Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2023 3:00:34 PM EDT
whats diff between vp30 and the vp 9 everyone goes for the 9 over 30 why?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The vp9 is striker fired and the p30 is a conventional da/sa hammer arrangement. I have both, I shoot both, I love both. I carry a vp9 though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chairborne:
The vp9 is striker fired and the p30 is a conventional da/sa hammer arrangement. I have both, I shoot both, I love both. I carry a vp9 though.
View Quote
This, also the VP9 is generally less expensive and has factory options for optic cut slides, which probably make it more popular.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By redram99:
whats diff between vp30 and the vp 9 everyone goes for the 9 over 30 why?
View Quote

Have both, both are great but the P30SK is my EDC, I like the trigger better on it.

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Already have a ton of Glocks in 9mm so VP9 has zero value to me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:14:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#5]
A box standard Glock  gen 4 compared to box standard VP9, the VP9 has the better trigger pull.  And I carry a Glock everyday for work.  IMHO
Which makes more for an accurate gun.  Four groups of ten at fifteen yards - slow fire unsupported.  The last group was a little faster.  
I also have a few Glocks, but why limit yourself?  You do you...  
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PraetorEvocatus:
View Quote

Yeah, who needs accuracy, right????    
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By USPguy:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2023 5:35:38 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PraetorEvocatus:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]
For me, I don't shoot da/sa guns all that well as I get older, due to arthritis but the VP9 is a very nice gun. I have had many versions of the P30 and VP9 pistols over the years but am now sticking with the VP9 pistols. A nice option on the VP9 guns is the "B" model. It has the American style mag. release but also has a different grip feel at the trigger guard where it meets the grip area, if that makes sense. It resembles having a trigger guard undercut, like on a Glock. It also doesn't have the trigger groove inside the trigger guard, which is something I have issues with on a standard model. On my ambi mag. release gun, I filed/sanded/smoothed it out, so it no longer has the groove.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I've owned one VP40 and lots of P30L, P30, P30SK in 9mm and 40SW.  I didn't shoot the VP40 all that well even though I've owned / carried Glocks since 1995.  I do shoot the P30/P30L/P30SK line very well.

Someone mentioned the P30 is a traditional DA/SA.  That's not entirely true.  The LEM version is some sort of pre-loaded DAO type trigger system.  I like the traditional DA/SA and LEM guns.

To each their own.  For a striker fired gun I'm just sticking with Glock, because.  For hammer fired, nothing beats a HK.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it comes down to which trigger system works best for you, the striker fired VP9 family, the DA/SA version, or the LEM version of the P30/P2000/USP family which can be had light V1, heavy V2, etc.  I like having a hammer for my thumb to rest on top of while holstering.  In the category of timers and targets don't like I simply shoot light LEM better than the others, but that is just me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I have both and like both

I had the p30L about ten years now?  Its a light LEM in 40–its about the only 40 I can shoot and not irritate my tendonitis

I love the LEM

I just got the VP9 and shoot it very well

Both are keepers
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top