lower field is more parking.  I drove my Explorer around on the lower spot in 2 wheeled drive.

You should not have any problems.

For anyone showing up early...

The only help I need right now looks to be setting up the 10x20 and provide a single run as a taxi back down to the farm proper ('bout half of a mile) so I can get the Mule and my ammo...

We had no rain today till about 7 PM, even then it was only spitting.  Looking at the weather report we should actually have a good day for shooting both Saturday AND Sunday,  The range will be a little muddy, but that is about it.

I also built the bon-fire tonight...five cargo skids, a christmas tree, half a bale of hay, and about 300 pounds of logs.

So, for those that will be camping...it will be quite cozy around the fire...
...after the inferno.
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet! Tracer fire, towering inferno, food and booze to celebrate it.

Weather looks to be clearing especially by Saturday night so I'll be pitching my tent...add me to the list!
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh, I am going to nix the chili and just do burgers.

I have enough to worry about right now.

And Swingset...I'll bring some tasty micro-bres down to share.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Man, don't waste micro brews on swingset - he's a Green Lite man.

Give 'um to me!  
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 5:33:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Oh man...
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#26]
The Saturday AR15.com gang:

Geezah
Swingset
AW4Ever
tz99
JohnnyMcEldoo
RedLeg
CincyLance
Ky_Bob
coppercollarworker
Kryten
twckxbzd  (what the heck is that anyway?)
fireplug01
NukeThemTillTheyGlow
SBR7_11  (maybe)
MRW

Add me and our gracious host and you get 18 fine upstanding, right-thinking Americans, or something like that.  

I was just curious as to the expected turnout, so I counted and thought I'd share.

I gotta work tomorrow morning so coming down early is out for me, sorry.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2005 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The Saturday AR15.com gang:

Geezah
Swingset
AW4Ever
tz99
JohnnyMcEldoo
RedLeg
CincyLance
Ky_Bob
coppercollarworker
Kryten
twckxbzd  (what the heck is that anyway?)
fireplug01
NukeThemTillTheyGlow
SBR7_11  (maybe)
MRW

Add me and our gracious host and you get 18 fine upstanding, right-thinking Americans, or something like that.  

I was just curious as to the expected turnout, so I counted and thought I'd share.

I gotta work tomorrow morning so coming down early is out for me, sorry.  

I think there will be a few from Military Photos.Net that will be showing up as well, but the thread went abit cold over there.

Link Posted: 4/29/2005 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#28]
D_C and I are a 50/50 for Sat.  I've got to work that night, but I'm going to try and at least get out early.  Any guess as to what time ya'll be sitting around the fire?  I'd like to have a few brews and meet some of you finally
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Man, don't waste micro brews on swingset - he's a Green Lite man.

Give 'um to me!  

I think you misunderstand my finely tuned beer drinking methodology.

I have, through years of monk-like study and demanding physical workouts, trained my constitution to be fooled by the sappy, watery swill you call "cheap beer", and when I guzzle down a Green Light or Milwaukee's Best, my palette is convinced that I am sampling the finest golden hops a micro brew can whip up.

Conversely, when I drink very expensive niche brews, I have trained my taste buds to believe that I am drinking common milktoast convenient store ale. I am not impressed as a result, and return to my cheap booze.

It is, you realize, a genius scheme that ensures I spend $5 per week on beer whilst the beer snobs spend $15 or more. That's a difference of over $500 per year, and I spend that extra money on ammunition.

Who's the smart guy, huh? Me! That's right! ME!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks crappy out but hasnt rained alot. The radio reports showers off and on in different areas but I'll be there for sure. Id rather shoot in wet gloomy weather than be cutting the grass or working.

there is no spoon  
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#32]
It's still a go then?
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Its on....

Even the Mexicans dumping wood chips in parking spaces is not going to ruin this.

*I'll explain tomorrow*

Add to the list four or five friends of mine.  A couple will camp and a couple are coming down on Sunday.

Didn't really rain down there at all...just a slight mist as I was leaving.

Mags are loaded and guns are cleaned.

I'll be down 10 AM-ish...to unlock the gate and start the set up.

Right now I am off to my girlfriend's place.

See you all tomorrow!

Richard
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#34]
GRRRRR.... I just started a new job Tues. and they have me scheduled all weekend. I built my first AR awhile ago and still haven't fired the sucker!
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Well my STAG build hasn't worked out like I thought, I'm still waiting on the 40L and I have a Eotech on it's way.

I'm somewhat pumped plus the it's not as far as I thought, it's going to take about an hour to get there
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Im almost packed up. Need to get some breakfest goodies tomorrow. IF anyone wants to pitch in on omlette stuff bring it. I'll bring eggs, an onion and tomatos, burner and cooking utensils. Sausage and bacon would be good too. I'll bring a couple spare tarps in case we need to put up a creative shelter or something.

Rain will not spoil my weekend.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm geared up. Have my camping stuff packed, the quad is on the trailer, guns are cased, mags are loaded, beer is in the cooler (good beer, I might add).

I'm ready for rain, I prepared extensively including wearing my speedos under my clothes in case I need to swim....this ensures we will have dry weather. You can thank me later.

Should take me 3 hours to get there, but it's worth it. Had nothing at all going on this weekend.

I also have a large tent, so if anyone needs or wants to bunk up, feel free. I'll wear something sexy.

See ya guys!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#38]
My tent is setup for rain too and is quite a big manly sized tent. Swingset, dont forget that 22 upper. Red-leg, Ive got your ana...I mean surefire cleaned and packed up

A tip I learned at a prior arfcom campout which some of you may find useful: your never too old to use baby wipes
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
A tip I learned at a prior arfcom campout which some of you may find useful: your never too old to use baby wipes

That from having to clean up the uh... recycled beer huh?

Geezah, my lower aint quite working out the right way either.  Rear take down pin kind of tight for you?  Thats the only thing killing me on mine.. now if I could sit down and figure WTF i'm doing wrong :)

Link Posted: 4/29/2005 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
D_C and I are a 50/50 for Sat.  I've got to work that night, but I'm going to try and at least get out early.  Any guess as to what time ya'll be sitting around the fire?  I'd like to have a few brews and meet some of you finally

Id guess between 8 and 9 especially if its cloudy like today was.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#41]
The gear and guns are in the truck. Just need to stop and pick up Judy in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Geezah, my lower aint quite working out the right way either.  Rear take down pin kind of tight for you?  Thats the only thing killing me on mine.. now if I could sit down and figure WTF i'm doing wrong :)

I completed my lower tonight, I had a bit of a problem with the front takedown pin, gettign the bloody thing in place but I worked it out after shooting the pin across the room a couple of times.

I quite pleased with the way it turned out , I'm just kicing myself for selling the #40 to replace  it with a #40L, I could always take it off one of my other ARs but then I'd have two to sight in.

Oh well, I'll be getting some 9mm in the morning, still haven't decidced on what I'm going to bring, not that I have that many, also it's p!ssing down with rain at the moment

I'll check first thing in th emorning to make sure it's still a go.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I completed my lower tonight, I had a bit of a problem with the front takedown pin, gettign the bloody thing in place but I worked it out after shooting the pin across the room a couple of times.

Mine is fine except it just doesn't want to mesh the real takedown pin with any of my 3 uppers.  sure I know thats and excuse to get a 4th  Retrieving the pin after escape can drive ya nuts
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 2:20:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't know how long I'll be able to stay, but I will be there (duty calls).
I should be bringing the following:
45 Pistol
P-38 Pistol (WWII Issue)
Bushmaster AR-15
G-3
Polish AKM Underfolder
Ak-74
FN-49

Link Posted: 4/30/2005 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#45]
I steering towards bringing the following,

AK-47(WASR-10)
Bushy Dissy
Sig P239
Mossy 500A

I'm more worried about everything getting wet.

Link Posted: 4/30/2005 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Can you say "GREAT TIME"!

Link Posted: 4/30/2005 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I would think it was.    

My wife has been sick (sinus & throat), she spent part of afternoon in bed, so I got to watch the kids. I did get to run over to Fish & Game, and dumped 3 mags through the MAC, to test with the modified  bolt being cut to accept 40 S&W, ran 9mm fine so far.

Lets hear more, and see some pics.   Did #93  bring the acetylene tank and shoot it?
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Very nice time.   Even if it did get chilly there at the end.  Thanks for the great time Richard.  Great place for a shoot.    Lots of cool toys and nothing like getting the chance to mix pistols and rifles just by switching ranges and not having to worry about skipping things out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks everyone. Thanks Richard, for the hospitality.

I think my highlight of the days was shooting tracers at 500+ yards in the gravel pit.
The low point of the day was defintely when my Valmet bit the dust. Luckily, I have the parts to fix 'er.

Please be sure to let me know when the next shoot is going to be! I'll bring other toys to the next one.

Cincylance

Link Posted: 5/1/2005 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Yesterday rocked, once again things like this remind me why I love America and the freedoms we have
Page / 3
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top