Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2023 11:48:19 AM EDT
So I got a new 502 and it's very nice however when shooting it the mags just fall right out. The problem appears to be a combination of a mag catch that bairly engages the magazine and a mag release spring that's pretty light. So a firm grip engages the release just a tiny bit but enough to drop the mag during firing.

Anyone else experience this? Fix?
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe get a new mag catch or gently reshape the mag where the catch latches?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:21:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a couple thousand rounds thru mine and have not experienced your issue.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 5:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
mine also, i get mad, smack the bottom of mag and mag spring and all guts come flying out.
Pos mags, also when i got mine they never put an extractor in it! WTF, Had to send it in on day 1
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 5:58:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine does it with the 10 round but not the 15. Went back to the gun shop and tried the other 5 he had, 4 of them did it. With the 5th one not seating at all. Very disappointed with the 502. And I’m quite a FN fanatic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:35:59 AM EDT
[#5]
This is concerning, as many reviewers have pointed this same issue out. And out of any 22lr handgun, I feel this has the most solid mags with steel on the inside and polymer on the outside. Keep us updated, I'm getting mine in April.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I had this start to happen very consistently at the 25k mark and they took it back on their dime.  Came back with anew grip and slide.  Put another 15k through it and it sheared an optic screw during a range session while I wasn't doing holster presentations.   Had to send the whole thing back on my dime this time.  Waiting to see if they can extract it otherwise they say I have to pay for a new slide.  Kind of disappointed because. Didn't shear the screw on install by over torquing, it had been 15k since install with a torque driver, but I am sure that is what every numb nuts who ratchets down and breaks a screw in install tells them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ajacobs:
I had this start to happen very consistently at the 25k mark and they took it back on their dime.  Came back with anew grip and slide.  Put another 15k through it and it sheared an optic screw during a range session while I wasn't doing holster presentations.   Had to send the whole thing back on my dime this time.  Waiting to see if they can extract it otherwise they say I have to pay for a new slide.  Kind of disappointed because. Didn't shear the screw on install by over torquing, it had been 15k since install with a torque driver, but I am sure that is what every numb nuts who ratchets down and breaks a screw in install tells them.
View Quote
Well got word today that in addition to the screw, the entire chassis was cracked.  Seems ridiculous.  I have 40k rounds, but fuck it is only a 22.  Not covered under warranty. Offred to sell me a new one for $420 as a discount.  Would not replace without going through an FFL so by the time I paid transfer it wouldn't have been a discount.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top