Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2024 4:38:28 PM EDT
I've been using an iTarget dry fire practice system.
It uses a laser pointer that you load into the chamber.
The issue I have is that I have to zero my red dot to the laser.
Then when I go to the range I have to re-zero my red dot for the real world.
Is there a target practice system that lets you offset hit detection in the app?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#1]
Originally Posted By Kokodude:
I've been using an iTarget dry fire practice system.
It uses a laser pointer that you load into the chamber.
The issue I have is that I have to zero my red dot to the laser.
Then when I go to the range I have to re-zero my red dot for the real world.
Is there a target practice system that lets you offset hit detection in the app?
View Quote

Have you accounted for HoB, and POA-POI differences, especially at the range you’re using the laser vs range the RDS is zeroed at?

Eg. I have the LaserAmmo setup with the Glock Reset Trigger.

One of the things I like about their laser inserts, is that the cone shape at the barrel tip, helps zero the laser module to the bore. It actually matches the RDS 20yd zero, but at home laser ranges between 10-20 feet, there’s a HoB difference between the POA-POI (which would be pretty close to the difference for the POA-POI of live fire). It helps with training to account for that slight difference, at closer ranges.

What kind of disparity are you seeing? If it’s significantly off, then yeah, that would be a PITA.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I zero my red dot 10 yards, and that's how I set up at home.
My P365X is always way off (low and left).
My G43X is a lot closer to being zero'd both at home and at the range.
I can handle it being a bit off, but the P365X needs 5 or 6 clicks in each direction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top