Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2022 6:32:09 PM EDT
And it was stuck. Really stuck.

Fortunately the fix was pretty easy. Using a Glock punch I removed the mag baseplate and dumped out the all the innards and ammo. Slide function wasn't affected so with the slide locked to the rear I was able to look down into the inside of the mag body to see if any part of the pistol was engaging any of the witness holes or mag release cutouts. Nope.

I keep a 12" long section of 1/4" diameter brass rod in my range bag for driving out squibs. Holding the pistol against the edge of the bench to brace it I held the end of the rod against the top of the cutout there the front of the follower would be and told her to take the hammer and gently tap the other end of the rod and success. Two gentle taps and the mag body dislodged. No damage to either the gun or the magazine body.

"I bet you'll never to that again!" I laughed. She said she wouldn't but also said she was going to obtain a brass rod of her own just in case and also for squibs.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
nvm
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol.  Long time ago at a local range a very inexperienced shooter managed to almost fully seat a Glock 19 mag in the rental Glock 19. Backwards.  The range guy stopped him from fully seating it when he saw him hammering the gun against the shooting bench. Using a full armed swing. Took two employees to separate the mag and gun.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
While not a fan of external safeties nor magazine disconnect safeties I will admit that the Security Nine is a pretty decent pistol. Feels good in the hand. Points well. Very nice trigger.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top