Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2021 10:59:14 PM EDT
Video link here https://youtu.be/QOFSna88fKI

4-5k rounds fired.  99% suppressed. Mostly reliable. I really loved this gun...
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you contacted Taurus?  Maybe they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
Video link here https://youtu.be/QOFSna88fKI

4-5k rounds fired.  99% suppressed. Mostly reliable. I really loved this gun...
View Quote

Call Taurus and ESCALATE the call immediately. The regular phone folks don't have any real clout. I had to do that to get a couple of firing pin block springs a while ago.

As to the gun itself. We have a TX22 as a rental at the range. It is well north of 10k rounds fired with no issues (aside from the aforementioned spring). I can only surmise that the use of the suppressor might have been a contributing factor. I say this with the knowledge that suppressed firearms do, generally, seem to exhibit more gas into the action in gas guns, so one would expect at a minimum, more recoil energy in a blowback gun. But then there is the whole piston issue on handguns, and I'm not sure if 22's need/use a piston on non-fixed barrel guns.

That being said, the fact that Taurus sells the gun with a suppressor ready barrel, it would seem that they have tested that configuration for the potential cracking problem you are having. They SHOULD FIX YOUR GUN under warranty. Only one way for you to find out. If my experience is any indication, you might be looking at 120 day turnaround time.

@SGT-Fish

Please let me know what you find out from them. Thanks, 44.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Cracked slide on a .22? Damn. Hey, I'm not a Taurus hater - I have a PT1911 and a G3C. That just seems odd.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#4]
It was super common with Walther P22s when shooting suppressed. I was hoping the Taurus would hold up better
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I am also curious to see how Taurus deals with this. I like the TX22 and I have 2 of them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I filled out their form online and mailed it to them. So we will see.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone seen the same issue with the competition version?  

The slide seems beefier in the front.  I'm wondering if that will solve the issue, as I plan to shoot it with a can most of the time
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Taurus replaced the slide free on a friends TX-22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top