Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2021 5:46:36 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting another spring kit for my New Agent and figured that I may as well get one for my Tactical Officer's Lightweight. It is marked Lightweight Officer's ACP on the other side of the slide.
It no longer has the "flat-head" type plunger so I'm not sure what is on it now or if the slide was milled for the current guide rod.
ETA: It looks similar to this one.

Crap! I can't believe I forgot to insert the Link! I'm ccoking dinner so forgive me, guys!
Spring kit
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
That EGW parts you linked to has Clark Custom plug which directly replace OEM plug. It will only work if your frame has not been modified. Likely if your pistol has other aftermarket recoil system, it was modified. But a clear photo with slide disassembled will help confirm that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I think EGW makes one for that gun , I know Kimber Ultra Carry and I think agent are different than Officer model
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That EGW parts you linked to has Clark Custom plug which directly replace OEM plug. It will only work if your frame has not been modified. Likely if your pistol has other aftermarket recoil system, it was modified. But a clear photo with slide disassembled will help confirm that.
View Quote

That's the thing, I'm not sure if mine has been modified. It has a FLGR but I can't remember what it looks like under the dust cover. I don't have it handy right now tp check. How obvious is it to see if it was milled out?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think EGW makes one for that gun , I know Kimber Ultra Carry and I think agent are different than Officer model
View Quote

I have the Kimber spring kit since I could never find the Colt one in stock for the New Agent. The Kimber one is much stouter built than the Colt one and I'm very happy with it. I just wanted to try out the EGW one since they advertise a longer spring life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top