Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2020 1:45:02 PM EDT
Anyone put a wilson compact grip module on a P320-M18? Thinking of doing it and picking up more 15 round mags.

If someone has one on an M18 or M17, can you post some pictures?
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a few on here that have them. Gotta ask though, why? The length difference between the compact and carry models isn’t that big. However with the compact mags you loose the ability to use mag extensions due to the grip design on the compact models. Finally, imo there is a balance issue at play as well. The longer carry model grip balances in the hand better over the compact grip. I’m not trying to discourage you just sharing my experience as someone who has played with multiple variations.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a few on here that have them. Gotta ask though, why? The length difference between the compact and carry models isn’t that big. However with the compact mags you loose the ability to use mag extensions due to the grip design on the compact models. Finally, imo there is a balance issue at play as well. The longer carry model grip balances in the hand better over the compact grip. I’m not trying to discourage you just sharing my experience as someone who has played with multiple variations.
View Quote

I appreciate the advice. After giving it some thought, I am going to stick with the standard grip module. Or go with the Wilson, but keep it in the carry size. I recently started carrying my M18 again because its a very comfortable gun to carry in a Vedder light tuck, I like having 17 round mags in the gun with a 21 round mag backup. With everything going on around the country, it's probably better that I have the bigger capacity gun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I appreciate the advice. After giving it some thought, I am going to stick with the standard grip module. Or go with the Wilson, but keep it in the carry size. I recently started carrying my M18 again because its a very comfortable gun to carry in a Vedder light tuck, I like having 17 round mags in the gun with a 21 round mag backup. With everything going on around the country, it's probably better that I have the bigger capacity gun.
View Quote

The WC modules look great but more importantly function better than the factory grip. The WC module has a flaired magwell and outstanding texturing along with a nice shape to the grip itself.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 1:01:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t have a picture to share, but I swapped my Sig M18 grip module for the WC module.  It fits my hand perfectly and has made the M18 a much more enjoyable carry gun.  I highly recommend picking up a WC grip module for your M18 if you have the opportunity to purchase one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I put a WC compact grip on my M18.  That 1/4" saved on the grip matters to me for appendix carry with how narrow my hips are.

The are a couple downsides.  First, the compact grip doesn't readily accept Taran Tactical extensions.  A couple minutes with a dremel and I fixed this.  Second, WC removed some of the magwell funnel with the compact grip design.  I haven't noticed it in practice but it is definitely less funneled than the carry/fullsize grip.

I carry a 15 round mag body with a TT +2 extension for 17 rounds in the mag.  Its the same length as a full size 17 round mag at the front but is shorter at the back, which is what would print more when carried.

ETA: I also had to cut a bit off the TT extension locking pin in order for it to fit in the grip and not protrude out the bottom of the floorplate.  Also done with a dremel and hasn't negatively effected the reliability or sturdiness of the extension.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I put a WC compact grip on my M18.  That 1/4" saved on the grip matters to me for appendix carry with how narrow my hips are.

The are a couple downsides.  First, the compact grip doesn't readily accept Taran Tactical extensions.  A couple minutes with a dremel and I fixed this.  Second, WC removed some of the magwell funnel with the compact grip design.  I haven't noticed it in practice but it is definitely less funneled than the carry/fullsize grip.

I carry a 15 round mag body with a TT +2 extension for 17 rounds in the mag.  Its the same length as a full size 17 round mag at the front but is shorter at the back, which is what would print more when carried.

ETA: I also had to cut a bit off the TT extension locking pin in order for it to fit in the grip and not protrude out the bottom of the floorplate.  Also done with a dremel and hasn't negatively effected the reliability or sturdiness of the extension.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276110/20200723_153429_jpg-1619665.JPG
View Quote

It's actually not any shorter in the back. WC cut down carry modules to make the compact modules. The back side of your compact module is exactly the same length and width of the carry module. With the +2 extension you are at the same overall length you would be at with the standard 17 round mag and flat base plate. The only advantage you gained is a small amount of empty weight at the bottom of your magazine that will help them drop free easier.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's actually not any shorter in the back. WC cut down carry modules to make the compact modules. The back side of your compact module is exactly the same length and width of the carry module. With the +2 extension you are at the same overall length you would be at with the standard 17 round mag and flat base plate. The only advantage you gained is a small amount of empty weight at the bottom of your magazine that will help them drop free easier.
View Quote

I disagree.  Here's my compact grip with a 15+2 round mag:

Attachment Attached File

Here is the same compact grip with a factory 17 round mag:

Attachment Attached File
Top Top