Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2020 8:13:39 PM EDT
so many Glock parts it's confusing ....while I am familiar with putting 3.5 connectors and Zev spring kits in my Glocks in the past...  I currently carry a Glock 22 (personal, not service) I have polished the trigger bar, connector and safety plunger but all the springs are still stock. Pistol has a few thousand through it .
while I have a smooth take up, the trigger pull is still just a bit to heavy for what I want. the break is clean and the reset is defined and audible.. the way I like it. I tested on a cheap trigger pull gauge it is right around 6# give or take a little.
because It's a carry gun, I would like to take just a small amount of weight off the trigger pull... where should I start?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a 6lb trigger spring or a reduced weight safety plunger spring. The 6lb spring is heavier than stock but assists trigger pull
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually come on here tonite looking to find a solution to this in my G22.

It was my duty gun and has a much heavier trigger pull than any of my other Glocks(19,26,21)

Is there a video on how to do this and where to get the parts. I am figuring I need to use Glock since I plan to use it in a GSSF match.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It was my duty gun and has a much heavier trigger pull than any of my other Glocks(19,26,21)

Is there a video on how to do this and where to get the parts. I am figuring I need to use Glock since I plan to use it in a GSSF match.
View Quote
I don’t know that Glock offers a 6lb trigger spring.

One thing I do remember about adding a 6lb spring is it made my reset feel terrible. Something to think about OP before ordering one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I would try an OEM minus or dot connector first before I would change any springs. One of those has always made the trigger pull weight just right for me. After market 3.5lb connectors are ok but I like to keep my carry Glocks as stock as possible when it comes to fire control parts...superstitious?...maybe.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My G22 is a Gen 3 I got in @2002.

I think it has the heaviest trigger Glock made. I believe they called it the NY trigger

I found videos and a pdf with step by step instructions, I just need to know what to order to put it together.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
This isn’t what you asked, but I’d really just leave it be. I used to think I had to ‘fix’ my Glock triggers. Turns out I just needed to practice more. I’d spend that trigger money on practice ammo. Most of the problems that people have with Glocks, they have with Glocks they dicked with. Also, as an added benefit, usually if you can shoot well with a stock Glock you can shoot well with about anything

If you must, I’d use something like a minus connector.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:23:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
so many Glock parts it's confusing ....while I am familiar with putting 3.5 connectors and Zev spring kits in my Glocks in the past...  I currently carry a Glock 22 (personal, not service) I have polished the trigger bar, connector and safety plunger but all the springs are still stock. Pistol has a few thousand through it .
while I have a smooth take up, the trigger pull is still just a bit to heavy for what I want. the break is clean and the reset is defined and audible.. the way I like it. I tested on a cheap trigger pull gauge it is right around 6# give or take a little.
because It's a carry gun, I would like to take just a small amount of weight off the trigger pull... where should I start?
View Quote

As another poster above mentioned, try a Glock Minus or Dot connector.
The Minus is marked with a "minus" sign and the Dot with a "dot".
The Dot is easy to find and is about $6-$7 dollars.
The Minus is a Glock-controlled part and you can find it for $18-$25 on the Gray Market.
PM me if you want contact info for $18 shipped on a Genuine Glock Minus Connector.

Another way people lower pull weight is to change out the Glock 5lb trigger spring for a 6lb aftermarket trigger spring.
This will reduce pull weight but it will degrade reset quality.
I am not a fan of this method.

On a non-NY gun, the spring that has the greatest effect on pull weight is the striker spring (the safety plunger spring is a minor player).
The genuine Glock striker spring is 5.5lbs
I routinely run Wolff (not Lone Wolf) 4.0lb striker springs in my range guns.
For a carry piece I would go 5.0lb or 4.5lb on the striker spring if I wanted to lower pull weight.

So those are the 3 basic ways to lower trigger pull weight in a Glock.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hopefully gunwolf doesn't mind that we are hijacking his thread...

As stated above, you probably have a NY trigger spring.
The clues are "this was my duty gun" and the "trigger pull is heavy".
The NY-1, NY-2 trigger springs were developed to simulate the trigger pull of a DA revolver in a Glock.

If you have the NY trigger spring, your fix is to change it out for a standard Glock 5lb trigger spring.
It's $3.00 part.
If you are a LEO a local armorer could make the swap in for you in a few minutes.
If you want to do it yourself, there are how-to videos on Youtube.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 3:39:39 AM EDT
[#9]
IDK what you have for parts in your gun but I would start with a Glock dot connector. That has been the current spec in new pistols for a while now. It has a 5.5 pull weight that feels good and has a solid reset.

If you want more of a reduction remember Glocks have a two stage trigger. Swapping out the firing pin safety spring for a Wolff reduced power spring will lower the pull weight overall but you will feel it the most in that first stage.

If you still want to lower the pull weight you could swap out Glock's trigger spring for a Wolff XP spring. A higher rate spring here reduces the pull weight. IIRC this only reduces the the pull weight on the second stage.

I would not put a reduced power striker spring in as some aftermarket triggers and springs kits have you do. Not worth the risk of light primer strikes with the gun not firing.

Polishing the contact surfaces on the trigger parts works good too. You can also reshape and polish your firing pin safety so it looks like this one or just buy that one or one from Apex. Lone Wolff sells one but stay away from them. They are too soft and "failed" within a few hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As another poster above mentioned, try a Glock Minus or Dot connector.
The Minus is marked with a "minus" sign and the Dot with a "dot".
The Dot is easy to find and is about $6-$7 dollars.
The Minus is a Glock-controlled part and you can find it for $18-$25 on the Gray Market.
PM me if you want contact info for $18 shipped on a Genuine Glock Minus Connector.

Another way people lower pull weight is to change out the Glock 5lb trigger spring for a 6lb aftermarket trigger spring.
This will reduce pull weight but it will degrade reset quality.
I am not a fan of this method.

On a non-NY gun, the spring that has the greatest effect on pull weight is the striker spring (the safety plunger spring is a minor player).
The genuine Glock striker spring is 5.5lbs
I routinely run Wolff (not Lone Wolf) 4.0lb striker springs in my range guns.
For a carry piece I would go 5.0lb or 4.5lb on the striker spring if I wanted to lower pull weight.

So those are the 3 basic ways to lower trigger pull weight in a Glock.
View Quote
Thanks, my G22 is a gen 3 also, NON- NY trigger ...  I thought about trying the minus connector...  I'll start with the Minus connector then I'll try the 6# trigger spring, what's the worst that can happen? they may end up in the Glock parts bin,  I have never had any luck with striker springs in the past... probably my  lack of patience trying multiple weights just for a range gun.

Oh, and No I don't mind a thread highjack I'm glad someone else got some answers too... thanks again to everyone that replied.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#12]
A poster above said leave it alone.

I would, but all my other three glocks have a fairly similar trigger pull that feels so much different. It is hard to transition to or from the other guns due to the trigger.

The G22 was my first Glock, so I didn’t notice it. I rarely shoot it anymore, but I brought it out for practice for a GSSF match last week and I found I couldn’t shoot it as well. So I have been contemplating what to do with it.

I think making it shoot better and keep shooting it will be better than burying it in my safe.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would, but all my other three glocks have a fairly similar trigger pull that feels so much different. It is hard to transition to or from the other guns due to the trigger.

The G22 was my first Glock, so I didn’t notice it. I rarely shoot it anymore, but I brought it out for practice for a GSSF match last week and I found I couldn’t shoot it as well. So I have been contemplating what to do with it.

I think making it shoot better and keep shooting it will be better than burying it in my safe.
View Quote
If you have the NY trigger spring (and I think you do), it's a caveman-easy fix.
I would do it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#14]
OP, is the first stage(take-up) heavier than your other Glocks? If it's noticeably heavier, the trigger return spring may be broken.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I would also suggest a "-" connector. I believe that is what the Glock 34 and 35 have in them, which is about a 3.5# trigger pull. I have a ZEV in my 34 and it is quite a smooth and light, as to comparing a new one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP, is the first stage(take-up) heavier than your other Glocks? If it's noticeably heavier, the trigger return spring may be broken.
View Quote
No broken springs...  the take up is light and smooth, once i hit the wall it's heavier than my other Glocks...  not annoying heavy though... just enough that if I lowered it even by fraction it would feel better. I really don't notice the wall and break on my other pistols as much as i do on this one....I think that is what bothers me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#17]

I would bet that you have the olive-colored one inside your TMH (trigger mechanism housing).
You want the normal, Glock 5lb coil spring in there.

You may also have a "+" Plus connector.
You'll want a "." Dot connector or a "-" Minus connector.

Patrol pistols are often set up this way.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#18]
On a Gen3 go with a dot connector if you like having a wall before the break.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I am currently using the Ghost Edge 3.5 pound connector with stock springs, my trigger pull is a consistent 4.5 pounds, the pull is smooth with a definite wall.

I also did the .25 cent trigger job.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No broken springs...  the take up is light and smooth, once i hit the wall it's heavier than my other Glocks...  not annoying heavy though... just enough that if I lowered it even by fraction it would feel better. I really don't notice the wall and break on my other pistols as much as i do on this one....I think that is what bothers me.
View Quote
Great, you just need to replace the connector to drop the second stage pull(the wall) weight a little. I would try a "dot" connector first as it is a Glock factory part, easy to find and inexpensive. It may be just right for what you are looking for.

The connector will not affect the take-up. It will only lighten the pressure it takes to release the striker at the wall. A "minus" connector will lighten that weight even more but may induce some felt creep.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#21]
First time ever completely disassembling a Glock.

This is what I found
Attachment Attached File

I did not see any markings on the connector and obviously the trigger spring is NY1.

So, for better trigger, I need a minus connector and a standard 5 lb coil spring.

Sound correct? Or any other suggestion?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
First time ever completely disassembling a Glock.

This is what I found
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58321/0AC1CE28-E781-4624-98BC-FEA871F4C665_jpe-1280692.JPG

I did not see any markings on the connector and obviously the trigger spring is NY1.

So, for better trigger, I need a minus connector and a standard 5 lb coil spring.

Sound correct? Or any other suggestion?
View Quote
Correct on the NY1 trigger spring.
Your connector is the "Standard" connector which has no markings.

I would recommend the OEM 5lb trigger spring and the OEM "Dot" connector because it works well and is easy to obtain.
I'll post a link to a good source in a few minutes.

Here you go, links are hot...
Dot Connector
It will work in a Gen 3

OEM Trigger Spring
This is the standard 5lb spring

ETA
Make sure that you install the spring correctly.
You'll have a 50% chance of getting it right if you guess.
Suggest a quick Youtube.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#23]
double
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#24]
@Direct-Drive

Thanks for the links.

I have already found out the correct install for the spring. Would it be best to go 5 or 6 lb for a lighter trigger?

As I mentioned earlier, I intend on shooting this gun in a GSSF match. Will any changes be allowed for me to stay in the "Stock" class?  Or can I use any of the actual Glock parts and be fine?

The GSSF rules say no to aftermarket parts, but I assume that means any other manufacturers other than true Glock parts.  I don't want to be in the Unlimited class unless I go full out MOS and lots of other slicked up parts
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#25]
The parts I recommended are all genuine Glock parts.
The 6lb trigger spring is not a genuine Glock part.

I don't recommend the 6lb trigger spring because while it gets you a lighter pull, it degrades the crispness of the reset.
I'm not willing to make that trade.

If you still want a lighter pull weight after trying the Dot Connector, you can try a genuine Glock Minus connector.
It's a Glock controlled-access part and it will cost 18-25 on the Gray Market.
Message me if you want contct info for 18 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:14:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The parts I recommended are all genuine Glock parts.
The 6lb trigger spring is not a genuine Glock part.

I don't recommend the 6lb trigger spring because while it gets you a lighter pull, it degrades the crispness of the reset.
I'm not willing to make that trade.

If you still want a lighter pull weight after trying the Dot Connector, you can try a genuine Glock Minus connector.
It's a Glock controlled-access part and it will cost 18-25 on the Gray Market.
Message me if you want contct info for 18 shipped.
View Quote
Ditto, Glock factory parts only for fire control components. If your G22 is gen 3, the dot connector is great. If it's gen 4, maybe the minus connector, although try the dot first.
Also Direct-Drive, PM sent.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:21:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My G22 is a Gen 3 I got in @2002.

I think it has the heaviest trigger Glock made. I believe they called it the NY trigger

I found videos and a pdf with step by step instructions, I just need to know what to order to put it together.
View Quote
delete
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
read posts delete
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top