Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2018 7:33:18 AM EDT
Let's talk about this old preWWII Polish pistol.  Just saw a TFB post from last month were Radom is going to produce them again and I hope some get imported.  First the new and then the old.

2018 is set to see the return of Fabryka Broni Lucznik-Radom (FB Radom)’s iconic pistol, the wz.35 VIS, widely known simply as the Radom.

Milmag reports that the pistol will return to production next year and hopefully be available in the in the second half of 2018. While the production runs won’t be large, FB Radom reportedly hope to continually offer the wz.35. Radom also confirmed that the new VIS pistols will cost no more than 4,000 PLN – or $1,100.

The 9x19mm wz.35 was adopted as the Polish service pistol in 1935. The design is derived from John Browning’s 1911, although it differs in calibre and some internal and external features. The pistol was developed by Piotr Wilniewczyc and Jan Skrzypinski in the early 1930s.

Approximately 49,000 were made before Poland was invaded in September 1939. Production at Radom continued under the Nazis occupation, with approximately 330,000 more pistols produced before 1945. The German designation for the wz.35 was the Pistolen 35(p). Poland did not resume production after the war.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/21/iconic-polish-fb-vis-pistol-return-production/

I found a late war production one at a gunshow in Austin Tx, some time early 80s, full with Nazi waffen proof marks.  Came with a full flap holster and one mag.  Got couple spares and spare firing pin from Tom Forrest out of Shotgun News back then.  Gave the gun to my father, which I got back when he pasted away.  Pistol is still down in San Antonio at my mothers.  The single action auto has a decocking lever  that was to aid in the one handed decocking when the cavalry trooper was at a gallop.  Safety feature like the grip safety on the M1911.  Two automatic pistols that overlapped horse soldiers.

CD
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome! I'd love to have a new one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
My father carried a Radom in Vietnam.

Prewar Radoms are among the nicest issue handguns ever made.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a nice shooter 3 lever years ago(Mismatched and reblued). It is one of my favorite C&R shooters. Cool design with great history
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#4]
History of Radom
WEAPON FACTORY "LUCZNIK" - RADOM - BRONI - Makers of Polish Kalashnikov

CD
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Surprised by its accuracy, at 7 yards and I'm an average high drag low speed shooter to boot.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surprised by its accuracy, at 7 yards and I'm an average high drag low speed shooter to boot.
https://i.imgur.com/4t0FfOv.jpg
View Quote
Nice, enjoy that piece of history.

CD
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/4t0FfOv.jpg
View Quote
Nice, enjoy that piece of history.

CD
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Love these so much, got me a second one!
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I sure hope hey start making these things again, even if it’s only a few thousand or so.

Fantastic pistols with lots of history behind them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Any info on the new ones?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top