Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2020 5:49:49 PM EDT
Just ordered one up for the Ol’ M18X I have, available on Wilson’s site. Will let you guys know how nice it is!

ETA:
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked at them and decided the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. The 2nd gen extended slide release that comes on the X-Series guns is perfect IMO. Plenty big enough and doesn't stick out too far. I believe it is only like $12 too. This is one I use in all of my P320s now. Sig did a pretty good job designing the controls on the P320. Unlike the Glock where I had to change the slide release and mag catch to easily use the controls, there hasn't really been much reason for me to change out the controls on my P320 to something aftermarket. Still, I'd be intrested in seeing and hearing your thoughts once you get it installed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
More aftermarket support for the P320 is always welcome news!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked at them and decided the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. The 2nd gen extended slide release that comes on the X-Series guns is perfect IMO. Plenty big enough and doesn't stick out too far. I believe it is only like $12 too. This is one I use in all of my P320s now. Sig did a pretty good job designing the controls on the P320. Unlike the Glock where I had to change the slide release and mag catch to easily use the controls, there hasn't really been much reason for me to change out the controls on my P320 to something aftermarket. Still, I'd be intrested in seeing and hearing your thoughts once you get it installed.
View Quote
I figured I am stuck in a spot where I have no projects going on and it was only $29 so I figured why not. Though my slide release is the standard gen 2 that came with the M18.. Will do before and after pics. I figured if it helped with reload times it couldn’t hurt!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I love the idea. I hope Wilson and others continue to make and release new parts for the platform.

That being said, I wont buy one of these. I already had to retrain my damn thumb to stay out of the way of the slide release on the 2nd gen with X series grips and it was frustrating

Nobody's fault but mine
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:08:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I figured I am stuck in a spot where I have no projects going on and it was only $29 so I figured why not. Though my slide release is the standard gen 2 that came with the M18.. Will do before and after pics. I figured if it helped with reload times it couldn’t hurt!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For sure. I wouldn't mind if Sig or even WC made a checkered and DLC, slide release, mag release and take down lever. The take down lever would be even better if they used the Gen 1 design for some added leverage. Sig has done checkered controls in the past. The P229C and P224 both have checkered controls and they give you a lot of traction with wet hands. Also they look great too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

For sure. I wouldn't mind if Sig or even WC made a checkered and DLC, slide release, mag release and take down lever. The take down lever would be even better if they used the Gen 1 design for some added leverage. Sig has done checkered controls in the past. The P229C and P224 both have checkered controls and they give you a lot of traction with wet hands. Also they look great too.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG_9533_JPG-1758291.JPG
View Quote

Oh man, that would be sweet!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:57:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok got the slide stop / slide release today and didn’t waste any time installing it!

Here is the old slide stop on top of the Wilson Combat part:
Attachment Attached File

Installed in the FCU:
Attachment Attached File

FCU installed back in the module:
Attachment Attached File

Alternate view:
Attachment Attached File

The verdict: I like it! It sticks out just a little more which makes it a little easier to hit but the big bonus is when you are locking the slide back and thus using your thumb to push up on the slide stop. That part alone makes it worth it to me. Big test is when I go out to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Waste of money
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks good, sticks out way to much for my liking. It looks like your previous release was the standard size. The factory extended is slightly extended without sticking out too much.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to modify my grip to not hit the regular one.  No way I could run that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top