Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:25:36 AM EDT
[#1]
@Brandi Sure, the bill becomes effective the moment he signs it. While bills in Ga. often have a July 1st effective date, this one has a clause that makes it law the moment it is signed by the governor. Pretty unusual for a gun bill in Atlanta, but Kemp needed all the votes he could buy before the Primary on May 24th.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Very interesting, much thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
You're welcome.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to ask this earlier, sorry.  Is open carry also allowed under this law?  I know in OK they included open carry specifically to keep people from being charged if the gun printed under clothing or if the gun became visible due to wind or some there reason that lifted a cover garment.  When dealing with liberals who will try anything, it's best to cover all the bases.

Edit: I found a source that said it includes open as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Brian "Cagle" Kemp has signed SB 319 (permit-less carry) and HB 218 (universal permit recognition), after killing SB 259 (shooting range protection/church carry/online WCL applications) and refusing to pass any pro-gun legislation for 4 years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Did we lose anything under this bill? I haven't found anything yet, but I'm not a lawyer and am not done reading it. https://www.billtrack50.com/BillDetail/1354099
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did we lose anything under this bill? I haven't found anything yet, but I'm not a lawyer and am not done reading it. https://www.billtrack50.com/BillDetail/1354099
View Quote
We didn't lose anything but we came close. Anti-gun former Attorney General Sam Olens lobbied very hard on behalf of himself and the Georgia World Congress Center Authority to include language that would have opened up a number of locations to being off limits. Thankfully, gun owners made their voices heard and we were able to have the language stripped back out in committee.

The permitting system remains in place as well, for those who wish to have one for reciprocity, etc.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We didn't lose anything but we came close. Anti-gun former Attorney General Sam Olens lobbied very hard on behalf of himself and the Georgia World Congress Center Authority to include language that would have opened up a number of locations to being off limits. Thankfully, gun owners made their voices heard and we were able to have the language stripped back out in committee.

The permitting system remains in place as well, for those who wish to have one for reciprocity, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Luke! I need to get off my ass and help.

Have you done poll watching during the elections?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top