Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Listen to 95.9 the ranch a bit here in Iraq,     been to a few of thier gigs,    Also   did a gig down in college station a couple years ago,  got to see robert earl Keen  been to city limits in Stephenville to catch some of the bands,

Austin has a station like the ranch  but with a few more indy artist.  Then there was one in College station that had Real indy artist,    heard songs like  "shootin stuff"  by who the hell knows who,  Idgy Vaughn  real un-heard of people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Havn't posted here in a long time. Hello to all you old Texas guy's and gal's. I've been back in Iraq working for some time now. There is a Texas country singer by the name of Matt Rawls. He worked over here doing the same thing I'm doing. He worked long enough so that he could take several years off and try to make it as a singer. I really like his music. You can look him up at www.mattrawls.com His band is called Counterfeit. He is a Marine, shooter, all around great guy as well as a damm good singer. If you get the chance, buy his CD, and go see him in person. I know he's in the Austin Country Scene. He's the real deal. There are several guy's still walking around because of his bravery. Semper, John
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Its about all I listen to with the exception of Jamey Johnson.

Lets not forget...

Jarrod Birmingham
Tommy Alverson
Ed Burleson
Doug Sahm
Jerry Jeff Walker
Doug Moreland
Gary P Nunn
Randy Brown
Eleven Hundred Springs
Houston Marchman
Zona Jones

and the greatest of all time...Billy Joe Shaver

YUP dead on right there!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I suppose I could work up a good bad cover rant here, but it just wouldn't be the same without being able to hear masterpiece immediately following my diatribe.  I'm still looking for an outlet.....anybody got any ideas?

Bad Cover Brian

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Every bachelor needs to have this song in his collection

Rodney Parker
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Listen to 95.9 the ranch a bit here in Iraq,     been to a few of thier gigs,    Also   did a gig down in college station a couple years ago,  got to see robert earl Keen  been to city limits in Stephenville to catch some of the bands,

Austin has a station like the ranch  but with a few more indy artist.  Then there was one in College station that had Real indy artist,    heard songs like  "shootin stuff"  by who the hell knows who,  Idgy Vaughn  real un-heard of people.

thanks...listening now

And you kids need have some respect for a few more Texans you might not have heard of: Moe Bandy, Mickey Newbury, Guy Clark, and Townes Van Zandt.

Look'em up.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
92.5 Outlaw listener here. I even listen to the lesser known in the Texas music industry. Yall should check out bands like Spur 503 and Zack Walther and the Cronkites, New Braunfels boy whose great grandpa started Walther Arms, Aaron Navarro, Mike Ethan Messick, who wrote the song Everclear that Roger Creager sings. Even got some close friends whose kids formed a band out of Beaumont called Slow Rollin Lows. Lead singer sounds like a young Cody Canada and writes his own material.  Almost any Texas/Red Dirt artist can be checked out at lonestarmusic.com
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I was supposed to see Randy Rogers at Floore's on Saturday.  I checked and their were 700 tickets left on wednesday afternoon.  I called up some friends, got a firm headcount of 6 of us going.  I went to the website first thing Thursday morning to buy tickets and they were all sold out.  Still pretty pissed about that.  At least Lonestar State Jam is in 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:17:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Mark David Manders, John Evans, Wayne "The Train" Hancock haven't been mentioned yet.  My favorite Non-Texan Texas musician of all time is Chris Knight.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Bob Wills is still the king.

-Waylon Jennings
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top