Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2018 5:23:37 PM EDT
My son just acquired an XDs 45 from a friend of his. He thought he had lost it back in duck season, fearing it had fallen out of the boat. A cousin borrowed the boat to go fishing and found the gun under a pile of wet leaves, under a seat. The guy had already replaced the gun, and thinking it useless sold it to my son for a mere token. We have broke it lose enough to field strip it. Most of the frame internals are pretty much shot. The slide is salvageable but the the sights and extractor is beyond repair. Does anyone know is Springfield would rebuild it for a decent price????
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea, but a new one or M&P would probably be less expensive.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My son just acquired an XDs 45 from a friend of his. He thought he had lost it back in duck season, fearing it had fallen out of the boat. A cousin borrowed the boat to go fishing and found the gun under a pile of wet leaves, under a seat. The guy had already replaced the gun, and thinking it useless sold it to my son for a mere token. We have broke it lose enough to field strip it. Most of the frame internals are pretty much shot. The slide is salvageable but the the sights and extractor is beyond repair. Does anyone know is Springfield would rebuild it for a decent price????
View Quote
They are cheap guns.  There would be no decent price to rebuild it.  If you really want one, buy a used one.  Make that one a wall hanger.  I say this because I sold my 45XD for cheap when I decided I wanted a P320.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like good advice. After a soak in oil, I was able to hammer the takedown lever up enough to break it down. Looks like it would need a new barrel, extractor, recoil spring assembly, sights, locking block, mag release assembly, and most springs. There may be more if I could drive the pins out. It might make a nice paperweight.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Call springfield and see what they say. About 5 years ago I had a XD40 tactical that I cracked the frame with one of my reloads that were over charged. The slide also had an awful looking finish. I sent it in and they basicly rebuilt the gun. It came back with a new frame and the slide was refinished. It looked almost like new. I wasn't the original owner so they charged me $70 including return shipping. What a deal.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I’ll call them tomorrow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top