Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2020 6:55:51 PM EDT
picked up a XD 9 Mod2 4.0 for a home nightstand pistol... I don't mind the stock trigger but I figure if there is a nice trigger upgrade out there why not.
I have been away from the XD series for a few years... my last XD9 service pistol I used a powder river trigger, now I see Springer precision...  without spending more than I have into this pistol... what are my options?  what do you guys like?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#1]
PRP in some of mine. I imagine the Springer Precision will be just as good. Both are close in price.

I'm a fan of PRP, in addition to triggers, they've done some slide milling for RDS mounts that really shine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Is swapping the trigger fairly easy on an XD?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is swapping the trigger fairly easy on an XD?
View Quote

Yes and makes a world of difference.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes and makes a world of difference.
View Quote

I've had this gun for nearly 20 years and I'm used to the trigger but I'm thinking of swapping it out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
The XD triggers wear in very nicely.  Keep shooting it and it'll be butter before long.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The XD triggers wear in very nicely.  Keep shooting it and it'll be butter before long.
View Quote

Agreed.

But the used Mod. 2 4.0 I just picked up came with a PRP trigger installed and I'm sold on them now.

While it's not a huge difference in trigger pull compared to my other XD factory triggers, the reduced pre-travel and shorter reset are well worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top