Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2018 10:28:00 AM EDT
Is this worth it? trying to make my G2 less prone to issues. I replaced the guide rod, put on metal sights, and really hate internal locks on guns. This is supposed to fix that.
anyone try it?
thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have installed the lakeline  stainless striker guide not for the purpose of disabling the lock but in the hopes of smoothing out the last part of the trigger pull. It does however disable the trigger lock. The stainless striker does not have the cutout that allows the trigger to lock the striker. I did not change the trigger pull though. Other than the stainless striker and my effort to smooth out the trigger my G2 is stock and has functioned without any problems. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 3:00:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two 111 G2’s. The first ones trigger was is smooth as glass. The second one was very rough and wouldn’t reset occasionally when dry firing with the second strike feature.

I stripped it all the way down (careful, the safety has a detent ball that is a pain to find if it hits the floor) and de-burred the trigger bar and all the other friction points.

I also did an edge break on all the cutouts for the firing pin channel.

Made a huge improvement. Still not as slick as my first one, but a lot better. I’ll probably get the Lakeline channel liners for both, mostly out of fear of the lock somehow engaging under recoil.

I got the first one to help out a coworker who was hard up for cash. The second one came with Diamondback .380 for a Rossi revolver trade.
Other than the one gritty trigger, I’ve been quite impressed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I got two Lakeline channel liners. Installed them and I mediately removed them.

ID was heavily grooved and it could be fealt in the trigger pull.

Maybe I got some from a bad batch.

Not impressed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have it ONLY because it permanently disables the lock.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not impressed.
View Quote
I would contact lakeline. mine was smooth as glass. Helped smooth out the action.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got a G2c and no longer need it
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't replaced anything on our lockable pt111 G2, it just works and doesn't really need anything imo other than a dab of loctite on the front sight. If i was going to carry it, I probably would replace the sights as the adjustable rear does seem a bit fragile and I think it might break if it were to get dropped or banged into directly on the rear sight.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I haven't replaced anything on our lockable pt111 G2, it just works and doesn't really need anything imo other than a dab of loctite on the front sight. If i was going to carry it, I probably would replace the sights as the adjustable rear does seem a bit fragile and I think it might break if it were to get dropped or banged into directly on the rear sight.
View Quote
I put the lakeline tritium fron and u notch rear metal sights on mine. Along with the metal guide rode.I have about $350 in it total for the stainless g2c
I bought a s&w 9c for $350 and like the g2c more
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#9]
In a series of work sessions I have now done the following to my PT111 G2:

LakeLine LLC Stainless striker sleeve
LakeLine Stainless recoil spring assembly
'Keep Tinkering' aftermarket trigger
Lakeline LLC fiber optic front and rear sights.

Pics will follow over the weekend.

End results: approximately 25% reduction in trigger travel to release point. Trigger pull went from 6.5 lbs down to 5 lbs. (Not implying causality here, just the results I got). Significantly increased confidence (in an already solid pistol) for CCW and all other uses. Excellent sights that really make it easy to see the sights compared to the factory sights.

Paid $200 for the gun new. Spring $26, striker sleeve $15, Trigger $30, Sights $40. All in on this gun I'm at $311 dollars. Helluva a bargain in my eyes. Throw in the re-strike capability, loaded chamber indicator, and the ability to use certain Sig 15-17 round magazines should I wish, and it just gets sweeter.
Another shameless plug for Lakeline LLC product to boot.

No financial connection to Lakeline, just a happy customer sharing that info with all y'all Taurus shooters

ETA: I know I have ragged on aftermarket glock and s&w triggers in the past. My biggest beef with them is that they are 25% of the cost of the entire gun. I decided to try the KT trigger for this Taurus simply because I wanted to, and I'm glad I did. It was priced right, and somewhat to my surprise, it actually did improve an already really good trigger by enough to justify its continued use in my pistol.

As always, ymmv. For those of us that like our Tauri guns, hope you find this info useful.

Attachment Attached File

Lakeline LLC fiber optic sights
Attachment Attached File

Lakeline stainless recoil spring assembly
Attachment Attached File

Lakeline LLC stainless striker guide
Attachment Attached File

Keep Tinkering SA/DA Trigger with second strike capability retained.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I am amazed at how good these pistols really are. Mine is very accurate and functions perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not impressed.
View Quote
Email Al at Lakeline LLC. Certain he'll make it right asap, like he did for me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have it ONLY because it permanently disables the lock.
View Quote
I like it for the comfort of knowing I don't have plastic part in primary systems. The disabling of the lock is just cherries on top.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top