Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
In reality you're almost at a stand still until they exceed the 30 days.

On day 31 you could be in court asking that the court compel the PO to issue the CPL.

Before then you could call the Department of Licensing and see if they have anything in hard copy that will convince the Bremerton PO that they are FOS with their business day interpretation.
www.dol.wa.gov/ppu/firfaq.htm

You do fall into the 30 day group right?  As in you have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card and you have been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days?  By checking I'm just crossing the Ts here.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^^^^   I most certainly fall into the 30 day group (over 25 years) and I have a valid WA drivers licence...  Hell, I don't have my CPL, but I walked into Mary's Pistols with XD dreams and walked out with my new "black gun" the same night.  Thats gotta show that NICS trusts me... (Pix in a new thread to come tomorrow night)

Thanx again for the info, Phil
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

, this is defintiely not how it works.  The government has absolutley no duty what so ever to protect you as an individual, or to make sure that you have the means to protect yourself, from harm by another person's criminal act.  If you believe you could sue a law enforcement agency for "failing to give you the lawfull means to protect yourself" in any way, you are wrong.

the government has no duty to protect me? be it as an individual or not? whatever that's supposed to mean... please explain why the government has no responsibility in protecting its citizens. go ahead and explain. oh, what's that? you can't?

you should not have taken what i said so seriously, i was pretty much being sarcastic, basing what i was saying loosely on "if's" and "but's", but i guess i have to defend myself. If it is required for a person to be told they can or can not carry a gun within a given amount of time, and that requirement is NOT fulfilled, the responsible party is liable for any negative consequences which stem from their Neglect or Disregard for their own procedures, ESPECIALLY when such negative consequences could have been avoided or deferred. Law enforcement agencies are sued ALL THE TIME. cops and their superiors often abuse their powers, or neglect to use their powers when they should, and very often are disciplined for it in court when a civilian is involved. So anyway, you're wrong.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

, this is defintiely not how it works.  The government has absolutley no duty what so ever to protect you as an individual, or to make sure that you have the means to protect yourself, from harm by another person's criminal act.  If you believe you could sue a law enforcement agency for "failing to give you the lawfull means to protect yourself" in any way, you are wrong.

the government has no duty to protect me? be it as an individual or not? whatever that's supposed to mean... please explain why the government has no responsibility in protecting its citizens. go ahead and explain. oh, what's that? you can't?

you should not have taken what i said so seriously, i was pretty much being sarcastic, basing what i was saying loosely on "if's" and "but's", but i guess i have to defend myself. If it is required for a person to be told they can or can not carry a gun within a given amount of time, and that requirement is NOT fulfilled, the responsible party is liable for any negative consequences which stem from their Neglect or Disregard for their own procedures, ESPECIALLY when such negative consequences could have been avoided or deferred. Law enforcement agencies are sued ALL THE TIME. cops and their superiors often abuse their powers, or neglect to use their powers when they should, and very often are disciplined for it in court when a civilian is involved. So anyway, you're wrong.  

And you're even...wronger.

it's been proven time and time again that Law Enforcement does not protect the individuals, they protect the community/society as a whole.

Your spewing forth of contractual law liar-speak is impressive, but the argument only would work if we are talking about a hired bodyguard.

Sorry bubba- again, nice legal-dribble, but no cigar.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:21:35 AM EDT
[#5]
im not sure what you mean by "liar-speak". i've no need to lie. the reply i made wasn't to you, im sure the guy can fight his own battles wouldnt you agree? it's funny that what you think is right and the absolute truth, but what someone else thinks is wrong? you say nothing to prove your point, just tell me i'm wrong? at least back yourself up by explaining your thoughts. i believe you've taken this even further off topic and you've even seemed to avoid the topic entirely. anyway here's another example

The last thing the police Captain wants to hear about is an article in the paper and a story on the eleven o' clock News detailing the robbery/assault downtown saturday night that left a man in a coma. The victem, whom had applied for a concealed carry permit, was still awaiting approval from the Bremerton Police Dept. It seems that the 30 day mark has come to pass, so our victem was left unable to defend himself from his assailants. No doubt his family could only wonder how the events would have unfolded had 'so and so' been given the O.K. to carry a concealed weapon. whether it would go to court or not doesnt matter. i was simply saying, and jokingly so, that the victem could be entitled to a compensation and no doubt there would be a public speech explaining the circumstances.
The Media would somehow turn this into a Public Relations nightmare for the PD. I know because i watch the Shield on FX.

Ok, i dont know how likely such a scenario would be, but if there is any damn chance of that ever happening somewhere, sometime, dont tell me im wrong.

i believe the first reply i got from YOPD could have been done in a much more respectful manner, which is also the only reason i got into it. i'm sure no one would argue with that, maybe keeping in mind that it did start off as an off-the-wall, sarcastic theory.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Fine.  RockoZ, can we keep to topic in this thread?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#7]
When I lived in Federal Way, I was told that I could come in the next day to get mine. I told them going in that I was going on a camping trip in a few days and was there any way to get my CPL in a quick turnaround. The lady cop said she would have the check run asap, and if all came clean, the admin staff would type up my permit and I could get it over the counter. That was simply outstanding.

When I moved to Redmond a few years back, it took about a 2 weeks to get it in the mail.

Now that I'm in the sumner area, my replacement took 4 business days.

Somethings wrong in Bremerton, but perhaps its heightened security due to the proximity of the naval bases.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]

AssaultPossum:  Sounds like they did not wait to get results back from your finger prints?

Similar to mine. Perhaps they feel comfortable with a general background check, but if the fingerprints come back with a hit, then they DO know where the applicant lives...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
im not sure what you mean by "liar-speak". i've no need to lie. the reply i made wasn't to you, im sure the guy can fight his own battles wouldnt you agree?

I can fight my own "Keyboard Komando" problems, but is it wrong to have someone step up for you?  Maybe you just don't like being told you are wrong, espcially when you are, and by more than one person?  You're gonna have to get over that, and quick.

Matt45 can say and do whatever he wants to within the rules of the site.  I am honored that he decided to step up for me in this case.  You should feel the same if he did that for you.  Thanks, Matt45!

i believe the first reply i got from YOPD could have been done in a much more respectful manner, which is also the only reason i got into it. i'm sure no one would argue with that, maybe keeping in mind that it did start off as an off-the-wall, sarcastic theory.

You're sarcasm was not obvious.

Are you old enough to cry in your beer, or would that get you an MIP ticket?  I'm being too harsh and disrespectful?  [r]Life is harsh and disrespectful![/r]  The police are not going to protect you, most of them generally don't care to much about anything other than staying out of trouble and not getting hurt.  Most cops lose much of the idealism that may have sent them to that career in the first few months on the job.  I really don't know where you came up with this stuff, but all the "theories" you can think up about this fantasy you have of "police protection" and the possibility of suing for "not protecting citizens" has already been discussed, argued, sued over in many courts, and has been shot down in brilliant flames into a smoky pile of ashes every time.

Maybe you should go see A Human Right to have a better understanding of how this thing some call "crime and self defense" and "law enforcement protection" really works.  Or, you can just keep 911 on your speed dial and pray for mercy.  Either way, I really don't care, but you should try not to take me too personally.  I do not bother to try to detect a tender ego on a public internet forum, and I won't cater to one, either.  Post at your own peril!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i was simply saying, and jokingly so, that the victem could be entitled to a compensation and no doubt there would be a public speech explaining the circumstances.
The Media would somehow turn this into a Public Relations nightmare for the PD. [r]I know because i watch the Shield on FX.[/r]

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Or, you can just keep 911 on your speed dial and pray for mercy.

Call me...

I dare ya!.

RocoZ, I see it everyday, and you have a lot to learn... The Police/Sheriffs Dept./whatever, Do not have any obligation to protect you or your family. It has been passed down by the courts, and any fool can tell you that is the way it is. It is IMPOSSIBLE for LE to be able to protect you and everyone else.

Now you want to see that change?...

I would start by untraining everyone and his brother to call 9-1-1 everytime they get their feelings hurt.  I would say that less than 30% of the call's I take are true,honest calls that would need a Police/Sheriffs Office responce.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RockoZ...I suggest you read Warren v_ District of Columbia,  and Castle Rock v. Gonzalez. <<< I especially recommend reading the Gonzalez case, that particularly heinous crime was  preventable.

Here's a link citing another 20 or so cases where it was decided that police have no duty to protect an individual: flyservers.com/members5/policecrime.com/policeprotection.html
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#13]
YOPD has started threatening me in Instant Messages he's sent. i do take these threats very seriously, being as this is the hometown forum. i dont need anyone saying "not everyone has to be nice" or something along those lines, these are true threats, not some little hissy fit he's acustomed to throwing. its sad to see this group get so worked up over a 23 year old just making conversation. if anyone has any balls, theyll walk away from this discussion like i am.

yeah go ahead and pick apart this thread, make sure you use the "quote button". here's some ammo for you...tell me i can't take criticism or something like that. yeah well you're not getting the threats.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#15]
What the hell happened in HERE!?  

Anyway....Did 9millie's daughter get her permit yet? We need a poll.  "who will get their permit first, 9millie's daughter or Rune75"  

ETA:  Well, this is probably not the place for it...I'll do it elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
YOPD has started threatening me in Instant Messages he's sent. i do take these threats very seriously, being as this is the hometown forum. i dont need anyone saying "not everyone has to be nice" or something along those lines, these are true threats, not some little hissy fit he's acustomed to throwing. its sad to see this group get so worked up over a 23 year old just making conversation. if anyone has any balls, theyll walk away from this discussion like i am.

yeah go ahead and pick apart this thread, make sure you use the "quote button". here's some ammo for you...tell me i can't take criticism or something like that. yeah well you're not getting the threats.

Wow.  Just, wow.  What a vivid imagination.

Quoted:
Please forward the threatening IMs to me.

They do not exist.

Quoted:

Quoted:
. if anyone has any balls,

I'm your man.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally IM'd By RockoZ:  i can post whatever i'd like in the forum. got a problem with it? find another website.

i dont need you and 5 other people ganging up on me, just defending myself from an a$$hat***  named YOPD

***I edited it.

I dont give a crap.  I called you out specifically because you are the only one with the dissenting opinion here... in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with what the OP was asking.

I just want to get information on something that might infringe upon my rights at the state level.  If you guys want to have this discussion, I think everyone here can agree that you need to make a new thread for it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's something for all of you direct from WAZZU. Rune75, you sound like a typical apprentice with all your whining.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
img485.imageshack.us/img485/6708/cheese6px.jpg

Just FYI, YOPD luvs pancakes, and cheese!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted: Rune75, you sound like a typical apprentice with all your whining.  
 Helper, actually.  And, as much as I love Havarti, I think that award goes to RockoZ  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Mine usually always kept mine the full 30 days.

Last time when I called them I was surpried they told me (at 25 days or so), "We wont mail it until 30, but if you are in the nieghborhood you can stop ina nd we will give it to you now."

And then when I got there they gave me an armfull of trigger locks. "We saw the list of handguns".

WTF? Where did thy find the list of handguns?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine usually always kept mine the full 30 days.

Last time when I called them I was surpried they told me (at 25 days or so), "We wont mail it until 30, but if you are in the nieghborhood you can stop ina nd we will give it to you now."

And then when I got there they gave me an armfull of trigger locks. "We saw the list of handguns".

WTF? Where did thy find the list of handguns?

From the State Application to transfer pistol or revolver, that all dealers fill out when transfering a handgun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

im not sure what you mean by "liar-speak".

That's 'cause you're young. Here's a clue for ya- Say "liar", then say "lawyer"- repeat as necessary, until you "get it".

the reply i made wasn't to you, im sure the guy can fight his own battles wouldnt you agree?

Nope. I don't agree. You see, it's generally regarded as classified information, but I exsist here on ARFCom solely to to be in the middle of any confrontational thread./  

you say nothing to prove your point, just tell me i'm wrong? at least back yourself up by explaining your thoughts.

I didn't have to back up a fact regarded as well known by the adults here on this forum.

The last thing the police Captain wants to hear

Someone's been watching waaaaaaaaaay too much....
I know because i watch the Shield on FX....nevermind.

Feeling butt-hurt that you got stomped on is natural. Most everyone who replied to you was trying to educate you, even if they were giving you a hard time.

Check it out- Drop the Interent tough guy routine, stick around, and ask questions- Good bad, dumb, seemingly stupid-whatever...if you truly don't know the answer, there is most likely someone here that does, or at least you're going to hear several different opinions. You might not like some of them, but you'll definetly get the devil's advocate version.
Knowledge is power, but the moment you think you know it all, you've lost any power you might have had.

BTW- My wife had her permit in 14 working days from application, in Spokane Co.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Check it out- Drop the Interent tough guy routine, stick around, and ask questions- Good bad, dumb, seemingly stupid-whatever...if you truly don't know the answer, there is most likely someone here that does, or at least you're going to hear several different opinions. You might not like some of them, but you'll definetly get the devil's advocate version.
Knowledge is power, but the moment you think you know it all, you've lost any power you might have had.

Yea, we tell Matt he's an idiot on a regular basis!  It's the circle of life, Simba.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, we tell Matt he's an idiot on a regular basis!  It's the circle of life, Simba.

That's usually after beer #26. I usually have an excuse, y'know.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess Im YODP's butt buddy?!?!?!?

Am I the only one that got nasty IM's from this kid?

Sure is a lot like the IM's Iused to get from Fresky Ferrit..

RocoZ I guess I got schooled by you!

But if you are looking for a tuff guy to bring it onto...

I'll be your hukleberry!...

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Go watch the movie again Nancyboy...

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Dont you have anything better to do?...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Go get your gallbladder fixed before I have to buy more pins.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#30]
How did I miss this thread?

I also got mine in about 30 days including weekends but Im sure it was close to the mid month like PCR said. I applied in Tacoma.

and last but not least;

Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
Kate: You don't even know him.
Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

I loved that line. In fact there are a bunch of great quotes from that movie that Doc had. Kilmer had a great character in that movie.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Go get your gallbladder fixed before I have to buy more pins.

www.abaxion.com/pt80.htm
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
[
Oldfloppyears: I meet with the surgeon in the morning.  

Meeting to discuss surgery or for surgery itself?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
How many times and people  does it take to tell one person the same thing?

87 times by 87 different people.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

So save your money or pick a new organ.

Bunny, Go get an anatomical doll and start stuffing softballs into the nut sack..

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So save your money or pick a new organ.

Bunny, Go get an anatomical doll and start stuffing softballs into the nut sack
snip and tuck inside.

Damn!  Two in less than 30 minutes and in the HTF!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Again my CPL saga. . .

Walked into Snohomish County Sheriff's office in July 1999 with a couple of other gun-loving friends, ten fingers, a MIL ID (DD Form 2), NJ Driver's License and $60.  They didn't like the idea of my address being an FPO, so we had 'em type it up as 2000 W. Marine View Drive, Everett.  I self-addressed the envelope to my ship (FPO AP).  It took a little over a week for the CPL to get to NAVSTA Everett by way of San Francisco, CA.  Sheriff Rick Bart & Co. had blessed my CPL next day.

About two years later, King County Sheriff had no problem changing my address to a Seattle address.  $10 and 15 minutes later, I was on my way to the Capitol Hill Kinko's to get it laminated.

In 2003, my CPL petered out.  The day it expired, I went to the Black Diamond P.D. to get it renewed.  The Chief of Police and another officer  told me it would take 30 days.  I replied that I didn't think it would take that long, since the initial investigation was completed in 1999 in a day.  The very next day, the civilian secretary called me to notify me that my CPL was good to go.  When I went to pick it up, the Chief told me something like, "I told you it was going to be 30 days".  I replied that so-and-so told me it was ready.  The Chief went away, checked her desk and lo and behold, it was ready.  From the look on the Chief's face and the same officer that was there the day before, they were astounded.  Nothing like being in a small town where the P.D. thinks you're special--and not in a short-bus kind of way!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
No no all we do is talk about this, we don't actually do anything.

You gotta be shitting me!...

Im starting to think that you and TBD do really have the same doc.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#40]
 Pretty average here. Got it in 31 day's
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Clark County SO, took 2 1/2 weeks.  Figured it might, didn't bother me.  It will be interesting to see if there is a difference when it comes time to renew.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top