Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2019 7:26:07 PM EDT
I have been looking at this Zig 1911 in 9mm.  https://www.cdnnsports.com/zenith-zig-pcs9-9mm-black-rail.html?___SID=U#.XYVexUZKiiN
Is it good to go for range/plinking?  Can't find much info on the 9mm version of these 1911s.  It seems like the .45 ACP versions can be okay but every now and then people get lemons.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 8:41:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Tisas made it.  There's been some issues.  I'd go (and did) with an RIA 9mm especially since they have the $50 gear rebate right now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 7:47:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Northcountry2007] [#2]
I own it, so this is NOT speculation or internet rumors some other people who don't own it, or never handled it, or more importantly....never shot it, spout off.  Right out of the box I will say the fit and finish are near flawless.  3 mags, great hard case & accessories!   I will say fresh out of the box it was THE MOST GRITTY trigger I have ever seen.  With that said.....with every round fired it got better and better, and in less than 50 rounds, and one complete cleaning, the trigger is now one of the best factory triggers I have.  It is butter smooth, with a super short (audible) reset, almost no take up and a quick clean crisp break.  Since these pics were taken, I've added slim VZ G10 grips.

Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:55:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bellows1] [#3]
I have the 45 version, for the money, it's a good gun.

The gun itself is finished well, the thumb safety and slide lock are kinda cheap looking.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Northcountry2007:
I own it, so this is NOT speculation or internet rumors some other people who don't own it, or never handled it, or more importantly....never shot it, spout off.  Right out of the box I will say the fit and finish are near flawless.  3 mags, great hard case & accessories!   I will say fresh out of the box it was THE MOST GRITTY trigger I have ever seen.  With that said.....with every round fired it got better and better, and in less than 50 rounds, and one complete cleaning, the trigger is now one of the best factory triggers I have.  It is butter smooth, with a super short (audible) reset, almost no take up and a quick clean crisp break.  Since these pics were taken, I've added slim VZ G10 grips.

http://i.imgur.com/odJX3ir.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/P7CBqDe.jpg
View Quote

Nice looking pistol. I'd be tempted by one of those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top