Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2021 4:43:49 PM EDT
I am now the somewhat proud owner of an OD Green cerakoted laser engraved Glock19 frame! I got it to replace a Timberwolf frame I don’t really like anymore. I’m “somewhat” because I would prefer it in black, but whatever. This one is still OEM Glock and cost $170.

So why is this well done cerakoted and laser stippled OEM Austrian made Glock frame $170..... and the black “unimproved” ones are going for $380-500? I saw a 19X frame with an asking price of $589. I know a guy on here sold a 43 slide for $600 last week (yes, more than lost price for the gun itself... if you wait out the back order). 80% kits are going for 2-300.

Wtf is going on w the Glock market??
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can come up with is morons.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The same thing that is going on with the entire firearms market.

Since it seems you have been under a rock for a year or so... Antifa makes people in cities feel unsafe, Dems get power in DC and threaten to make every gun unobtaineum, an election was stolen from the rightful victor at the national level, and a man with clinical, obvious mental issues is now President. These items make the average person think they should buy another gun or three no matter the cost.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Since it seems you have been under a rock for a year or so... Antifa makes people in cities feel unsafe, Dems get power in DC and threaten to make every gun unobtaineum, an election was stolen from the rightful victor at the national level, and a man with clinical, obvious mental issues is now President. These items make the average person think they should buy another gun or three no matter the cost.
View Quote

Thatsabingo.gif
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Picked up a new Ruger Wrangler Silver Cerakote .22 LR Revolver the other day for $199.  Thought that was a pretty good deal.  Gun store threw in 2 boxes of Aguila 50 rd for $6 bucks ea.

Background check took 4 hours.  Gun I bought in Dec, background check took about 15 minutes.  Gun store owner told me that since late January background checks are taking longer and longer.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#5]
In answer to the original question, bubba'd up guns generally do not go for as much as unaltered guns.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Some people want to get rid of a firearm related item and get what they have into it, others want to make as much as they can.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In answer to the original question, bubba'd up guns generally do not go for as much as unaltered guns.

View Quote
This.

That being said, I did sell a tastefully stippled Gen3 FDE 19 for $700 on consignment during all of this, and the LGS was glad to have the stock to sell (even though their plane Jane new glocks would've been more cheaply priced).
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Same reason people are still paying $70-$80 for Glock Shield Arms mags when they are shipping in a week for $39

I thought we saw some supid shit going on after Obummer was elected, or SH and then the Hildabeast scare, but I have never seen anything like this

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:40:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the assumption that I’m ill-informed to current events. That absurd statement though has no real bearing at all as to why components of guns are ggoing for most of if not more than the list price of an entire gun.

Next caller!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is a professionally done frame. Looks nice af, and clean. I’m not expecting to get as much for my home stippled Timberwolf but we’ll see
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Hekken crap.
Last oem Glock frame that came my way was a G17.3 for $80.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Turkish guns are very reasonable now, in the last year I bought: M16 $279 M16compact $249 and a MC18 $399, all great guns, all metal and hi cap.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Where did you get it from? Do they have more? I’d buy buy one for that price.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Palmetto State Armory has the MC18 in stock, takes Smith 5900 series mags.
Classic Arms sold out of the M16 and the compact model in a couple days, I subscribe to their emails, even though I get 10 a day I've gotten a few gems because of it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is a professionally done frame. Looks nice af, and clean. I’m not expecting to get as much for my home stippled Timberwolf but we’ll see
View Quote

It is still like selling used underwear.  Your potential buyers will be a much smaller number than if you were selling factory new.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By @Razzman1 :
View Quote

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894245465

Good seller, very easy to work with, and they shipped the next business day after payment (they’ll do over the phone credit cards if you want to use a payment option not listed).

They have a bunch more, and several different cerakote options
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=3908894
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spot on
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep!
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

[snip] Antifa makes people in cities feel unsafe,
Dems get power in DC and threaten to make every gun unobtaineum, [snip]
View Quote

They are going to shoot their eyes out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Perfect storms of:
Scamdemic -> Race riots -> Fear of firearms ban -> Stimulus money = prices that are out of balance on everything firearms related.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Government cuts police funding...citizens buy guns in record numbers. Any other questions?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#23]
could be something as simple as supply and demand.  You are probably not alone in desiring the black frame over the green one.  

In a few years, the green ones will likely be some rare collector item and everyone will wonder why they weren't as smart as you and bought a green frame when they had the chance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top