Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
My Primary Ballot has about 87 choices for Blunt's senate seat. The quote, "Vote against Eric Robert Greitens" doesn't really help with the choices.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And from that partial interview (that doesn't even include the question that was asked of him--just his response) you inferred that he is totally against SAPA and "relentlessly attacked it"?  

Sounds to me like he was for most of it--especially when he brought up 30rnd mags--he just takes issue with the one part about LEO.  Either way, a few days later he clarified that he supports SAPA.  So, believe what you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did listen to it.

Interview

And from that partial interview (that doesn't even include the question that was asked of him--just his response) you inferred that he is totally against SAPA and "relentlessly attacked it"?  

Sounds to me like he was for most of it--especially when he brought up 30rnd mags--he just takes issue with the one part about LEO.  Either way, a few days later he clarified that he supports SAPA.  So, believe what you want.

Why do you have such a hard on for this guy?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I Prob. would have voted for him had he not sided with the Sheriffs Assoc. against SAPA. I don't care about the rest of the BS against him. That one thing is enough for me not to vote for him.
View Quote

What happened there? I never heard about this.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Everything I need to know about the POS is summed up in this tweet.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZYFY0fHB/Screenshot-20220709-181011-Chrome.jpg
View Quote

That was Nixon and it Greitens reversed that rule almost immediately. It's been mentioned several times in this thread already.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For what it's worth..........

I have a friend I went to school with who's grandson is in Navy Special Warfare (SEAL) at least as late as last year.
He may be out by now.
I met his son when the first Greitens scandal was breaking and in passing I asked about him.

In the teams everyone has a reputation, and that reputation is known to all members.  The teams are a small community and everyone knows about everyone else.....either you served with a man or you've served with men who know him.  
Reputation is everything.

The grandson told me that Greitens' reputation in the teams is not a good one.  
He's held in low regard, and is not respected.  
He's known for being out for himself, to the determent of everyone else.
He's personally known as a creepy type guy, but no one could ever pin down whatever it was.
The son told me that he would not trust Greitens and would not vote for him under any circumstances.

Take that for what it's worth to you.
View Quote

He was never attached to a team IIRC. The whole thing about him being out for himself is no surprise. If you listen to podcasts, there have been several about how shitty some SEALs can actually be.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I caught the latest attack add on him last night. The add claimed he was in bed with China. Even had a clup of him on some talk show with an Asian host. I'll try and find the add later. I'd like to know what talk show he was on as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He must REALLY be scaring someone in the establishment!
View Quote

yeah, that's it.....
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

yeah, that's it.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, that's it.....

Remember when the Democrats proved how scared they were when they were attacking Todd Akin before the primaries?

Some people are slow learners.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can’t recall any attempt to derail a candidate as over the top as the attempt on Greitens!

View Quote

I just saw a Greitens TV commercials that says EXACTLY this. I guess those commercials work after all.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#12]
KC Star looks at Greitens “lost chapter” . . .

https://amp.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article263613108.html
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

More like the Red Star. Don't think I would believe anything about politics form that rag
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#16]
He was an awesome Governor, and I voted for Kinder in the primary then.  I can admit I was wrong about him.  I want him in the Senate, he has a bone to pick with the establishment, and I like that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not the biggest Geitens fan because of the infidelities and generally just being tired of the I'M A SEAL schtick.  I did agree with most (maybe close to all?) of what he accomplished politically while governor.  That said, I realize that the Red Star article was about Greitens and not Kim Gartner, but I think it's pretty disingenuous on their (the Red Star) part to devote one short sentence in the article to Gartner.  There is way more to the Gartner angle that they let on.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, if nothing else, he brings a lot of attention to Missouri. And now, Politico . . .

The Republican Hoping to Ride Trump’s Scandal Strategy to Victory
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I've never seen so many names on a ballot for any position, let alone a Senate seat. What worries me most would be the leftists and rhinos hiding in that list under the guise of being Republicans. I hope people will do their due diligence.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've never seen so many names on a ballot for any position, let alone a Senate seat. What worries me most would be the leftists and rhinos hiding in that list under the guise of being Republicans. I hope people will do their due diligence.
View Quote

This is true. One of the Republican candidates is my neighbor, Patrick Lewis. I doubt he has a snowball's chance of winning , let alone getting very many votes. I have talked to him and while he is very pro union and very pro family. He hasn't really commented on gun rights or any other important issue.

No matter how this goes, I hope we get a good candidate that will stick up for our rights AND has a good chance of beating any Democrat candidate come November.

And the state senate race is about the same for District 10, there are 5 candidates running. All but one has gotten good comments from Missouri Firearms Coalition.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm not the biggest Geitens fan because of the infidelities and generally just being tired of the I'M A SEAL schtick.  I did agree with most (maybe close to all?) of what he accomplished politically while governor.  That said, I realize that the Red Star article was about Greitens and not Kim Gartner, but I think it's pretty disingenuous on their (the Red Star) part to devote one short sentence in the article to Gartner.  There is way more to the Gartner angle that they let on.
View Quote

The "hey look at me, I'm a Navy Seal" deal is a big turnoff for me. As I said before, I have worked with enough Seals and Special Forces units and none of them are braggarts or go around sayin "Hey look at me, I'm a Navy Seal (or Green Beret)"

The KC Star is on the same level as the St Louis Post Disgrace. I won't use either one to wipe with or line a bird cage with.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pro-Union = Pro Demoncrat!
View Quote
Yet he is running as a republican.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The "hey look at me, I'm a Navy Seal" deal is a big turnoff for me. As I said before, I have worked with enough Seals and Special Forces units and none of them are braggarts or go around sayin "Hey look at me, I'm a Navy Seal (or Green Beret)"

The KC Star is on the same level as the St Louis Post Disgrace. I won't use either one to wipe with or line a bird cage with.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#25]
@delorean the reason I even posted the link to the KC Star article is because someone was asking where all the anti Greiten links were at. I also stated that I didn't believe what was in that article if you would have read my other replies.

Either way I still won't vote for Eric "Look at me I'm a Navy Seal" Greitens. And for those that served in the military, especially those that were assigned to or supported SOCOM units will fully understand.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yet he is running as a republican.
View Quote

I've noticed that a lot of "Republicans" seem to act more like Democrats.  
People call them RINOS, but I think that what's going on is people deciding that in order to get elected in a state like Missouri, they have to run as a Republican.
Then once they get in office, they act like what they really are...Dims.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@delorean the reason I even posted the link to the KC Star article is because someone was asking where all the anti Greiten links were at. I also stated that I didn't believe what was in that article if you would have read my other replies.

Either way I still won't vote for Eric "Look at me I'm a Navy Seal" Greitens. And for those that served in the military, especially those that were assigned to or supported SOCOM units will fully understand.
View Quote

@chumpmiester. You’re last quote above ^ … you get it. 100% on the mark.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's pretty much the definition of a RINO. Republican In Name Only. They take the name to get elected, but the name is the only thing that's really Republican.
View Quote

Except that people even apply the term to traditional Chamber of Commerce type Republicans who were pillars of the Republican Party for years before the Tea Party, Trump and MAGA folks took over the Republican label so THEY could get elected. It’s ironic but true that the folks throwing the RINO label around are often the Johnny-come-lately to the Republican PArty and the folks being dismissed as RiNOs would have fit right in with Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon. When you hear somebody like Roy Blunt being called a RINO you know something ain’t right with how the term is applied.

Basically, “RINO” simply means “not MAGA”.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true. One of the Republican candidates is my neighbor, Patrick Lewis. I doubt he has a snowball's chance of winning , let alone getting very many votes. I have talked to him and while he is very pro union and very pro family. He hasn't really commented on gun rights or any other important issue.

That is dated thinking. You know how much union workers align with conservatives? But then they vote for their job -a single issue voter - and a big loser for R's.

And what purpose does this thinking serve? So that right to work Republicans can drive down wages? It's a corporatist issue - the guys in unions like being in it. So why fight them about it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I can't argue with any of that, but could you also give me an idea of what you mean by Chamber of Commerce type Republicans? I don't think that I've heard that term before. Does it mean more centrist, like Bob Dole?
View Quote

I mean they are mainstream don’t-rock-boat guys who kowtow to the businesses and industries in the district that employ people. They are not radical in any way. Abortion and guns are just talking points that you have to check off, but what they really care about is keeping their big dollar donation bundlers happy. In words, “real Republicans.”
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That is dated thinking. You know how much union workers align with conservatives?
View Quote

Yet their union dues still go straight to support liberal democrats.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Greitens is a clown.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Except that people even apply the term to traditional Chamber of Commerce type Republicans who were pillars of the Republican Party for years before the Tea Party, Trump and MAGA folks took over the Republican label so THEY could get elected. It’s ironic but true that the folks throwing the RINO label around are often the Johnny-come-lately to the Republican PArty and the folks being dismissed as RiNOs would have fit right in with Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon. When you hear somebody like Roy Blunt being called a RINO you know something ain’t right with how the term is applied.

Basically, “RINO” simply means “not MAGA”.
View Quote

There's definitely some truth to all that, but people (at least in MO) tend to be far more conservative than the politicians they elect. Blunt has pretty much been a moderate Republican forever.  Loves big government, making deals, voted against 2A. I wouldn't call him a RINO but we always knew exactly who he was.  Modern day RINOs seem to be the St. Louis area Republicans that keep voting for higher taxes and more government at the state level.  As others have mentioned, many of them would probably be comfortable with the Dem party but they know they won't get elected if they had the D by their name.

Sadly there aren't enough conservatives to form a viable party, but I admit I'm glad they've been able to make inroads and at least steer the GOP a tiny bit to the right on some issues.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#37]
So, have we agreed on who to vote for?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#38]
FWIW I just got a message from GOA and they have endorsed Schmitt, not Gretiens.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Schmitt
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Schmitt
View Quote

Yep!
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Wife just told me that Trump endorsed BOTH Grittens and Schmitt.

On the issue of the New Republicans not being like the Old Republicans, the New Democrats are absolutely nothing at all like the Old Dims.
The Old Republicans were seen as being the party of the country club Chamber of Commerce types and the wealthy business people.
That's what they actually were.

The Old Democrats were seen as the party of the working man and the down-trodden poor and minorities.
In reality they were the party of the big city machines and what billed themselves as Liberals.
They originally called themselves Progressives until people wised up, then stole the name Liberal from the real Liberals.
Having stunk up the Liberal name, they're back to being Progressives.

Now the New Republican base is the party of the working man and the middle class.  The remaining Old Republicans are the go along to get along with the Democrats, "Ma good friends across the isle" types like Romney, and "We loose like gentlemen".

The New Democrats are the party of the elite coastal-big city upper class and tech wealthy, and are totally owned by the very hard Left.
They pay lip service to the poor and minorities to keep a lock on their vote.
They really do look down on middle America, and think we're dangerous and need to be controlled by our betters.

The Old breed of both parties are in the process of being put out to pasture and are fighting to hold on, no matter what.

I'll take the New Republicans.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wife just told me that Trump endorsed BOTH Grittens and Schmitt.

On the issue of the New Republicans not being like the Old Republicans, the New Democrats are absolutely nothing at all like the Old Dims.
The Old Republicans were seen as being the party of the country club Chamber of Commerce types and the wealthy business people.
That's what they actually were.

The Old Democrats were seen as the party of the working man and the down-trodden poor and minorities.
In reality they were the party of the big city machines and what billed themselves as Liberals.
They originally called themselves Progressives until people wised up, then stole the name Liberal from the real Liberals.
Having stunk up the Liberal name, they're back to being Progressives.

Now the New Republican base is the party of the working man and the middle class.  The remaining Old Republicans are the go along to get along with the Democrats, "Ma good friends across the isle" types like Romney, and "We loose like gentlemen".

The New Democrats are the party of the elite coastal-big city upper class and tech wealthy, and are totally owned by the very hard Left.
They pay lip service to the poor and minorities to keep a lock on their vote.
They really do look down on middle America, and think we're dangerous and need to be controlled by our betters.

The Old breed of both parties are in the process of being put out to pasture and are fighting to hold on, no matter what.

I'll take the New Republicans.
View Quote

Well said and I couldn't agree more with your assessment.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is dated thinking. You know how much union workers align with conservatives?

And that was always an issue for me with the different unions I had to be a member of over the years. One job, the entire maintenance department was very pro 2A and we always had a big problem with our union dues going to anti gun democrats. The union wouldn't listen until the entire maintenance department told them that we were going to join a different union.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Schmitt!
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#47]
I just did a search on who Trump has endorsed. A majority of the links state the Trump endorsed "Eric" but did NOT state which one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dominion has decided you voted for Trudy...
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It’s DEFINITELY NOT Eric Schmitt, Trump slammed him today!!’
View Quote

Oooooo. All caps and bolded. That’s how you know it’s extra true, even though you couldn’t be bothered with an actual quote or link or anything.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top