Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 11:46:43 PM EDT
Was loading my Sig 220 mags, all old style 7 rd zipperbacks, mag bodies, floor plates are identical.  Only difference is the follower.

Is one type better than the other?

Something to worry about?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Did you buy both types of mags factory fresh?

It has been 20+ years but as I recall, the follower shown on the left in your bottom picture is what my mags had and while the follower on the right in your last pic looked like replacement followers I got from Shooting Star, which allowed one more round in the magazine.

I've posted some pics of the followers I'm talking about.

Note: hard to post from my phone... and I meant to put that first pic at the bottom with these others.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't recall which type of follower came with the mags in the gun. I have 4 of one type, 6 of the other.   They worked well.   Could only get 7 rds in either type.  Accumulated the extra mags sometime in the 2000's.  

Just curious if the follower on left in last picture is factory or not.  Could just be a design change.  It's a West German P220

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just curious if the follower on left in last picture is factory or not.  Could just be a design change.  It's a West German P220

View Quote

Id have to dig out my mags and take a look.

My gun is also a West German P220 and all mags I have were bought at around the same time I got the gun, which was in the early 90s as I recall.

I even have some MecGar mags (3 of which are pictured below), which all function 100%.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, I have older P220 mags in both styles and I cannot tell any difference in function. I believe the flatter follower may be older but I'm not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm seeing both types when searching Sig 220 magazines, so the non flat one seems more common which probably means it's newer.
Thanks everyone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top