Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my Canik Elite. It eats everything and is utterly reliable.

Looking forward to getting a FatDaddy trigger and some CGW parts and doing some tuning. I have some hope that Primary Machine can cut it for a Vortex Venom and it will become my EDC.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Owner of a TP9SF here, bought it used about 8 months ago for 300, bought it for my daughter who is getting into shooting but hadn't found "her" gun yet.  I think this one is it.  She likes the grip, the felt recoil, the trigger, and the sights.  I have no issues with her shooting it and she shot it in a 3 gun match at the beginning of the month with no malfunctions or issues with the gun.

I like that the grip on hers is the short 15 round mags, but we were able to use a friend's 18 round Canik mags for her reload mags.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a better Walther P99
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I keep my Canik TP9SF in my patrol car for shooting road wounded deer and other critters.  It's a good pistol.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a better Walther P99
View Quote
Not hardly.  It's an inexpensive, de-improved, copy made in a country utterly unfriendly to the West, but you go on enjoying your confirmation bias.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I looked at them for a bit

I decided that I’d put aside $400 and buy a used Glock which has better/cheaper available accessories
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the TP9SFX and for the money it's a very nice gun with lots of features.

Trigger really is great
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm looking really hard at the SFX with Vortex Venom dot sight right now.  Under $600 seems unreal for what you are getting.  I've owned a Canik before and it is an outstanding pistol so I am familiar with how they shoot.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not hardly.  It's an inexpensive, de-improved, copy made in a country utterly unfriendly to the West, but you go on enjoying your confirmation bias.
View Quote
No need to be caustic
My P99 was near 9 lbs of trigger pull for the 1st shot,7 lbs for the rest. The TP9SF is 5 -6 and a better grip texture, you wouldn't call that an improvement ? Turkey's policies may make the brand morally unpalatable but it doesn't make it inferior.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Then you got an outlier P99, I have three covering two generations and not one as a single action trigger over 4lbs.

Don't know what else I can say.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up a Canik PT9SF a while back, just to get into the plastic striker fired game (I'm old school).

Paid $402 out the door,,,,,The fit and finish is superb, tool markings on the  external and internals is  minimal.,,,,

no malfunctions out of the box,with Winchester white  box  200ish rounds....

accuracy is  excellent ,  ergonomics are excellent at least for me ,,,,better than the H&K and CZ

Comes with a case  2 mags a nice holster and a cleaning brush.

Now about that trigger,,,,, WOW !!!! Smooth short reset amazing,,,,,it is so good that I don't trust it as a carry gun,,,  But again I'm old school I want that long heavy trigger pill on the first shot,

Bottom line ,,,,,hell of a gun economically priced just not the gun for "me"
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#12]
All of the CZ clones appear to be good quality. I have a EAA Sars B6P that's very well made. It's a full size 9mm. CDNN recently had it on sale for $219. There was no passing that sale up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top